Liverpool! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool's downfall was presaged when the Sox got rid of Mookie Betts. FSG has both teams just sitting on their laurels while they cry poverty. I wonder if John Henry has money trouble? BTW, thanks for dredging this thread out of mothballs. Post #274 was prescient.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I do think they get cut a little slack for all the injuries. You currently have 2 guys playing D that should be in the midfield and nobody replaces Van Dyke. The list includes: Van Dyke, Gomez, Matip, Keita & Jota. The killer injury that they haven't recovered from is Jota. Not only was he huge off the bench, at times saving their bacon, he probably should have been the starter the way he was performing. Without him there was no goal scoring option after the front three.
I think if FSG really had cash trouble, they would have gone through with the merger with Redball Acquisition (RBAC) to get an immediate infusion of cash.

Reaction Score
Did you see how he's the highest rated FIFA Playstation player? Not in the game, playing the game.
Incredible - his FUT team is super impressive lol 30-0 in weekend league even moreso. &&&& he just became a father - can't wait to see him back on the pitch!

I do think they get cut a little slack for all the injuries. You currently have 2 guys playing D that should be in the midfield and nobody replaces Van Dyke.
Just saw this:
Hendo in MID: P11, W7, D4, L0, GF 28, GA 11, GPG: 2.27
Hendo in DEF: P12 W4, D3, L5, GF 16, GA18, GPG: 1.25

Now, this does not tell the entire story, of course, and Hendo (IMO) has played well at the back, but man do we miss him and Fabs bossing the middle of the park.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But at the end of the day we need more balls in the net and less faces in hands.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Just saw this:
Hendo in MID: P11, W7, D4, L0, GF 28, GA 11, GPG: 2.27
Hendo in DEF: P12 W4, D3, L5, GF 16, GA18, GPG: 1.25
That's an impressive statistic. It just seemed to me that the passing had stagnated to probing around the perimeter. The cross field field and through passes that Hendo plays from the mid were missing. He has a different kind of field vision from everyone else. Next time they play I fully expect at least 1 of the new defenders to start with Henderson back into the midfield. Anything else will be disappointing.

Reaction Score
What the heck is wrong with Liverpool?

Arsenal put together 465 minutes of good football and then held on for a 4-2 win over Leeds. It would be nice if they could actually string 90 minutes of good football consistently across multiple games. Such an up and down team right now.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
At 1-0 I thought we had a chance to hold on. Then everything #2'd the bed. One of those goals there should have been a foul on the defender who used both hands and shoved Mane. But given how many they gave up, it was irrelevant. Another poor play by Allison. No communication on that one.
I went from barely knowing what defeat was to forgetting how winning feels. Free Fallin'

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I truly believe FSG insulted the soccer gods with their hubris.

Reaction Score
At 1-0 I thought we had a chance to hold on. Then everything #2'd the bed. One of those goals there should have been a foul on the defender who used both hands and shoved Mane. But given how many they gave up, it was irrelevant. Another poor play by Allison. No communication on that one.
I went from barely knowing what defeat was to forgetting how winning feels. Free Fallin'
Allison’s last two games were as poor as a quality goalie can have. His mistakes have been beyond head scratching.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Allison’s last two games were as poor as a quality goalie can have. His mistakes have been beyond head scratching.
I'm hoping it's not the Curse of Karius! Just in time for Champions League. That would suck.

Reaction Score
Good result in Budapest - need to carry this momentum and claim 3 pts Saturday

Major bummer the Derby will be played at the same time as UConn/Nova - def would have been a perfect Sat afternoon at the pub.

Reaction Score
Good result in Budapest - need to carry this momentum and claim 3 pts Saturday

Major bummer the Derby will be played at the same time as UConn/Nova - def would have been a perfect Sat afternoon at the pub.
I'm going to have one game on the computer and one game on the television, can't miss either !

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I'm going to have one game on the computer and one game on the television, can't miss either !
It's days like tomorrow where the DVR is indispensable. Liverpool at 12:30, men at 1, women at 3, men's hockey at 4. I've got a busy day lined up of sitting on my arse.

Reaction Score
worst saturday afternoon in recent history. ouch. that one hurt. everton celebrating like they won the league. good for them. what an achievement!

jota set to return to training this week - blades sunday...... to say we need 3 is an understatement

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
worst saturday afternoon in recent history.
The Liverpool loss set the tone for my day. Pool loses, men lose, women win and then hockey loses. At least baseball won, though I didn't listen to that. No time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom