Longtime Boneyard Poster Passed Away - Robertelamin | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Longtime Boneyard Poster Passed Away - Robertelamin

Reaction Score
It fills me with sadness to inform you that after a brief illness @Robertelamin passed away today at the age of 38. He was a UConn alum and the most ardent fan I've ever known. He was my friend for over 25 years and will be greatly missed. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts.
very sorry on your loss. way way too young.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Adding my sympathy to those close to him, very sorry for their loss. 38 is far too young.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Really sad news. Condolences to @Robertelamin’s family as well as you @Mano

Reaction Score
I am so sorry for your loss and that @Robertelamin won't get to witness the re-emergency of UConn. He was the perfect age to watch UConn come of age, though. From the narrow misses to the glories. I am 39 and I remember crying when we lost to Duke in the Elite 8. I am sure Robert had a similar experience, and I am glad, given his too-short time here on Earth, he at least got to watch us destroy Duke :)

Once again, sorry for your loss. It's brutal.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Robert was always chiding me for having the presumption, as a retired expat, to comment on events in the U.S., but mostly with his tongue firmly in his cheek. So sorry, Mano. He will be missed.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Mano and all, my thoughts are with all who knew him, especially those who were close. He was taken way too early. The Boneyard will miss his presence.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bob’s Obituary if anyone wants to read:

Ugh. Obviously I have a general sense of what a ~38-year-old looks like, but seeing the picture really drilled it home for me. He hadn't even gotten to the back nine yet.

I get that this is a popular board and that people die, but you can't convince me we're not on a run from hell right now. I remember dogbreath dying at 60 and thinking that was crazy young. Then cahusky died at ~50 and Robert <40. All of them were active posters basically right up to the day they died.

I'll miss Robert/Bob. All the best to his family and yours as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ugh. Obviously I have a general sense of what a ~38-year-old looks like, but seeing the picture really drilled it home for me. He hadn't even gotten to the back nine yet.

I get that this is a popular board and that people die, but you can't convince me we're not on a run from hell right now. I remember dogbreath dying at 60 and thinking that was crazy young. Then cahusky died at ~50 and Robert <40. All of them were active posters basically right up to the day they died.

I'll miss Robert/Bob. All the best to his family and yours as well.
And Dogbreath2U!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom