Liverpool! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

Reaction Score
They have that Coutinho $, so they may be able to keep the band together if they choose, right? And how about Mane? Guy is unreal

Reaction Score
They have that Coutinho $, so they may be able to keep the band together if they choose, right? And how about Mane? Guy is unreal

No way they keep both.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
No way they keep both.
They just locked up Firmino. Salah will make top dollar, but they will shed Sturridge who is on a large wage bill. They can afford Salah and he enjoys his football at Liverpool. What coach tweaks his system as much as Klopp to maximize potential? Salah also has a point to make to the Premier League but ultimately will wind up in La Liga - but not for a few years.

Mane has a decent contract - Liverpool is not a selling club- especially if they beat Real Madrid on the 26th. If anything, they are a destination with the fan base and Klopp and English Premier League.

Reaction Score
Spurs doesn't need help from Liverpool to finish ahead of Chelsea. Spurs needs to take care of business and finish ahead of Liverpool.

Kane looked better against Watford, but he still didn't look like Harry Kane. My guess is that the moment Spurs wraps up the Champions league slot, Kane gets to sit and recuperate for the World Cup.
I’m well aware Spurs control their destiny. Also well aware that Spurs are better than most at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... it’s the ‘old’ Spurs fan in me. They’ll be fine, but can always use help.

Reaction Score
I haven't been a Spurs fan long enough to feel the Red Sox -- like mentality. So while I sympathize, I'm just looking to win out, and failing that to get at least the 5 (in reality probably only 4) points needed to hold off Chelsea even if it wins out.

Reaction Score
any interest in a Hartford based Champions League Final viewing party?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not going to pretend that Salah leaving isn't possible but I'm not going spend one second worrying about it. My big concern is do I wear my Liverpool jersey with "Coutinho" on the back when watching the game. My first thought was no but a couple of fans I was talking to yesterday said I should wear it. The one reason they gave that got me thinking was that Coutinho is on Barca, the big rival.
cout (2).jpg

Reaction Score
They just locked up Firmino. Salah will make top dollar, but they will shed Sturridge who is on a large wage bill. They can afford Salah and he enjoys his football at Liverpool. What coach tweaks his system as much as Klopp to maximize potential? Salah also has a point to make to the Premier League but ultimately will wind up in La Liga - but not for a few years.

Mane has a decent contract - Liverpool is not a selling club- especially if they beat Real Madrid on the 26th. If anything, they are a destination with the fan base and Klopp and English Premier League.

Winning this year won’t put them on the same level with Real and Barca. They are a great team, but when those teams come calling players never seem to resist.

I’m not about to become a Liverpool fan but I hope they win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Winning this year won’t put them on the same level with Real and Barca. They are a great team, but when those teams come calling players never seem to resist.
I’m not about to become a Liverpool fan but I hope they win.

You should. Now's a good time to get on the bandwagon. Plus, Naiby Keita's coming next year. I've been watching a lot of Leipzig lately, he'll fit Liverpool like a glove.

Reaction Score
You should. Now's a good time to get on the bandwagon. Plus, Naiby Keita's coming next year. I've been watching a lot of Leipzig lately, he'll fit Liverpool like a glove.

I think Timo Werner will be a pretty big name after the World Cup too.

I have a complex about supporting the “big clubs”. But Liverpool and Dortmund are within the band of acceptability. I actually started admiring Dortmund when I was living in Germany. So I am kind of all over the place. But I haven’t grown an emotional attachment to any of the European teams. Sort of like cycling or Formula 1 I just like to enjoy the sport as whole.

Reaction Score
I haven't been a Spurs fan long enough to feel the Red Sox -- like mentality. So while I sympathize, I'm just looking to win out, and failing that to get at least the 5 (in reality probably only 4) points needed to hold off Chelsea even if it wins out.
Today is the best example of what i meant by Spurs are getting ‘Spursy’. Come on Liverpool.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Today is the best example of what i meant by Spurs are getting ‘Spursy’. Come on Liverpool.
Loved the result. This game was all that is good about the EPL. That a game between the 4th place team and the 20th mattered on the penultimate week of the season. And the game was riveting. And the 20th place team won!

Reaction Score
Loved the result. This game was all that is good about the EPL. That a game between the 4th place team and the 20th mattered on the penultimate week of the season. And the game was riveting. And the 20th place team won!
Dislike

Reaction Score
Ugh. Now it gets interesting. Should Chelsea (v Huddersfield) and Spurs (v Newcastle) both win mid-week, Spurs move to 3rd, Chelsea will be level w/ Liverpool on points (huge goal diff advantage for Liverpool)... but it puts Liverpool in a possible ‘must win’ situation in their finale v BHA, or they finish 5th (and will have to beat Real to get UCL).

Liverpool just needs to heat BHA and they’re fine.
Spurs need 4 points out of a possible 6 and they should be fine due to goal differential.
Chelsea needs a lot of help, but they’ve been enfuego as of late.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool just needs to heat BHA and they’re fine.

Winning against anyone is tough. I'm glad BHA is already in. I saw this coming a few weeks ago. Let's just hope for a mid-week tie then I can chill out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Watching the Huddersfield-Chelsea game was excruciating. I could barely stand it. Then 6 minutes added time? I got my midweek tie and yet I haven't chilled out.

Reaction Score
Big matches this weekend for Liverpool and Chelsea.

Quoting Ice Cube... “today was a good day”. :)
Spurs still not playing great, but got the crucial 3 points, and Huddersfield drawing at Stamford Bridge secures a top 4 finish at least, but now sitting in 3rd.

New stadium, Champions League football.... it’s time for Levy to loosen up the purse strings and sign top players. Time to start acting like a big boy club Tottenham.

Reaction Score
unrelated to OP but think some pieces of the Spurs engine start looking for greener pastures?

We'll see. I'm far less concerned about big bucks for new signings than I am raising the salary scale so that every important player on the team isn't underpaid. You can only get away with that for so long. Levy has done miraculously having it cost us only Kyle Walker before heading into the new stadium, but now it has to change.

I assume Toby and Rose will be gone, but while they were both great, key players earlier, neither one of them meant anything to Spurs this year and while we won't replace either at their peak we should more than replace what each gave us next year. Dembele may be gone because he seems to want out of having to play as hard as you do in the Barclays. He needs to be replaced. But I don't believe the rumors about anyone else at this point. I think they have one more year to win something before they have to worry about losing Kane and Ericson.

Reaction Score
Whoever expected a man with the name Mohammed Salah to tie the EPL record for most goals in a season? No one here even brings up a person tying such a record?
(Why am I not surprised?)

38 game record broken :)

32331923_1622755614503667_8345380099058565120_n.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that goal unleashes a productive Solanke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom