Looking forward to this season | The Boneyard

Looking forward to this season

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I didn't think I could be looking forward to this season as much as I am with all that happened over the past year (disappointing season, injuries, transfers) but I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for this season. I'm not saying we're going to win championships and get all these awards, but I do think we're going to shock a lot of teams and talking heads this year. The two biggest things IMO for this to happen is to have an injury free season and to have the chemistry clicking right from the start. The chemistry and how they're going to play starts with Ollie. He needs to hold players accountable but also not over-coach during the games. Let them play but don't be content with stupid repetitive mental errors as he has seem to allow over the years. Everyone needs to know their roles and do their part. Adams needs to be the Alpha with Gilbert and Larrier living up to and exceeding expectations. The bench is going to be key this year. We're deep and talented. There is no reason they shouldn't bury the teams they should and close out games. Last year should have lit a fire for them for this upcoming season

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I didn't think I could be looking forward to this season as much as I am with all that happened over the past year (disappointing season, injuries, transfers) but I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for this season. I'm not saying we're going to win championships and get all these awards, but I do think we're going to shock a lot of teams and talking heads this year. The two biggest things IMO for this to happen is to have an injury free season and to have the chemistry clicking right from the start. The chemistry and how they're going to play starts with Ollie. He needs to hold players accountable but also not over-coach during the games. Let them play but don't be content with stupid repetitive mental errors as he has seem to allow over the years. Everyone needs to know their roles and do their part. Adams needs to be the Alpha with Gilbert and Larrier living up to and exceeding expectations. The bench is going to be key this year. We're deep and talented. There is no reason they shouldn't bury the teams they should and close out games. Last year should have lit a fire for them for this upcoming season
Very excited about this season. I joined the boneyard at the height of gloom and doom back in April and it had me thinking that the past 28 years of great Uconn hoops was over. Obviously, last year was dismal. I may be overly optimistic but the injuries had a large impact on the season and there were many games that we were in until the last few minutes. Possibly 5 or 6 more wins with a healthier team. It still would have been a disappointing season but not the catastrophic season it turned out to be. With the four guards we have this year and Larrier and one of the new guys stepping up, we could be a tough out. I agree that we should be able to play 8 or 9 most games. Chemistry will be the key. No looking at the stat sheet - only the UCONN on the chest.

Reaction Score
I don't think we will be very good team with all the question marks but will love to see Jalen, Terry and Alterique keep uconn competitive. I love uconn basketball and could watch it 365 days a year as it is so much better than american football which I dislike more and more as I have gotten older. At least I have soccer(Atlanta united and Liverpool) and red Sox to carry me until the start of the season.

Reaction Score
We have enough bodies that ollie wont HAVE to excuse stupid mistakes. If brimah got beat or helped for an easy layup, who did we have? Durham or enoch?

Now if carlton makes a dumb error we have two experienced bodies to take his place. Or if adams makes a dumb turnover, 3 other guards.

Much more flexibility this year.

Reaction Score
Just the fact they actually have kids with Ten Toes In is exciting. I am sure partly because of KO and the surrounding rumors many of the kids seemed to be on their own page, but the staff also had to fight way too many expectations from outside sources other than the kids themselves and that blows.

Hopefully a bunch of kids rooting for each other to do well while working hard every day for minutes will allow us to enjoy whatever success this team can muster up. Expectations are somewhere between 20 wins and a birth in the dance although nothing will be easy. Backs to the wall, never know though.

Reaction Score
I'm excited about the season too. In all industries, a step back is usually met with an innovation and I think KO has recalibrated nicely. He brought in some good veteran leadership to go along with an infusion of young talent. It would be great if Wilson is able to play this year but I think the squad looks ready regardless.
Some guys are addition by subtraction and time will tell if we actually took a step forward by reshaping the roster. All I can say is that I like the guys we got. The rest is decided on the court.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If there was a poison among the players, it appears to be gone. Looks more like those players didn't belong here. All the recruits talk about is the family atmosphere being so positive. So, KO can recruit, KO can keep a positive morale. His energy is back. Now, just coach like you did in 13 and 14!

Reaction Score
Anything less than a National Championship will be disappointing. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom