Live ball turnovers | The Boneyard

Live ball turnovers

Reaction Score
We played, mostly, with four guards and turned it over 18 times. Vital 5, Bouk, 3, Gaff 3, Adams, 3.

The worst part is the live ball TOs led to numerous run outs and layups for Temple. Dumb cross court passes that were intercepted and run the other way. Even with all our dumb back court fouls. Even with our terrible guard shooting. Even with Carlton knocking himself out of the game in two minutes. We could still have won if we just didn't throw the ball away again and again in live ball situations.

Reaction Score
I've got that Adams pass where he tried to kick it ahead but didn't see the very obvious defender burned into my retina.

AG getting the ball stripped at the top of the key while under basically no pressure was another bad live ball one.

Reaction Score
We played, mostly, with four guards and turned it over 18 times. Vital 5, Bouk, 3, Gaff 3, Adams, 3.

The worst part is the live ball TOs led to numerous run outs and layups for Temple. Dumb cross court passes that were intercepted and run the other way. Even with all our dumb back court fouls. Even with our terrible guard shooting. Even with Carlton knocking himself out of the game in two minutes. We could still have won if we just didn't throw the ball away again and again in live ball situations.
and that's is why we lost. However, they don't give up. Love the grit and determination. Not bad for only having 8 players with 2 freshman maturing right in front of our eyes. The near future is ever so promising.

Reaction Score
I've got that Adams pass where he tried to kick it ahead but didn't see the very obvious defender burned into my retina.

AG getting the ball stripped at the top of the key while under basically no pressure was another bad live ball one.

I’m going to raise you a Rose dribble off his foot out of bounds and a Moore (I think) unforced travel in the 2OT. Temple had some cringers too throughout the game.

At least Gaff balanced his pass into the backcourt and pass to the back of one of our players legs with 9 assists.

Lots of dumb slop everywhere tonight!

Reaction Score
Honestly 18 turnovers in a 2OT game isn't the worst. We've had much worse this year. But it's still an area of improvement for the team.

Reaction Score
Honestly 18 turnovers in a 2OT game isn't the worst. We've had much worse this year. But it's still an area of improvement for the team.
Freshmen mistakes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just to pile on, Gaff made some mistakes but he's a frosh and he's shown he can get it done. I'm okay with him going forward.

AG turning it over with no pressure hurts my life expectancy.

Reaction Score
Just to pile on, Gaff made some mistakes but he's a frosh and he's shown he can get it done. I'm okay with him going forward.

And taking 10 shots too.

Reaction Score

Those were both tough.

Reaction Score

Gaff has what, 9 assists?? And a couple good takes. Needs to tighten his handle just a bit (his behind the dribble is like a 6th grader), but he is getting better before our eyes. If RJ is half as good as advertised, bsckourt becomes a huge asset next year.

Reaction Score
Adams was awful saw too many minutes in the OT's from my point of view. Didn't fight through a pick to get to the shooter once who drilled an open 3. Wasn't even a fight per se it was the fact he wasn't in position to guard the guy. He also dribbled left one time right into a double team in which Temple took it away, there was no where to go. But we see everyone talk about the one time AG lost his dribble on a crossover at the top of the key, let's not forget that one. LOL some things never change.

Reaction Score
But we see everyone talk about the one time AG lost his dribble on a crossover at the top of the key, let's not forget that one. LOL some things never change.
Its nauseating. The kid's role has been seriously diminished, yet he still has to be made the goat for every loss. Despite all the bad play and mistakes by others, it comes down to AG's 1 to and 1 bad pass. His confidence has taken a big hit, but we still need him. They just won't let it be. Like the bad alley-oop play. What about the fact that he scored and then stole the ball right before and we still scored that possession? Btw, perhaps he thought Gaff was Bouk on that alley-oop pass? I often confuse the two. Bouk flushes it, Gaff should not be given it up high.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams was awful saw too many minutes in the OT's from my point of view. Didn't fight through a pick to get to the shooter once who drilled an open 3. Wasn't even a fight per se it was the fact he wasn't in position to guard the guy. He also dribbled left one time right into a double team in which Temple took it away, there was no where to go. But we see everyone talk about the one time AG lost his dribble on a crossover at the top of the key, let's not forget that one. LOL some things never change.
Ag has that great strip on defense a few moments later but then that alley oop thing happened.

Reaction Score

The AG TO was disgusting.

Reaction Score
Its nauseating. The kid's role has been seriously diminished, yet he still has to be made the goat for every loss. Despite all the bad play and mistakes by others, it comes down to AG's 1 to and 1 bad pass. His confidence has taken a big hit, but we still need him. They just won't let it be. Like the bad alley-oop play. What about the fact that he scored and then stole the ball right before and we still scored that possession? Btw, perhaps he thought Gaff was Bouk on that alley-oop pass? I often confuse the two. Bouk flushes it, Gaff should not be given it up high.

Yeah I'd have to see it again but thought it was still a lay in for Gaff. Nonetheless both Adams and Gaff's defense in the OT weren't very good. Not saying AG should have been in for Gaff but Adams was awful. Give me Carlton, Wilson (who was awful too) or AG please. Brendan just had zero happening and he somehow things he has a green light because he makes a shot, please take that away there's not a lot of good decisions on his part all that often.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'd have to see it again but thought it was still a lay in for Gaff. Nonetheless both Adams and Gaff's defense in the OT weren't very good. Not saying AG should have been in for Gaff but Adams was awful. Give me Carlton, Wilson (who was awful too) or AG please. Brendan just had zero happening and he somehow things he has a green light because he makes a shot, please take that away there's not a lot of good decisions on his part all that often.
Adams had a tough, tough night. Bouk was uninspired the first 30 mins and struggled on D. Thought Sid could've played more down the stretch with everyone else exhausted, but he got anchored to the bench after that stupid 3rd foul. CV was great in the first, but went missing in the 2nd. Gaff is playing better, but still panics on the road. That backcourt double dribble and the backcourt pass were brutal. AG had a couple bad plays. Josh with the stupid fouls and missed chippie. There was plenty of blame to spread around, but whaley was amazing. Kids still played their hearts out, just couldn't get it to go their way yet again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams had a tough, tough night. Bouk was uninspired the first 30 mins and struggled on D. Thought Sid could've played more down the stretch with everyone else exhausted, but he got anchored to the bench after that terrible 3rd foul. CV was great in the first, but went missing in the 2nd. Gaff is playing better, but still panics on the road. That backcourt double dribble and the backcourt pass were brutal. AG had a couple bad plays. Josh with the stupid fouls and missed chippie. There was plenty of blame to spread around, but whaley was amazing. Kids still played their hearts out, just couldn't get it to go their way yet again.
With 8 guys you’re so limited with who actually plays. JC and Especially SW were really ineffective in that game. Not sure I’d trust SW playing big minutes at the end of the game, he’s sort of a wild card. He flashes potential, but when it comes to making a simple play or doing the little things, he doesn’t seem to be able to do that right. They played hard, but I still think this team moving forward needs an alpha whose going to help control them down the stretch. They continue to be plagued with bad turnovers at the worst times. Kids need to realize a live ball turnover on our end normally will lead to points on the other. 4-6 point swings when they happens.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I listened to this week's coaches show with Hurley, and he pretty much blatantly stated that Sid and AG need to show him more in practice, but that everyone else is buying in and doing all the little things needed to grow the program. That really surprised me; we've heard this stuff from Sid for 2 years now, but Alterique is a senior point guard. I think right or wrong Hurley is going to stick with his guys that are doing what he wants in practice even if they're struggling on game day (which Adams clearly was).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gaff has what, 9 assists?? And a couple good takes. Needs to tighten his handle just a bit (his behind the dribble is like a 6th grader), but he is getting better before our eyes. If RJ is half as good as advertised, bsckourt becomes a huge asset next year.

I think there were three separate times where Gaffney penetrated into the paint and jumped without knowing what he wanted to do with the ball. A couple of times he was able to get the ball to someone on our team but obviously he needs to clean that up.

Reaction Score

That was AG's single TO. He wasn't the problem.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't say it was a well played game by the Huskies. Can't fault the effort though. Still frustrating because you know they could have easily won that game.
Not to mention a desperation off balance three to tie it under a minute to go.

Reaction Score
Gaffney had 12 points, 9 assists, and 3 turnovers. For a freshman, what more can we ask of him. That turnover where he threw the ball back court was a freshman/fatigue mistake. There will be a big time jump from him this season to next season and that includes knocking down those threes. I love how the kid drives in and finishes most of his contested layups, or gets to the line to sink FT's

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom