Liv on the 10-person Leslie Ward list | The Boneyard

Liv on the 10-person Leslie Ward list

Reaction Score
The mid-season watch list for the Lisa Leslie award has been narrowed to 10, and ONO is among the final 10. Pretty good for someone who gets mixed reviews on this board.
Queen EgboBaylor
Olivia Nelson-OdodaConnecticut
Kristin ScottIowa State
Beatrice MompremierMiami
Elissa CunaneNC State
Janelle BaileyNorth Carolina
Ae'Rianna HarrisPurdue
Aliyah BostonSouth Carolina
Charli CollierTexas
Brittany BrewerTexas Tech

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So...there are no centers in the Pac 12 apparently. They better be all over the list for PF then.

Give the rest of the country our crumbs. :oops:

Reaction Score
So...there are no centers in the Pac 12 apparently. They better be all over the list for PF then.

is Ruthie H considered a center or forward? I've always viewed her a center....................

Reaction Score
How many games has mompremier missed should she be on this list

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
is Ruthie H considered a center or forward? I've always viewed her a center....................

This gets into the problem of what position to consider players for in these awards. Hebard projects as a 4 in the WNBA I would think but has pretty much played the 5 for UO her entire career. Or maybe they don't really have a 5, they have a 4 and two 3/4 hybrids, or who knows what.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
At the slight risk of going on a tangent, Hebard and Reese (Arizona) are on the PF list and Sabally and Onyenwere are on the SF list. Again w/ what position do they actually play vs. what they will probably play as a pro, but oh well.

Reaction Score
At the slight risk of going on a tangent, Hebard and Reese (Arizona) are on the PF list and Sabally and Onyenwere are on the SF list. Again w/ what position do they actually play vs. what they will probably play as a pro, but oh well.

call me old fashioned but I view a big as someone who does most of her damage from inside the paint as a center................perhaps she should have been on that list

Reaction Score
After watching a lot of UConn games over the break, Olivia looks about 6’6 instead of 6’4-6’5. She looks very long.

Reaction Score

Hebard played the 4 as a freshman. McGuire was the center. I thought Hebard would have been a better pf. Even as a freshman her size and quickness dominated most opponent 4's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The mid-season watch list for the Lisa Leslie award has been narrowed to 10, and ONO is among the final 10. Pretty good for someone who gets mixed reviews on this board.
Queen EgboBaylor
Olivia Nelson-OdodaConnecticut
Kristin ScottIowa State
Beatrice MompremierMiami
Elissa CunaneNC State
Janelle BaileyNorth Carolina
Ae'Rianna HarrisPurdue
Aliyah BostonSouth Carolina
Charli CollierTexas
Brittany BrewerTexas Tech

These next two years is when ONO will shine bright and put it all together. We’re going to watch a mature no non sense 20 year old play the best basketball of her college career. I look for her to make a "junior" leap similar to that of Megan Walker. She’ll have lots of quality help around her, so she won't be expected to do all of the heavy lifting. So it is said, so it shall be done. :cool:

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
These next two years is when ONO will shine bright and put it all together. We’re going to watch a mature no non sense 20 year play the best basketball of her college career. She’ll have lots of quality help around her. So it is said. So it shall be done. :cool:
I hope while in isolation she has developed an additional 2 or 3 moves off of her one and only offensive move. She makes defending her rather easy. I just rewatched the So. Carolia game. Aaliyah Edwards must develop quickly. UCONN will need her pro level body leaning on Boston. Wow, that was a hard game to watch. UCONN may have had two national high school players on the court but Dawn had more talent on the floor.

Reaction Score
Barring injury, no way Boston doesn't win this.

I don't agree.

If UCONN is better than South Carolina-- and beat SC while ONO plays better head-to-head- who will be getting most of UCONN's inside points? ONO's fg% might be awesome and who will be the leading rebounder for UCONN?

None of the above can happen?

Not saying ONO will beat her out just disagreeing with "no way."

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Boston is good but I don't think she is as good as so many are making her out to be. If she develops a mid range game consistently she will be very good. Why is it that some UConn posters complain about ONO not having a mid range game but pump up Boston who also does not have one, and I mean an outside game similar to C. Collier's?

Reaction Score
Ono is going to be a lot more productive this season if for no other reason than she will have players around her to help in the rebounding department (both offensive and defensive.) I would like to see her bulk up but every action has a reaction and putting on too much weight could affect her mobility.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Boston is good but I don't think she is as good as so many are making her out to be. If she develops a mid range game consistently she will be very good. Why is it that some UConn posters complain about ONO not having a mid range game but pump up Boston who also does not have one, and I mean an outside game similar to C. Collier's?
Ono appeared to have developed a mid range later in the season, was it because of the help from Jamelle?

Reaction Score
Why do I feel like Mompremier has been an active player for like 8 years by this point?

Reaction Score
Barring injury, no way Boston doesn't win this.
This is an old thread because Boston has won this award already. Next years list has not come out yet. Mompremier has already graduated. You'll got me thinking I am in the twilight zone.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope while in isolation she has developed an additional 2 or 3 moves off of her one and only offensive move. She makes defending her rather easy. I just rewatched the So. Carolia game. Aaliyah Edwards must develop quickly. UCONN will need her pro level body leaning on Boston. Wow, that was a hard game to watch. UCONN may have had two national high school players on the court but Dawn had more talent on the floor.

Agreed. She should have at least 3 moves she can execute from BOTH sides of the basket. It's a poor mouse that only has one hole to crawl into. :D She MUST show all 3 moves to her defender EARLY in the game, so that the defender realizes they must position themselves (and be ready to defend) for all 3 possible moves. You're right. It's easy to guard a post player that only has one move (or one that is stationary).

The first thing you do is beat them to the spot where they like to set up to receive the entry pass. Make them receive and shoot the ball from a spot on the floor they're not use to or comfortable with. I'd like to see her develop an UP and UNDER move similar to that of Nneka Ogwumike. Just one of her moves in the paint then she has perfected.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom