Looking for signature wins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looking for signature wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think the northeast ever really did rivalries very well - just not in the DNA like it is in the southeast, for example.

But look around the country - serious rivals like Kansas and Missouri or Texas and Texas A&M won't play each other because they're, what? Mad? In different conferences? Different networks? I have no idea.

Consider a rivalry like UConn and Providence where it's really not a blood feud and there is a real network issue where both teams are beholden to different networks for table scraps - it doesn't have much of a chance. It has to get to national television and I don't see that happening - and giving away the gate for a home game playing at Providence on FS1 doesn't make a lot of sense in the new age.

UConn and Georgetown got made because CBS wanted it. UConn and Nova will likely get done for the same reason. If you look at some of the games UConn has agree to in coming years, those games are set because either ESPN wanted it or CBS wanted it. When CBS wants Providence, there you go.

Reaction Score
We played Maine, New Hampshire, Sacred Heart, and UMass Lowell already, and we have CCSU on Wednesday. We don't have the margin of error to include any more New England cupcakes on our schedule. Sorry.
Ahhhh, delusional...you won't be saying that in March when we have to win the AAC tourney to get into the dance

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm definitely not trying to say they're as good, just that, composition wise, there are a lot of similarities.

Bentil clearly has a much more advanced offensive game than Oriakhi did, though it remains to be seen if Bentil can hang with elite centers one on one. Dunn and Kemba are much different players, but their impact on the game is similar. I definitely don't see Lindsey being as good as Lamb, but I could see Bullock having a Roscoe-like impact. Hell, you could even liken Chuckwu leaving before the season to Majok leaving.

Overall team talent level is probably not as high and they don't have a living legend on the sidelines.

I agree, anyway have a nice holidays, I'm getting on a plane to the beaches of Thailand.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ahhhh, delusional...you won't be saying that in March when we have to win the AAC tourney to get into the dance

Still on board with the "Fire Kevin Ollie" movement? How's that treating you?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
In your mind is UConn 0-11 right now? They've lost to Syracuse and Gonzaga by a combined 6 points and played a top 5 Maryland team down to the wire after a slow start. You're talking about them like they're St. John's. They're a fringe top 25 team right now.
In my mind, UConn has been playing like an incompetent team 50% of the time. For those who have watched us this season, we're not as good as our ranking suggests.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In my mind, UConn has been playing like an incompetent team 50% of the time. For those who have watched us this season, we're not as good as our ranking suggests.

And yet, for the other 50% (or whatever the actual % is) we have looked very very good. If they can put it together, consistently, they'll be a very good team, and a very tough out in March. If they don't, well then much of what you see is what you get.

Reaction Score
I agree, anyway have a nice holidays, I'm getting on a plane to the beaches of Thailand.
Why do you always tell us how good your stomach feels when we sit around here with stomach aches???

Enjoy and be safe.

C

Chief00

I would like to play BC, Cuse, SJ, PC and UMass - one or two of these teams each year - remove a cupcake game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom