Long Goodman article on the program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

Reaction Score
Firing the assistant coach with the best relationship with the players and who was working the hardest on recruiting seems like a head scratcher. It must have been all those junk zone defenses and academic plans Miller was forcing on everyone.

Reaction Score
Firing the assistant coach with the best relationship with the players and who was working the hardest on recruiting seems like a head scratcher. It must have been all those junk zone defenses and academic plans Miller was forcing on everyone.
Since it's obvious that the person giving this quote was Miller himself, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The most concerning thing I read, regarding Vance:

"Jackson, who averaged 8.1 points and 26 minutes per game as a freshman, met with Ollie after last season and wanted to know what the plan was for him to be able to develop into more than just a spot-up shooter."

"[Jackson] wanted a clear plan going forward," the source said. "
He didn't want to transfer, but there was no plan."

Huh? No plan for a player that we could've really used this season and beyond? No plan for a player who actually wanted to stay? If this is true then this is finally does it for me. He needs to be gone and we need a change.
Yeah the day after our season ended Vance posted a picture on Instagram and the caption was like “year 1 in the books better things coming next year #uconn” or something and shortly there after he was gone.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Since it's obvious that the person giving this quote was Miller himself, I wouldn't take it too seriously.
I assumed that, but if I was Miller, why not go on the record? The place has been a tire fire since he left.

Reaction Score
Be nice to have one named source behind any of Goodman’s quotes. Reads like a boneyard collaboration. We lost out on Diallo solely because KO didn’t try hard enough. Good one
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for Kevin Ollie to admit to all of these...it seems that’s what it might take for some of you to believe the truth. It’s unreal.

And as for named sources, do you know how reporting works? Are you equally upset about the positive comments that are unattributed? Do they lack the same credibility? There’s zero upside for any source to have critical comments publicly attributed to them. Especially because they like KO as a person. And even if they don’t, why throw yourself under the bus? There’s a frustration close to the program that’s been brewing for years and “off the record” responses are that frustration boiling over.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The most concerning thing I read, regarding Vance:

"Jackson, who averaged 8.1 points and 26 minutes per game as a freshman, met with Ollie after last season and wanted to know what the plan was for him to be able to develop into more than just a spot-up shooter."

"[Jackson] wanted a clear plan going forward," the source said. "
He didn't want to transfer, but there was no plan."

Huh? No plan for a player that we could've really used this season and beyond? No plan for a player who actually wanted to stay? If this is true then this is finally does it for me. He needs to be gone and we need a change.
"Vance, we family. Now get your ten toes in the gym."

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The Glenn Miller "individual training" part
and not going to MAL's senior games - SMH.
Also, divorce is brutal. It does have devastating effects on people. Oh well, Go
Huskies!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Despite some ridiculous claims to the contrary here, no one wanted him to fail.

But all of the reasons listed in that article have been mentioned here for some time....he doesn’t work hard enough.

This is all on Kevin Ollie. All of it.

You have been saying this for a long time.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for Kevin Ollie to admit to all of these...it seems that’s what it might take for some of you to believe the truth. It’s unreal.

And as for named sources, do you know how reporting works? Are you equally upset about the positive comments that are unattributed? Do they lack the same credibility? There’s zero upside for any source to have critical comments publicly attributed to them. Especially because they like KO as a person. And even if they don’t, why throw yourself under the bus? There’s a frustration close to the program that’s been brewing for years and “off the record” responses are that frustration boiling over.

You sound really connected. Were you a source? Thanks for the lesson on reporting. Appreciated

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This goes against everything we know about Kevin Ollie who prides himself on being a hard worker. This is a fringe NBA player who worked and willed himself into a decent career and financial independence. I don’t understand how he could go to watch these coveted recruits only one time while Calipari saw them multiple times. We know he must have sent other staff but is this just that he delegated? Does he fly all over the country to see recruits? If he is not seeing Diallo because he is all over the US on other guys I guess that is a reason. The average fans like us don’t know his schedule, who does what and if he is really negligent or lazy. Is it possible that one of the the reasons for his divorce was not spending enough family time and he pulled back to compensate?

Considering how much of recruiting is done by assistants, I’d like to know how many times the assistants went and saw those 2 as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
All of this and more has been relayed to the fans here but many chose/still choose to keep their head in the sand or lash out at the messengers.

It looks bad. A few of them I’d like more context (like my post below about MAL and Diallo).

Some are just inexcusable

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I just think the article is a piece of crap. Not lashing out at what was written. Clearly things aren’t well.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree. I knew I should’ve gone there, don’t wanna start a holy war about it.

Yes hats the biggest part in dispute for the entire article article, but with features like these, you can make that story sound better cause there isn’t much of a way to prove it false.

I think lunardi was not as high on us as the committee turned out to be, hence the dichotomy of opinions.

It was proven false by the mere fact that Tulsa made it as an at-large selection with a worse resume, and they play in the same conference. It would have been great theater watching the talking heads confront the selection committee with their decision to put Tulsa in the field in favor of a clearly better UCONN. I'm not sure they could have made up any argument for it that would have garnered even a tiny shred of plausible credibility. Taking a clearly in the field tournament team to four overtimes, even if we had lost the game, would have been all the proof they needed to show we were a tournament worthy team.

Goodman's no different from any of the pitchfork wavers here. When some false claim fits the "Fire Ollie" narrative conveniently, use it. He's an idiot.

Reaction Score
Most simply have more tact and discretion than you do, and different ideas about their place and the best way to communicate their thoughts.
word salad.

the Q

Reaction Score
Can someone point to something in the article that’s new? If you were paying attention?

I admit I didn’t realize the lack of individual instruction time.

That is something I kinda assumed was standard and came with the territory.

To compare to another sport, it’s why Barry bonds was fired after one year as hitting coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom