Longest homerun you’ve ever seen | The Boneyard

Longest homerun you’ve ever seen

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I think I saw Stanton murder a baseball yesterday. 483 feet & exit was 121.3 MPH. It was majestic. Check it out if you missed it.

He’s had a few 500. One was a missile over the Art Deco carnival structure of Marlins Park landing on the centerfield concourse a few years ago. My lord.

Reggie & Mantle have had 500+.

My question is concerning Ted Williams 502 Red Designation Seat at Fenway and Babe Ruth’s fabled 575? That’s Five-Seventy-Five.

Ortiz says, Ted’s is really hard to imagine. Article linked. Ortiz never personally came close. He tried. He even experimented with Aluminum bats.

Jerry Remy said this week, in 30 years of watching games and batting practices, at Fenway nothing has landed near that Red seat in right field.

Are those bombs long ago Fact/fiction?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Here’s some research. Kingman, Mo, Strawberry, Mantle, & Thome all had Gigantic homers. Often hitting Scoreboard’s and lights. How did they estimate back then?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I recall Manny Ramirez going OVER the old Coke bottles in the left field light tower. Must have been 500 feet

Reaction Score
I think I saw Stanton murder a baseball yesterday. 483 feet & exit was 121.3 MPH. It was majestic. Check it out if you missed it.

He’s had a few 500. One was a missile over the Art Deco carnival structure of Marlins Park landing on the centerfield concourse a few years ago. My lord.

My question is concerning Ted Williams 502 Red Designation Seat at Fenway and Babe Ruth’s fabled 575? That’s Five-Seventy-Five.

Ortiz says, Ted’s is really hard to imagine. Article linked. Ortiz never personally came close. He tried. He even experimented with Aluminum bats.

Jerry Remy said this week, in 30 years of watching games and batting practices, at Fenway nothing has landed near that Red seat in right field.

Mantle's were facts. I saw a few and the one I remember best hit off the top of the facade farthest away from the foul pole in right field. It was a line drive and hit the facade about 70 feet off the ground. Of course, there's the famous 565 footer in Washington:

Reaction Score

I saw that homer yesterday, Stanton absolutely crushed it. Both Mantle and Ruth hit right field homers over the old right field facade but there was no way to measure them. In October of 1926, Ruth supposedly hit one 650 feet while barnstorming through Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The furthest ball I've seen hit in person is Papi off Tanaka (think it was Tanaka's first appearance against the Red Sox). 480+ feet.

Reaction Score
Tommie Agee hit a 505 foot home run at Shea Stadium in 1969. It was the only upper deck HR in the stadium's history,

Mantle hitting the facade has been mentioned. Another mammoth HR was Reggie Jackson HR during All Star Game in Detroit (don't remember the year)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1966, Connie Mack Stadium...…………..Mets v. Phillies. Richie "call me Dick" Allen, crushes one high and deep over the left-center roof into the night. How far? I don't know, but I had a memorable view of it still rising while being enveloped by the darkness.

Reaction Score
In person the longest homer I've ever seen was Judge a couple years ago at Yankee stadium off Chris Sale he put one half way up the left field bleachers

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In old Yankee Stadium, when Conseco was with Oakland and before they measured HRs, we were at a game where he hit a line drive off the facing of the upper deck in left field where nobody ever hit home runs. And it went out so fast and ricocheted into the lower deck most people thought it just first landed back of the lower deck. I have no idea how far that would’ve gone if it didn’t hit that facing, but very long.

Reaction Score

If Stanton has gone over 500, why couldn't Williams go over 500?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Mcgwire at Shea (forget the date...late 90s early 2000s) hit the scoreboard in right center

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There's been a few as a Mets fan. Mo Vaughn hit one about two-thirds of the way up the old scoreboard in right field at Shea. Last year, Pete Alonso hit one about halfway up into the upper deck in Minnesota.

GemParty

Reaction Score
If Stanton has gone over 500, why couldn't Williams go over 500?

True. I’ve seen the Stanton ones. The ball flys more in 2020. He’s a Giant.

I’m shocked Ortiz says, that part of Fenway is rare air. I guess we need Stanton to rip a few that way. If one went over Teds seat would they remove it or rename it Stantons?

Ps I’m a Sox fan but lived in Miami when Stanton raked there.

Reaction Score
I’m a yankee fan and the best for me in person was a monster jim rice hit to right center. I did not think someone could hit a ball that far to the opposite field.

edit: no steroids either.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
My kid, actually, hit the longest homerun I’ve ever seen in Little League. It started out as a infield hit and he was overthrown at every base. He took a surprisingly long time, but was incredibly entertaining.

Reaction Score
There's been a few as a Mets fan. Mo Vaughn hit one about two-thirds of the way up the old scoreboard in right field at Shea. Last year, Pete Alonso hit one about halfway up into the upper deck in Minnesota.

I remember watching that Vaughn one. In person the hardest I’ve seen is Pujols hitting a line drive missle in extra innings. The most impressive one was by Ryan Howard. I have no idea what the length was, but it was a majestic shot that easily cleared the second wall out in CF. I was too much in awe of it to even be upset.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Mark McGuire hit roof at Tiger Stadium in 1997. Was 514 feet! I don’t care about the steroids it was incredible!

Reaction Score
Must give it an asterisk. Because I’m assuming. But Scott Burrell hit an HR that was still rising when it hit the trees. Otherwise it would’ve cleared the Merritt Parkway. At Hamden High.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
As a child I saw Moose Skowron in July 1959 hit one over the left centerfield wall into the bleachers at the old stadium. That was well over 460 ft. Left center was 457 ft. I also remember (but was not there) Harmon Killebrew hitting gargantuan shots in the stadium both into the left field bleachers and left field upper deck both of which were rare territory for homeruns. Mantle the only one to hit two in dead center (461 ft fence).

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Must give it an asterisk. Because I’m assuming. But Scott Burrell hit an HR that was still rising when it hit the trees. Otherwise it would’ve cleared the Merritt Parkway. At Hamden High.
Told by a Hamden High alumni that Scott had a 95 MPH heater as a pitcher in HS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom