Looking forward to Tulsa game | The Boneyard

Looking forward to Tulsa game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Looking for the improvments and changes by the coaching staff. Anna shooting more and driving to the basket. With her shooting and scoring that will force defenses to defend all 5 UConn starters and not layoff doubleing down on Liv. It will open up the offensive lanes. I would expect Annas confidence to grow as more shots fall. I am also looking to see Liv's left handed hook as will as more driving to the basket, which should get her to the line. CW making more shots. With 5 players putting up double digets we should increase our scoring average.

Looking at the last game CW wasnt making shots, Anna was shooting more and Liv was in foul trouble (phanthom calls imo) So with that turned around we will start looking better and most importantly more confident.

Reaction Score
not sure how much we are going to learn from the Tulsa game unless UConn offers another lackluster effort...............Tulsa seems to be playing a bit better lately but when you loose to Arkansas State, Stetson and Abilene Christian there are no excuses for UConn not to dominate...............I think it's the Tennessee game that will give us a better sense of where the team is at................................................

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN should have crushed Memphis and UCF as well. Didn't UCF lose 4 starters from last season? I would have expected 25+ point wins against those teams.

Tulsa is 5-12. Memphis is 9-8. UCF is 9-6.

But I agree Tulsa is definitly worse - probably one of the worst, if not the worst, teams in our league. ECU is the other totally dreadful team. UCONN SHOULD easily win this game by 40+.

Reaction Score
I like to watch all of the games. And I usually agree with your thinking. But, in this case, in my opinion, I do not think that there is anything special about this game. And, there is nothing special about Tulsa. Maybe, the Team can come together a little bit and win by 30 or something, or they will have to slug it out again. Who knows, because no one really knows what UConn Team will show up. The special game is who will show up against Tennessee and South Carolina and how will they play or will they just disappear. Today, it is very difficult to predict or anticipate the performance of this team.

Reaction Score
I like to watch all of the games. And I usually agree with your thinking. But, in this case, in my opinion, I do not think that there is anything special about this game. And, there is nothing special about Tulsa. Maybe, the Team can come together a little bit and win by 30 or something, or they will have to slug it out again. Who knows, because no one really knows what UConn Team will show up. The special game is who will show up against Tennessee and South Carolina and how will they play or will they just disappear. Today, it is very difficult to predict or anticipate the performance of this team.
Both games will require strong performance, but SoCal is especially tough on their home court. They should be the favorite in that game. A weak offense against Tennessee would be a problem, but if we execute we should win

Reaction Score
Both games will require strong performance, but SoCal is especially tough on their home court. They should be the favorite in that game. A weak offense against Tennessee would be a problem, but if we execute we should win
SoCar not SoCal,sorry

Reaction Score
Ever since the 4th quarter meltdown vs Baylor, UConn has been pressing and been thinking too much. They have gotten out to bad starts vs mediocre teams and the doubt and pressure only increased. Today, I think they get out to a good start vs Tulsa and win easily by 40+. Hopefully, this is just the kind of confidence boosting game we needed to get our mojo back before playing Tennessee.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is the last "tune-up" before Tennessee comes to town. An opportunity to tweek and adjust everything they've been working on in practice. You can bet Tennessee has this game circled on their calendar, and are chomping at the bit to get here.

They want to win this game real bad. What a feather in their cap it would be if they could come to Storrs, and beat UConn on their home floor? When was the last time UConn lost a game AT GAMPEL? UConn MUST win that game!!! IMO, a loss to Tenn in Gampel would be worse than the loss to Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno will take off the shackles off of Aubrey Griffin in today's Tulsa game and allow her the time and game to play in the relaxed and confident manner, just like CD allowed her to do in the Seton Hall game, when she was coaching the team on behalf of Geno.

Reaction Score
They want to win this game real bad. What a feather in their cap it would be if they could come to Storrs, and beat UConn on their home floor? When was the last time UConn lost a game AT GAMPEL? UConn MUST win that game!!! IMO, a loss to Tenn in Gampel would be worse than the loss to Baylor.

Of course it would be a worse loss than Baylor. Baylor is arguably the best team in the country. Tennessee is not even in the conversation.

Reaction Score
If I was Tulsa, I would slow the game down and force half court offense from UCONN and defend with a zone. I don't see a 40 point win with the above assumptions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom