Live Period Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Live Period Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Safe to assume he's watching Tshiebwe as well.
Hunter is watching his game, but i don’t believe UConn is recruiting him.

Tshiebwe is an absolute animal. No clue how he isn’t ranked higher and how more teams aren’t on him. Maybe it’s because he’s considered a big WVU lean.

An injury shortened his spring a bit, but in 5 Adidas games he averaged 20/11/1 with 2.6 BPG, 1.2 SPG, all while shooting 64% from the field. He’s going to be a beast in college.

Side note: We’ll see how his class ends up, but Capel’s summer seems like he’s taking a page out of Ollie’s book. He’s watching all these big dogs with whom he has little to no shot with. Granted he has landed a couple 4 year guards and gotten them to reclassify.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hunter is watching his game, but i don’t believe UConn is recruiting him.

Tshiebwe is an absolute animal. No clue how he isn’t ranked higher and how more teams aren’t on him. Maybe it’s because he’s considered a big WVU lean.

An injury shortened his spring a bit, but in 5 Adidas games he averaged 20/11/1 with 2.6 BPG, 1.2 SPG, all while shooting 64% from the field. He’s going to be a beast in college.

Side note: We’ll see how his class ends up, but Capel’s summer seems like he’s taking a page out of Ollie’s book. He’s watching all these big dogs with whom he has little to no shot with. Granted he has landed a couple 4 year guards and gotten them to reclassify.

I would prefer 2 years with Tshiebwe than 1 year with Idegon or Cockburn. Hearing Akok has been looking good recently too, he would be a great get for us as well.

Reaction Score
I would prefer 2 years with Tshiebwe than 1 year with Idegon or Cockburn. Hearing Akok has been looking good recently too, he would be a great get for us as well.

You think cockburn is one and done material? Or is that just his goal whether hes good enough or not.

UconnU

Reaction Score
You think cockburn is one and done material? Or is that just his goal whether hes good enough or not.
Yea he's a one and done. Barring injury or really poor play. Just based on his size someone will take him in the draft.

Reaction Score
Yea he's a one and done. Barring injury or really poor play. Just based on his size someone will take him in the draft.

True. Cant teach size.

He needs a lot of refinement. Right now hes getting by with being gigantic and overpowering dudes. His moves are really mechanical and off balance.

A non-shotblocking threat, with no shot, that isn't much of a lob threat on the PnR will have a tough time in the league these days.

Give him a 3 pt shot and a good strength and conditioning program, and there's a different story.

I bet he goes late first round.

Edit: to his credit hes improving rapidly. Developing a jump hook and decent drop step.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
51 points is okay, I guess, but did you know that Denham Brown once scored 111 points in a single game?
Get outta here. We should recruit that guy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
KC should eat college bigs, wouldn't be surprised if he's one and done.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt KC is a one and done. Not polished enough offensively, and uses his size to score in EYBL.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can anyone post a list of targets on each team our staff watches frequently?

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score

Probably not relevant to the good guys, but interesting nonetheless.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Can anyone post a list of targets on each team our staff watches frequently?

Precious Achiewa, Kofi Cockburn, Rocket Watts, Jaiden Delaire, Tre Mitchell, and Jalen Gaffney seem to be who we have watched the most so far and have been prioritized.

The group that we’ve watched second most and have extended offers too as well includes Akok Akok, Max Lorca Loyd, Anthony Harris, Quadus Wahab, and Lester Quiones.

We’ve watched a few others as well but the one to keep an eye on is James Bouknight who we have not offered officially but has been watched multiple times by the staff and we are in desperate need of guards in this class.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Precious Achiewa, Kofi Cockburn, Rocket Watts, Jaiden Delaire, Tre Mitchell, and Jalen Gaffney seem to be who we have watched the most so far and have been prioritized.

The group that we’ve watched second most and have extended offers too as well includes Akok Akok, Max Lorca Loyd, Anthony Harris, Quadus Wahab, and Lester Quiones.

We’ve watched a few others as well but the one to keep an eye on is James Bouknight who we have not offered officially but has been watched multiple times by the staff and we are in desperate need of guards in this class.
Meant players on each AAU team, since lots of people tweet "Coach X is now watching team X." But thanks for the effort.

Reaction Score
If Udoka Azubuike isn’t in the NBA after two years, it’s far from a guarantee Cockburn will be. Kofi is a great player and talent, but he isn’t as dominant as Azubuike was. Cockburn is clearly working on his ball/finesse skills though, which is smart because traditional big men like these just aren’t what the NBA wants anymore.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If Udoka Azubuike isn’t in the NBA after two years, it’s far from a guarantee Cockburn will be. Kofi is a great player and talent, but he isn’t as dominant as Azubuike was. Cockburn is clearly working on his ball/finesse skills though, which is smart because traditional big men like these just aren’t what the NBA wants anymore.
The NBA is a much better developmental league than they were even 10 years ago. Some one will draft a 6'11 280 pound monster and if you're going to get drafted you leave school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom