Log Jam at QB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Log Jam at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nebrich's back up had 318 yards passing in three quarters today after Nebrich went down with a leg injury. I'm thinking Fordham is the ideal place to play QB. Lots of time to throw and receivers that get open and catch the ball. In the little he played here he looked panicked by a pass rush.
That may be true but considering his age and experience at that time it is not uncommon. I imagine that Tom Brady had the same issue at one point as a freshman at Michigan.

I don't know what the entire story was with Nebrich leaving. I do know that some very close to MN were furious with GDL and felt GDL decided Nebrich wasn't going to play QB no matter what happened. For the record, Walt Harris chose Palko over Joe Flacco a decade ago and in retrospect that appears to be a ridiculous decision. That doesn't mean that Nebrich is going to be another Flacco, just that some decisions are made that down the road make people scratch their heads.

Reaction Score
That may be true but considering his age and experience at that time it is not uncommon. I imagine that Tom Brady had the same issue at one point as a freshman at Michigan.

I don't know what the entire story was with Nebrich leaving. I do know that some very close to MN were furious with GDL and felt GDL decided Nebrich wasn't going to play QB no matter what happened. For the record, Walt Harris chose Palko over Joe Flacco a decade ago and in retrospect that appears to be a ridiculous decision. That doesn't mean that Nebrich is going to be another Flacco, just that some decisions are made that down the road make people scratch their heads.
My guess is that if Nebrich played here this year he would have similar numbers to what our three QB's have and if any of our three QB's played at Fordham this year, they would be putting up huge numbers.

Reaction Score
How short are the passes? 5 yards? Is he woefully missing the receivers or are they dropping them?

Watch the first half again. The receivers are stationary for Boyle. He throws it to them while they are stationary (not a timing route), he is missing wide right. In the UCF game he was sailing them over their heads. It is not scheme.

He's missing easy ones, because it's a matter of repetition. 5-yard slants, WR screens, etc. Players are simply not in the same position for those plays that Welker, Woodhead, Lloyd, Branch and Vereen were last year. The players are expecting the ball in front of them whereas Brady always put it on their outside hip to avoid a DB making a play on it. So, the whole thing looks off.

Reaction Score
Yeah, half kidding and poking fun at the prior posts about PP/GDL ignoring certain QB's, playing favorites, etc and then some dildo talking about PP's years in the NFL like he was Vince Lombardi. Then again, a certain 3rd round draft choice out of Moorehead State, turned into a decent QB for the Giants some years back, (some said too small or not fast enough) and I will bet that neither PP or GDL were on the Giants scouting staff when he was signed.

Hey, huskyrob, since you called me a dildo, let's try for reading comprehension next time.

I was responding to a guy that said Lagow's HS coaches knew more about football than Pasqualoni. If you think that's right, you are hopelessly lost.

Reaction Score
Hey, huskyrob, since you called me a dildo, let's try for reading comprehension next time.

I was responding to a guy that said Lagow's HS coaches knew more about football than Pasqualoni. If you think that's right, you are hopelessly lost.
Sorry about that "upstater" I usually like your posts. That being said, it would not surprise me in the least that stubborn old Paul Pasqualoni thought he knew more about a player from Texas that had just joined his team, than the boys football coaches who watched him play and mature for 4 years in HS. PP was an hired by an even bigger , IMHO. "Every man is my superior in that I might learn from him".....Knute Rockne.

Reaction Score
Sorry about that "upstater" I usually like your posts. That being said, it would not surprise me in the least that stubborn old Paul Pasqualoni thought he knew more about a player from Texas that had just joined his team, than the boys football coaches who watched him play and mature for 4 years in HS. PP was an hired by an even bigger , IMHO. "Every man is my superior in that I might learn from him".....Knute Rockne.

This isn't what was said though. The original post said that Lagow was used to coaches who knew more about football than Pasqualoni. I just said that sounds preposterous to me. Now, somewhere in this universe, there may be a chance that there is a HS football coach who knows more about football than a NFL coordinator, but the chances that it was Lagow's coach are slim to none.

Reaction Score
This isn't what was said though. The original post said that Lagow was used to coaches who knew more about football than Pasqualoni. I just said that sounds preposterous to me. Now, somewhere in this universe, there may be a chance that there is a HS football coach who knows more about football than a NFL coordinator, but the chances that it was Lagow's coach are slim to none.

There are some HS football coaches down in Texas that makes more than the district superintendent. They are paid to know a lot, maybe more than Paul Pasqualoni ever did. It would not surprise me, especially given his pattern of thinking that he knows more than anyone else who worked under him, or previously worked with a recruit. This disagreement with the Texas coaches or a parent is not an isolated incident. Just ask Joe Moorehead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Just for the record I was wondering if Lagow felt that way about the coaching staff namely GDL. I didn't say they were better coaches than PP. Sorry for the confusion. Too easy to lump both together as PGDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom