Live Streaming of WBCA ALL American Team 6:00 PM | The Boneyard

Live Streaming of WBCA ALL American Team 6:00 PM

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Started at 6:05. Carl had a tweet stating who on UConn made the team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kia did not make the All American Team. Hard to argue against those that were selected.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Loved Lou's punking Gabby's photo by getting into her photo.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown
Asia Durr
Sabrina Ionescu
Teaira McCowan
Kelsey Mitchell
Arike Ogunbowale
Katie Lou Samuelson
Victoria Vivians
Gabby Williams
A'ja Wilson - Wade Trophy winner

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As Expected A'ja Wilson won the Wade Trophy. She was the presumptive winner from the Beginning of the year by ESPN and others.

Reaction Score
I just think it’s odd that MS St. had the same number of AA’s as UConn....really!?!? Hahaha

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow, that sucks. Is their any other way available to get Kia up on that wall?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think Geno will say something about Kia being dished by the WBCA considering that she was their NDPOY and not making the top ten.

Reaction Score
Are we sure Kia was the one Geno nominated, though? Remember, you can only nominate 3. Pheesa averaged more Pts, Rbs, Ast, Stls, Blocks & has better FG percentage. If he nominated Kia, that’s his fault they only got 2 AA’s. Kia was never going to beat out any of those girls, Pheesa had an outside shot IMO.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm bummed for Kia but just shows that winning DPOY does not guarantee being on the AA team. She will always have a special place in our hearts and always be at the top of the list of "Greatest UCONN players not to be on the wall of honor"...

Reaction Score
Kia did not make the All American Team. Hard to argue against those that were selected.
I agree!
As has been discussed and well known here, these awards are heavily weighted to favor offensive contributions. Surely not fair in an ideal world, but ........
Kia did receive an amazing award and one given to just one player in the whole country, the NDPOY. And she's not a big, who roams the middle and alters shots and game plans. Also she's not Gabby, who took and continues to take defense, to pretty much unseen levels in the game of basketball. She's a guard who has accomplished this through incredibly hard work and never, ever letting up.
Yes many of us very much wanted her to be on the U Conn wall, but that is based upon rules created here.
She is and always will be an integral part of U Conn women's basketball history and hopefully after this weekend she will have played (and we are talking very meaningful minutes) in four FF's and won three. How many others can make that claim?
Thanks Kia for a truly outstanding four years, and as importantly bringing all you have off the court as well. Your leadership, your presence and grace throughout surely shouldn't go unmentioned!
Thanks again to an all time great Husky!!!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I just think it’s odd that MS St. had the same number of AA’s as UConn....really!?!? Hahaha
Why one loss in a tough conference thetly have to have talent to do that

Reaction Score
Why one loss in a tough conference thetly have to have talent to do that
That conference is wildly overrated. Look at what those teams did in the tournament outside of S. Carolina & Ms St. Their 1 loss is to a team that UConn beat by 30....twice.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

I like getting to see them all lined up like that at 5:52. Really puts in perspective just how big Brown and McCowan, and even Wilson, are. Look at their shoulders compared to the other women!

Really a great group of players.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As Expected A'ja Wilson won the Wade Trophy. She was the presumptive winner from the Beginning of the year by ESPN and others.
How true! But she's not playing in Columbus this weekend. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seeing Gabby Williams next to A'ja really puts everything in perspective how good she is. For her to guard players that tall and be successful really says something about her Athleticism. Whew!

Reaction Score
I do think Collier had as much of an argument for being on the team as McGowan. Both are great players and had strong reasons to be selected. Gustafson (sp) also is very deserving of the team. Unfortunately there is a cut off and there will almost always be 2 or 3 players who are equally deserving based on statistics.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jose Fernandez the Chair of the WBCA All American Committee tweeted that there is no longer a limit on the number of players a team can nominate. Five UConn players made the Regional Finalist list that the committee uses to select the All American Team and Honorable Mentions.

Are we sure Kia was the one Geno nominated, though? Remember, you can only nominate 3. Pheesa averaged more Pts, Rbs, Ast, Stls, Blocks & has better FG percentage. If he nominated Kia, that’s his fault they only got 2 AA’s. Kia was never going to beat out any of those girls, Pheesa had an outside shot IMO.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder if the NOPOY (i.e., Wade Trophy winner???) has not made their AA team????? Thought so. Offense Rules. They should make it a rule that the NDPOY is on the AA Team, even if it means adding an 11th kid. What is the difference between a 10 person basketball team and a 11 person basketball team?????
(Yes, I am bitter and disappointed!!!)

Reaction Score
Jose Fernandez the Chair of the WBCA All American Committee tweeted that there is no longer a limit on the number of players a team can nominate. Five UConn players made the Regional Finalist list that the committee uses to select the All American Team and Honorable Mentions.
Thank you for clarifying for those like me that aren’t good at paying attention.

Reaction Score
Another head scratcher is whoever wins the Katrina McClain Award (best PF) won’t be an AA. How does that make sense?? It’s even selected by the same committee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom