Am I happy we are playing basketball and soccer in the NBE? Yes
Other sports, baseball in particular - no way

Reaction Score
1. The AAC is not better top to bottom than the NBE
2. There are at least 5 teams in the AAC that would fare fairly well in the NBE
3. The NBE is not the OBE in any form whatsoever - its not the BE, its the NBE

very well put - it's a sham that the NBE is even using the BE name.

Reaction Score
Who the hell said that, nothing will ever top the Old Big East that includes the ACC. Will just be happy I can actually watch Uconn on TV, being able to watch games now feels like finding a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
should have tagged you; you are a fool.
yes, because an all-Catholic conference is exactly like a conference that featured all-sports. Who's the fool?

Reaction Score
The Zombie Big East marches on. If you love tiny Catholic Schools, it's the premiere conference in the country.

Reaction Score
anyone who thinks that the AAC is better than the big east for basketball whether short or long term should have their basketball card taken away. we have teams from Tulsa to houston to louisiana for god sake. how is anyone supposed to recruit players and have that as an appealing facet of being in the American.also, houston's ranked and can barely fill half their arena... even depaul at the bottom and st johns at the bottom fill up their arenas impressively despite struggling

Reaction Score
i hope you aac lovers would've loved to have to go on espn plus and watch uconn vs south florida or whatever non marquee matchup, let alone pay an extra 60 bucks a year on top of what you have to pay for ur cable or whatever. imagine telling a recruit, "hey, we're gonna have a boat load of games on espn plus!" rather than being on a tv slot where the everyday viewer can find you on a normal ESPN/espn2/espnu/cbs/cbssn/fox/fs1/fs2 channel

can't wait for our transition to fox sports and having all games be broadcast with no issues. the AAC deal with espn that threw teams on espn plus tells you everything on how espn feels about the american, a joke.

Reaction Score
1. The AAC is not better top to bottom than the NBE
2. There are at least 5 teams in the AAC that would fare fairly well in the NBE
3. The NBE is not the OBE in any form whatsoever - its not the BE, its the NBE

With all due respect, what is this nonsense even supposed to mean. That's all it sounds to me. Old, new... nonsense.

The Big East went through at least four different iterations over its existence prior to 2013. No one was saying old vs new when the early 2000s rolled around. You old timers want to hold this distinction of the old mighty Big East vs the new "weaker" league and setting your marker to 2013 to fit your own agenda

Truth is that prior to 2013 the league had some amazingly great years, some good years, some average years, and some bad years. What the old timers insist on doing is lumping the entire history of the Big East as the "3 Final Four 1985 year" with "11 bids 2011 tournament". There was a lot of mediocrity in between which gets overlooked. Yes, the pre-2013 Big East was a great conference, no one can deny. But to insist in this before and after as if the current iteration is anything less its nonsense. Post-2013 Big East has won two national championship and has been a Top 3 conference pretty much every year which is right on average to the pre-2013 Big East performance.

You guys gotta move on. Connecticut its in the right place in a league where games have meaning and were basketball is king.

Reaction Score
The Zombie Big East marches on. If you love tiny Catholic Schools, it's the premiere conference in the country.

How is that any different from early iterations of the Big East? Catholic schools have always had a strong footing on this league.

S---hit, I'm not even religious. I don't even care about the subject. but why so much anti-catholic rhetoric here?

Reaction Score

sounds woke, the Big East averaged in 2019 4,000+more fans in attendance per game than the AAC on average so even if the AAC is "better" than the big east next year, no one is going to care. The number 1 team in the conference last week, Tulsa, barely had a half full arena against us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You. You are the fool.
sure, basketball is better (marginally? substantially?), but as a sports conference it's a step backwards. You need to look at the bigger picture, not just through the spectrum of a single sport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sure, basketball is better (marginally? substantially?), but as a sports conference it's a step backwards. You need to look at the bigger picture, not just through the spectrum of a single sport.

I think long-term the Big East can use its powerful Men/Women's basketball brand to continually improve Olympic sports. I think georgetown winning the NCAA Soccer title is a preview to that. Big East teams have also won the Lax championship. The only sport the league is handicapped is baseball due to the seasonal disadvantage (Northeast winter)

With that said - who the heck makes decisions based on Olympic sports?

Reaction Score
Damn we win two big games back to back, have a resurgence of hope and then see this off-season type thread. Hope the Mojo knows what it's doing.

Jeez!

What's The Matter GIF - SethMeyers CantEverybodyJustHaveAGoodTime Sad GIFs

Reaction Score

nope still wrong.

better in the big picture for the school not to be associated with community colleges.

UConn football as an independent is better than UConn football in the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom