Live Streaming of WBCA ALL American Team 6:00 PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live Streaming of WBCA ALL American Team 6:00 PM

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Has UConn ever before had a player who won national DPOY but was not named an All-American?

Reaction Score
UConn website has an interesting view of Nurse's award. Read the fifth paragraph!
Samuelson, Williams Tabbed WBCA All-Americans

That's interesting. Kind of odd that you can be touted as the best at something important and integral to the game of basketball and not be considered an AA. I can't argue with the names on the list...they're all deserving....but obviously Kia is thought to play defense better than all of them. I know Gabby fans may disagree but I would minimally put Kia and Gabby at the same level in terms of maximizing the abilities each has. So, after reading this article, is Kia technically an AA or is the reference really meant to acknowledge her Honorable Mention status? The other question is, would the combination of NDPOY and Honorable Mention AA status be adequate for Wall consideration. The bottom line is, UCONN makes the rules. Geno et al have the power to follow, bend, or break them. I guess we'll see. And for those of you who don't think she deserves a place on the Wall alongside her teammates who are or will be there (e.g., Brianna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, MoJeff, Gabby Williams, KLS, Napheesa Collier, and eventually Azura Stevens, and Crystal Dangerfield) you can go jump in a lake or something less dignified. There would always be a name missing....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom