Liverpool! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

Reaction Score
just over 48 hours to go, Redmen! Anfield awaits!

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD(c) Robbo
Ox Fab Gini
Mo Bobby Sadio

bet hendo does get the call but this would be my XI
I like the lineup but Joe hasn’t been on form this season, sucks that Matip is out, been better than VVD so far. Hendo wears the armband so he won’t be out of the lineup for a game of this magnitude, plus I like the role of Ox coming on around the 60th minute to add dynamism to the center of the park. Gonna be a fun game to watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For me the Ox is key. He's in top form and he loves to stick it to City. In Klopp I trust but he better start Ox.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Jurgen will probably stick with Hendo, Gini and Fabinho in the midfield. I would drop Hendo for Ox because Citeh has a defensive problem with Rodri and LaPorte out. No defensive midfield shield in Gundogan and Stones will be a big step down from LaPorte. Also, not having Zinchenko hurts their defensive side.

However, Citeh has a great attack and Hendo and Wijnaldum can help slow down Citeh better than Ox and Wijnaldum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One way you can tell you're a fan is when you have a nice breakfast in front of you while watching the game and you're hungry but you just don't feel like eating.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool has wins against teams 2-6 in (on?) the table. Drew against the 7th place team. And of the current top 7 teams, City has only played Liverpool to date.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Beware, a massive bandwagon’s growing further and appears may soon approach ManU, Chelski, Citeh depths. ;)
On a UConn message board it seems apropos to mention that the bandwagon started up at The Rent!

LP (2).jpg

Reaction Score
Alas, acknowledging jumping on a bandwagon years in advance just not Celtic. Enjoy the wins; Klopp’s likable and has ‘em playing well.

Reaction Score
Amazing that Alexander-Arnold wasn't called for a handball early on, and Liverpool took it right down and scored. City too busy complaining about the no-call, and they got punished for it. It all unraveled after that.

VAR is an absolute joke. It has gifted Spurs 2 draws that they probably should have lost, it has missed more than it has hit. It is so inconsistently and strangely applied, they need to scrap it and only use goal line technology. Some of these offside calls are ridiculous, and the fact the line used to determine is drawn by a person, not a machine, completely useless and flawed

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After a bit of a dip, Liverpool looks like a machine right now. Three games in 6 days, they score 10 and have two clean sheets. All while rotating the squad. They lose a player who might have been playing the best, no problem. They add an unused player who is now looking like their best player. Boxing Day could be epic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
City and Leicester have only 1 point from Norwich in 2 games. Incredible. Liverpool poaches a striker for a rock-bottom price, go through in the CL, reup their manager and move 10 points clear in the PL. Good week.

ADD: In case anyone hadn't heard, with their new addition Liverpool now has Gini, Mini, Mane and Mo.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went out in public with my Virgil jersey today. If you can't do so after winning the world championship, when can you? Plus, I lost a couple and it's not so snug.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On the road against the PL's shutdown D and Liverpool scored 4 goals. That's a message being sent.

Reaction Score
If you haven't yet bought stock in Liverpool now is a great time to hop aboard. This team is about to pop, they should feast on silverware over the next 3-4 years. If you like coaching, Jurgen Klopp might be the best in the world across all of sport. The man is an all-world leader. To run a European club at this high a level considering where the club was just 4 years ago takes perfection in every department. Every new player signed is a hit, every player in the squad has develops dramatically, and in the results business his team is inevitable. In 2019 they played 36 games and won 30 (5 draws and 1 loss at Man city). They have started this season with 17 wins out of 18 games. This team has made winning look automatic. The commentator described them as "a team gathering points at an industrial rate", that is a testament to how well they are managed, in the truest sense of the word. The cherry on top is Klopp's best attribute, his culture building. Every player brought into the squad is evaluated technically but also based off of their personality's compatability with the rest of the unit. Klopp has successfully reawakened a European giant and he did so by tapping into the club's soul, an all-time rebuild in my opinion.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was a Liverpool fan in the 70's and 80's and lost constant touch until 2009. I got up in the middle of the night to watch Klopp's intro press conference and it has been pure joy ever since. He is a connector of the fan base, heart and team. He has built the now World Champions, European Champions and soon to be Champions of England. He is now working on developing the replacements for his guys through the youth system. They are devastating on the break, have amazing passers in Robertson and Alexander Arnold, and they play hard every game. I now choose watching Liverpool over most UConn games(will do that this Sunday). My friends think that is amazing since I used to listen to UConn games on the radio as a little boy. That is how much joy watching Liverpool has brought me.

Klopp is rare - he is a visionary, a leader, a players manager, a tactician and a comedian all rolled up into one!! He could lead a Fortune 500 company or any sports team. Players get better under him and consistently never reach the same level after they leave him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Klopp is the anti-Edsall. He never kills his own guys. Remember early on when Liverpool was giving up tons of goals? He knew he didn't have the guys to hold the scoring down so instead playing the blame game he said stuff like, "winning 4-3 is just as good as 2-1." And remember how the experts used that as an example of how he would never make it?

Reaction Score
13 ahead, game in hand, wolves in sight. on to thursday redmen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom