Looking ahead: Washington | The Boneyard

Looking ahead: Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like a team our Huskies should beat but also a team similar in ability. The have very good size along the front and the backcourt is much bigger than ours yet lost to Albany. An OT win over The Hall by 11 and a win over St Louis being their best wins. Lost to Ohio State by 11 so not too bad of a loss there, looks like a tough team to figure out......I have not seen them play at all!?!?!

They're leading scorer gets almost 20 a game on 33 of 80 from 3 which is pretty impressive. They're big guy (N'Daiye) comes in at 7'/260 so a load which Wolf will need to play well to handle, as he averages 12/10 a game also. 2 other guards in Gaddy and Suggs (6'3/6'6) both get 13 plus a game also and a kid Simmons comes off the bench and gathers in over 8 boards a game.......

This will be a very good test heading into the BE schedule from what I can see on paper......good size, some bulk and preparation for things to come!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll be attending. Hopefully the XL Center is packed. It's a prime-time ESPN game with Vitale announcing I think...

Reaction Score
Good day to get to Hartford early, watch the women play Stanford (if you care) and then hit the game after a few cocktails and enjoy our Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
UW is going to have their hands full with Boatright, Napier and Calhoun. Their guards are not as quick. But they have strong forwards and bigs that know how to finish. Wilcox can really shoot, tough matchup for Daniels or whoever is on him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Analysis right in target, we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!

Reaction Score
Living in Seattle I've seen just about every game of theirs.

Frontcourt: Size is gonna be an issue! Ndiaye is a good rebounder and huge. He doesn't really score on his own ability as he has Hands of stone, and not much in the way of footwork. Defensively he's not a shot blocker, but he is a shot disrupter with his length and agility.
SIMMONS - is a poor mans Jeff Adrien. Undersized PF that is strictly a junkyard dog type. All his points come off put backs and has hardly any offensive ability.
Also they have Jernard Jarreau 6'10, Shawn Kemp Jr.6'9 And Martin Breunig 6'8 All of whom are still developing project types who don't contribute much statistically but provide bench relief. Kemp has shown flashes but just came off of an injury and is still getting up to speed. Jarreau has a nice jump shot but has absolutely no strength and gets knocked out of position easily. Breunig rarely plays.

Backcourt: Wilcox is their best player, and he's a good one. He averages around 20. Only issue with him is that he's an off the ball player and isn't great at creating his own shot. I was at the game against Saint Louis and was impressed with how similar he was used to Boston's use of Ray Allen, off of screens and Curls. Very smooth and efficient.
Scott Suggs is a similar player with a really good jumper. He however is a little less consistent but more aggressive off the dribble. GADDY is a solid floor general but not great. Gets beat off the dribble by smaller faster guards regularly, so Nappier and Boatswright should not have any issues going past him, but he is long for a PG and won't be easy to shoot over if they have one of those games where they just wanna shoot jumpers.
Andrews is a bulldog type pg who is fearless and scrappy. But he's a freshman and plays like it. Stewart is just a gap player to fill in minutes. A lot of UW fans question whether or not he is a high d-1 caliber player.

I hope that helps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01