Long plane ride, who'd you pick? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Long plane ride, who'd you pick?

Reaction Score
Gibson didn't talk much, but he did have some good quips. My favorite: I had seven pitches. Fastball, curveball, slider, changeup, brushback, knockdown, and hit batsman.

I wish I was old enough to see him and Drysdale in the 60's.
Back then when the pitching mound was higher, Gibson was almost unhittable.

Reaction Score
I think it would be: Nickola Tesla for the male choice - no telling what incredible gems I might hear. Now understanding it all would be a different story.

For the lady choice: Evina Westbrook - she was such a rock for our Huskies.

Reaction Score
Natasha Cloud, Nneka Ogwumike, Dawn Staley, Naphessa Collier, Gabby Williams, Kia Nurse, or A'ja Wilson.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Steve Kerr and Kelsey Plum. Steve for the deep insights, Plum for the hearty laughs (plus she's short, so she won't compete for my leg room). Last pick: DT - you know she'd elbow you relentlessly for the arm rest! ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Say you are traveling cross-country on a mid-morning flight, and you either bought business class (or first class) seats or you got upgraded. You find sitting next to a sports celebrity well known person in a relatively empty flight. He/she didn't bring work on the plane and is in a mood to talk for (at least a part of) the 5-6 hour long flight.

Who do you want that person to be?
Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle, is my choice. Learning about how he developed his management style and why he admires the Japanese culture so much would be my interests. Of course he would have to invite me onto his private jet since I doubt very much if he flies commercial. Better yet fly the back seat of a jet fighter he is piloting. Might as well dream big. He owns 2 or 3 of them and does fly them. Hopefully one is a trainer.

Once I was seated next to Itzhak Pearlman. A wonderfully charming person he is. After talking for 20 minutes or so I realized I may be interfering with his work he wished to do. I was ignoring my own work. He began working on a arrangement. At least that is what I thought he was doing. Fascinatingly he would periodically stop and play a computer game - basketball! He said he really likes basketball.

My cousin, Jack, was seated next to Ben Crenshaw. Jack was and still is an excellent knowledgeable golfer. He is quite an affable fellow. He and Ben hit it off and even shared a cab to the same hotel. The following morning at 7 AM Jack's phone rang. It was Crenshaw saying his foursome had a cancellation and would Jack consider joining them. He always traveled with his clubs. One picosecond later he said YES! Wrecked his schedule for that week but what the hey!

Reaction Score
I think it would be: Nickola Tesla for the male choice - no telling what incredible gems I might hear. Now understanding it all would be a different story.

For the lady choice: Evina Westbrook - she was such a rock for our Huskies.
Back in 1900, yes 1900, Tesla predicted there would be both radio and television (I think he coined the word television). What planet was this guy from? Good choice to sit next to.

Reaction Score
OK how about the middle seat between Geno and CD? Or if you like fisticuffs how about the middle seat between Jim Calhoun and Calipari? I'll put $10 bucks on Jim. Maybe $10 on CD. :)

Reaction Score
Geno, hands down.
Great coach, teacher, philosopher, humorist, conversationalist, humanitarian. He's modern, but he's also old school. I feel like I could talk with him for hours, and not just about basketball. What a gift he is. He should live and be well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom