Liverpool! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

Reaction Score
I believe this article says it all: Nobody Has It Better Than Liverpool
It really is an incredible time to be a fan. The club is run remarkably well not only on the sporting side (best manager in the world) but also on the business side were FSG have built Liverpool from the verge of bankruptcy into an organization that can compete financially with anyone. This Liverpool team appears to be at the beginning of a very successful 5 year "cycle".

Reaction Score
Sell Divock Origi huh?

"maybe" lol - what a good use of time bringing this back and picking this one from the silly szn, had the rest spot on maybe a year early - no? see your selective sharing didn't include the post about that if we did bring Divock back from loan that Dom would leave (albeit predicted loan not sale).

still celebrating - don't care - glad it never happened! YNWA

Reaction Score
Well, Mancheater City may reasonably say "Hello down there". Great accomplishment for Liverpool, but advantage goes to Man City's season-long Premiership Championship. However, Klopp's both highly respected and likeable; challenging combo to achieve!
There is a weird dynamic between City and LFC in the trophies they won. City won the more trophies and the PL (the one we want the most because we havnt won it in an eternity) while Liverpool won the objectively bigger competition (and the only trophy City are yet to bu--win).

Reaction Score
"maybe" lol - what a good use of time bringing this back and picking this one from the silly szn, had the rest spot on maybe a year early - no? see your selective sharing didn't include the post about that if we did bring Divock back from loan that Dom would leave (albeit predicted loan not sale).

still celebrating - don't care - glad it never happened! YNWA
You'll hear no criticism of me, I found it funny because it highlights the absurdity that has been Divock Origi's season. From on the way out to a portfolio of big game goals that rivals Steven Gerrard's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The sell Divock bandwagon was filling up quickly back then. But I kept reading "Klopp sees something he likes." I guess we all see that now.

Reaction Score
The sell Divock bandwagon was filling up quickly back then. But I kept reading "Klopp sees something he likes." I guess we all see that now.

I had Origi on my FIFA 15 Career Mode years ago. I won like 6 Champions League titles with him playing for West Bromwich Albion. Max Meyer was my #10 with Pogba as the box to box.

Reaction Score
still beaming ear to ear. anyone doing the Fenway / Yankee / Notre Dame friendlies?

What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive, Reds.

Reaction Score
awesome time at Boss Nights @ House of Blues and the game at Fenway. Result, albeit preseason, and that disturbing tackle on Laroucci aside, really fun time and Boston was RED!

LFC Hartford appears to be partnering with the Half Door as their official home moving forward. Hope to see some of you Husky Reds out there!

here's a shot with me and ole big ears from Saturday :)

Reaction Score
awesome time at Boss Nights @ House of Blues and the game at Fenway. Result, albeit preseason, and that disturbing tackle on Laroucci aside, really fun time and Boston was RED!

LFC Hartford appears to be partnering with the Half Door as their official home moving forward. Hope to see some of you Husky Reds out there!

View attachment 44962

Heard about that tackle and just read about it. Yikes, that's a straight red anywhere and is absolutely unnecessary in a friendly. Looked like Gnagnon lost his head over something and came into the play looking to take Laroucci out, period. It was not a soccer play and Liverpool is lucky that he wasn't seriously injured (hopefully).

PS - can they stop playing soccer at Fenway. The size of the pitch is off and the sightlines are horrible. Its likley the only place I have seen that beats Yankee Stadium as the worst vendor to host a match. Of course, the Fenway group owns Liverpool so even if the Revs get their own, soccer-specific stadium in the Boston area, Liverpool will still play at Fenway.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

View attachment 44962

It was fun at the game although the crowd was a little quiet for my liking. Question - there is an unofficial Liverpool supporters club out of Canton that usually meets at the Grindstone Tavern. Is this another group of LFC supporters?

Reaction Score
It was fun at the game although the crowd was a little quiet for my liking. Question - there is an unofficial Liverpool supporters club out of Canton that usually meets at the Grindstone Tavern. Is this another group of LFC supporters?
Agreed re: the crowd. I was in the fenway kop-end behind the goal and it was mostly small pockets of supporters starting chants every few minutes, not sure how the rest of fenway was but it was a tad quiet. lets blame the heat?

to answer your question - I have heard this as well, although hearing of the Canton Reds is as far as I have gotten, I am not sure I have met any of them and have not ventured out to visit. I do plan on being present at Half Door for the games I can make. The two groups, Canton and Hartford, are indeed different.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tonight is the 15th anniversary of Liverpool’s epic appearance at Rentschler Field. And maybe not so coincidentally, the 15th anniversary of my Liverpool fandom. I only wish I had a six pack of Carlsberg to celebrate.

Reaction Score
It was fun at the game although the crowd was a little quiet for my liking.

My nephew is LFC supporter and I started following EPL at the start of last season. Being an rabid fan of Led Zeppelin I began following Robert Plant's Wolves.

I was at the game at Fenway as well. It was my first professional soccer game and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The pitch was ridiculously narrow, but nowhere near as bad as what I saw at Yankee Stadium.

We had lunch at Tony C's and it was packed with Liverpool supporters. A guy on acoustic guitar had the songs and chants going and it was really fun. My nephew lives in New Hartford, so I'll have to tell him about the Grindstone!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Catch that assist by Firmino today? This team is looking good.
Firmino was chock full of nifty passes. On the Liverpool Echo site I saw the word filthy used in a headline. Appropriate.
Norwich is leading 3-1 over Man City at the 70 minute mark.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Tough loss yesterday. I thought Napoli had the better of the play and slightly better chances. That said, I thought the penalty award was crap. Looked to me like Robertson got ball first. Napoli was flopping all over the field. I hate that stuff. I did learn that the VAR is not there to necessarily get things right, just to make sure the call wasn't egregiously wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tough loss yesterday. I thought Napoli had the better of the play and slightly better chances. That said, I thought the penalty award was crap. Looked to me like Robertson got ball first. Napoli was flopping all over the field. I hate that stuff. I did learn that the VAR is not there to necessarily get things right, just to make sure the call wasn't egregiously wrong.
Yea, that was a penalty. Robertson didn't get the ball. One view looked like he might have, but the other 3-4 views you could see Callajon just barely tipped it.

Reaction Score
hope this L lights a fire under the boys and we react well at the bridge sunday & beyond. we created chances. not to worried about losing that one. losing @ Napoli worked fine last year ;)

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Yea, that was a penalty. Robertson didn't get the ball. One view looked like he might have, but the other 3-4 views you could see Callajon just barely tipped it.
It was difficult to see. I thought one of the first ones showed his toes on the ball, but subsequent views didn't. Standard fare for replays.
On a semi joking note, compared to what happened with Matip in the box this past weekend, this was a love tap and not worthy. Did you see that play at all? Pretty clear and again had me questioning what VAR is actually charged with doing.
With Aston Villa this weekend, good chance for Arsenal to try and separate from that 3rd place log jam. 6 teams with 8 pts and 4 more with 7. My brother is an Arsenal fan, so I pay a little attention to them.

Reaction Score
just over 48 hours to go, Redmen! Anfield awaits!

Allison
TAA Gomez VVD(c) Robbo
Ox Fab Gini
Mo Bobby Sadio

bet hendo does get the call but this would be my XI

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members