Long Offseason | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Long Offseason

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, "it happens" if you lose as a three seed to Bucknell (really? Bucknell?) and Bradley (not 1950's Bradley but early 21st century Bradley) but Hurley gets bounced as a seven against Maryland and then as a five against NMSU and you've seen enough to make the assessment that this is different"?

All posturing, joking, positioning aside: please explain how anyone can claim that Hurley is at a different stage in his career today than Self was mid-March 2006? I really need you to answer this.
Huh? I'm not calling for Hurley to be fired. I put the loss this year squarely on NMSU playing one of the greatest games in tournament history. Last year? We were unprepared and embarrassed. That Bradley team made the Sweet 16 by the way, beating Pitt after KU.

But if you must, Self won 20+ games in his 4th season at Oral Roberts after taking over a team much worse than UConn under Ollie. Then took Tulsa to the NCAA tournament twice in 3 years, including a final season ranking of 18. Then went to coach Illinois, where he won the B1G regular season or conference tournament all 3 years, went to the tournament all three years and had teams end the year ranked 4, 13 and 11. That's before he got to Kansas. The last time he coached a team that didn't finish top 20 in the AP poll was 1999 at Tulsa. So yeah, Hurley is not where Self was at the same point (year 12) in their careers. Not close really.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch that Larry Brown is Penny's assistant at Memphis? IMO DH needs that kind of wisdom on his bench to help w/in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball.
That didn't last long.

Reaction Score
Sorry not sorry Penny and Brown, Can we not bump this unti uconn reaches the final four again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom