Longest homerun you’ve ever seen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Longest homerun you’ve ever seen

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Sam Horn may have come close to hitting one out of Yankee Stadium by hitting one deep in the right field bleachers. I thought I remembered someone say he hit the advertising sign above the right field bleachers but I cannot find a reference to it. I did find this link which mentions a 480 ft homer in right in 1987 but it doesn't mention it quite that way.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In person this was the longest home run I've ever witnessed live. I was at this game in 2001. Don't believe I've ever seen anyone else hit one in the left field bleachers at the renovated Yankee Stadium.

Reaction Score
Mo Vaughn Big East Tournament at Muzzy Field. Hit it over the pine trees in right field. Some said it landed in the Pequabuck River... That Seton Hall team was crazy stacked too with Biggio, Martese Robinson and a few others...
The longest I saw at Muzzy Field was hit by Ike Blessit (cup of coffee with the Tigers) when he played for the Holyoke Miller's (Milwaukee's AA team in the Eastern League) in 1977. There is a huge oak tree behind the left center field wall at Muzzy that he almost cleared. Not taking anything away from Mo, but right field at Muzzy is around 300 feet. The fence where the tree is located is about 365-370. The only saving grace was Ike didn't hit it off of me.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was at the stadium when Mantle hit one dead center field over 400ft. Over the monuments. Marris also hit one in the seats. That game was Mel Stotlemeyer pitched his first game. He also contributed with a base hit as The Bombers beat the White Sox 9-6. I forget the date. I don't I was even a teen then.

I watched that game. Mel got a bit his first at bat and I remember the announcer saying he was batting 1,000. It caught my attention.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever been fortunate to catch a homerun or foul ball at an MLB game?

23 years ago Braves/Marlins. Livan Hernandez on the bump, and I wasn’t fully paying attention. A Chipper Jones foul ball rips a soda right out of my hand. Luckily it wasn’t a beer.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

23 years ago Braves/Marlins. Livan Hernandez on the bump, and I wasn’t fully paying attention. A Chipper Jones foul ball rips a soda right out of my hand. Luckily it wasn’t a beer.
I went to college in Montreal 20 years ago. Pretty easy pickings. 6 Canadian dollars to get in, maybe 4K in actual attendance, and you could walk in with a backpack full of booze (note - pre 9/11). I put up a hand while sitting in left field bleachers and had a Benny Agbayabi BP home run hit my hand and fall to my feet (amazingly didn’t hurt much). No sh$t got him and Rick Reed to sign it later before the game started. Still have it.

Reaction Score
I caught a foul ball at Fenway that Jed Lowrie hit. It was an easy pop up on the third base side and the guy in the row in front of me had it all lined up. But since my row was a few inches higher than his my hands were able to go above his hands and I caught it before it hit his hands. He turned around and looked at me and laughed because he thought he had it the entire time. I was with my sons who were very young so he didn't mind that my sons got to keep the ball.

Reaction Score
I saw Sam Horn hit one in the minors to straight away center. It disappeared into the night air. It hurt my ears when he hit it. I was just a kid. I think it was at Beehive when the AA Sox team was in New Britain.
On tv, I remember watching Richie Sexson hit a homerun off the center field scoreboard in Arizona. I think he hit his own face. It's probably on youtube. I think it was also his 200th of his career.
It wasn't just where the ball hit. It was how quickly it got there.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I think I saw Stanton murder a baseball yesterday. 483 feet & exit was 121.3 MPH. It was majestic. Check it out if you missed it.

He’s had a few 500. One was a missile over the Art Deco carnival structure of Marlins Park landing on the centerfield concourse a few years ago. My lord.

Reggie & Mantle have had 500+.

My question is concerning Ted Williams 502 Red Designation Seat at Fenway and Babe Ruth’s fabled 575? That’s Five-Seventy-Five.

Ortiz says, Ted’s is really hard to imagine. Article linked. Ortiz never personally came close. He tried. He even experimented with Aluminum bats.

Jerry Remy said this week, in 30 years of watching games and batting practices, at Fenway nothing has landed near that Red seat in right field.

Are those bombs long ago Fact/fiction?

I also saw him do that either last year or year before. With this COVID and delayed or canx sports I am losing some dated material in my mind. It also exited to left field at the same speed you indicated. It was a line drive to deep left field. What a rocket.

Reaction Score
Technically this doesn't count because the ball was caught but the longest ball I ever saw hit was by a member of the Gas House Gorillas but it was caught by Bugs Bunny on top of the Umpire State Building

Reaction Score
The longest I saw at Muzzy Field was hit by Ike Blessit (cup of coffee with the Tigers) when he played for the Holyoke Miller's (Milwaukee's AA team in the Eastern League) in 1977. There is a huge oak tree behind the left center field wall at Muzzy that he almost cleared. Not taking anything away from Mo, but right field at Muzzy is around 300 feet. The fence where the tree is located is about 365-370. The only saving grace was Ike didn't hit it off of me.
Jim Rice hit a similar shot almost over that oak. Know it well. Mo Vaughn’s went further. All impressive blasts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom