Look For Notre Dame To The Acc To Heat Up In The Next Couple Of Weeks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Look For Notre Dame To The Acc To Heat Up In The Next Couple Of Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This may be what happens assuming no other network will step in. I just want them to do SOMETHING. ND being noncommittal is killing us.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
I think we have to be patient. Other events may intrude around what takes place in the BE and for UConn, but if NBC takes any action they most likely will wait until after the BE contract is up for negotiation. This gives them time to evaluate ND and their own ratings as well as decide if they want to make a bigger play into the college sports scene.

Someone may laugh at NBC making a play for the NBE. But what if they offer a more than generous offer to the BE, higher than the value any rational sports fan or media would pay. It would be stupid. Unless you take into consideration that the other conferences will now be jealous of this NBE and NBC's hypothetical contract and insist on ESPN renegotiating. And if ESPN doesn't they will change their structure forcing ESPN's hand. This could impact ESPN's bottom line and make NBC stronger in the next set of rounds, or poach a "newly configured conference" this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom