Live Period Thread | The Boneyard

Live Period Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The coverage of these events always makes me laugh.

"X, Y, Z coaches are on hand to watch Prospect A who happens to have a list that includes school X, Y, and Z!"

I'm thoroughly shocked the coaches are watching players that they've been recruiting for months. Really ground breaking stuff coming out from the recruiting guys.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
51 points is okay, I guess, but did you know that Denham Brown once scored 111 points in a single game?
[those times when I have to scroll down through all Replies to see if this reference has been made before I write something superfluously similar]

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

"X, Y, Z coaches are on hand to watch Prospect A who happens to have a list that includes school X, Y, and Z!"

I'm thoroughly shocked the coaches are watching players that they've been recruiting for months. Really ground breaking stuff coming out from the recruiting guys.

What else are they going to say? They have jobs to do as well

Reaction Score

If coaches are serious about recruiting a player they damn well better show up at his games because all the other coaches recruiting him will be there. This is the way recruiting works.

Reaction Score
If coaches are serious about recruiting a player they damn well better show up at his games because all the other coaches recruiting him will be there. This is the way recruiting works.
We agreed to stop talking about him...

Reaction Score
After I posted, Bouknight was out of the game for several minutes down the stretch. Then in the last 2 minutes it seemed they went offense defense when the opponent was behind and fouling. So many highlights of his blocks have been posted, I was surprised he was not on the court for the defensive stops. Lorca-Lloyd and Springs don't 'wow' me. Lorca-Lloyd did try and box out, but is not a strong body, think Whaley. Lloyd fouled a 3 pt shooter poorly and generally looked very very average. Springs looked comfortable at the foul line but also made no impression. Tyson Etiene is a guard on the team #1 that made shots and played hard, (very Vital like). Cole Anthony obviously is a serious talent. He repeatedly beat people to loose balls besides getting where he wanted to go. Didn't see him show an outside game. I don't know if that is a weakness he avoids or if he just didn't need it with his teammates hitting from deep. I had wanted to see the Cockburn/Mitchell matchup but this is the only game I found. Do they stream them all or just a few?

Reaction Score
After I posted, Bouknight was out of the game for several minutes down the stretch. Then in the last 2 minutes it seemed they went offense defense when the opponent was behind and fouling. So many highlights of his blocks have been posted, I was surprised he was not on the court for the defensive stops. Lorca-Lloyd and Springs don't 'wow' me. Lorca-Lloyd did try and box out, but is not a strong body, think Whaley. Lloyd fouled a 3 pt shooter poorly and generally looked very very average. Springs looked comfortable at the foul line but also made no impression. Tyson Etiene is a guard on the team #1 that made shots and played hard, (very Vital like). Cole Anthony obviously is a serious talent. He repeatedly beat people to loose balls besides getting where he wanted to go. Didn't see him show an outside game. I don't know if that is a weakness he avoids or if he just didn't need it with his teammates hitting from deep. I had wanted to see the Cockburn/Mitchell matchup but this is the only game I found. Do they stream them all or just a few?
Feel bad for Etienne. Was fairly highly ranked and had an absolutely horrendous AAU season. Played well at Pangos though, and looked much better yesterday. Hope he still ends up at a high major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom