Liv vs Cox | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Liv vs Cox

Reaction Score
Lots of doubt in my mind. Good player? Absolutely. 2nd team AA? Yup. 1st team All-American? No way. Not based on her numbers.
If you only use numbers, then only mid-major players will be on your list.

Reaction Score
What are you using instead? How many times did you watch Cox play this season?
Since there is little else to do, I'll bite. Is there anyone out there that believes one of my favorite players, ONO, had a better season than Cox? The question is not a math exercise - who among you felt ONO played better this past season than Cox?

Reaction Score
Since there is little else to do, I'll bite. Is there anyone out there that believes one of my favorite players, ONO, had a better season than Cox? The question is not a math exercise - who among you felt ONO played better this past season than Cox?
Didn’t Cox Completely Lock down ONO???? Plus ONO’s IQ and passing is no where near the level of cox.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Didn’t Cox Completely Lock down ONO???? Plus ONO’s IQ and passing is no where near the level of cox.

ONO's passing is very near Cox' level. She had a chance to end up with more assists than any UConn center save for Lobo--assuming one considers her a center--without the season interruption. She had a better assist rate than Cox did as a sophomore.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I only saw Cox play a couple of times which I'm guessing is about the average for non-Baylor fans. I think what's happening here is that the expectations put on UConn players, especially highly touted ones, are so high that if they aren't POY candidates it feels like they've struggled. ONO's numbers are better than Cox' in most categories on a per-minute basis. But UConn fans watched ONO, saw her ups and downs, hoped for consistent brilliance, didn't get it, and view her season through that prism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only saw Cox play a couple of times which I'm guessing is about the average for non-Baylor fans. I think what's happening here is that the expectations put on UConn players, especially highly touted ones, are so high that if they aren't POY candidates it feels like they've struggled. ONO's numbers are better than Cox' in most categories on a per-minute basis. But UConn fans watched ONO, saw her ups and downs, hoped for consistent brilliance, didn't get it, and view her season through that prism.

It’s interesting when people wanna talk “numbers”, and then want to ignore the head-to-head numbers.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It’s interesting when people wanna talk “numbers”, and then want to ignore the head-to-head numbers.

I assume you are referring to me. Cox was much better in that game of course, but not sure one game makes a season, however. Walker was 5-20 in that game and struggled against the four toughest defenses she saw this year, yet she was still put on the 1st team.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Agreed. By that logic, I might go start a 2018 Natalie Butler vs. A'ja Wilson for POY thread.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Very serious. Watch her play sometime.

One of the better passing centers you're apt to see.

Reaction Score
Liv improved quite a bit as the season progressed in her passing. I think the Baylor game was her low point for her offensively. Geno benched for the later part of the game. The reason UConn defense was considered good was because of effort with on ball defense and Liv in the middle if anybody got beat. Cox and Boston got most of there points on Liv from the outside. Hebard scored most of her points off the roll. Liv my not be better at this point of her career than Cox but in two yrs from now if she keeps working hard she will be a far superior player to where Cox is now as a senior. She will be Bill Russell like for UConn as the new pony express hits town next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom