LIv NIL deal with Fabletics | The Boneyard

LIv NIL deal with Fabletics

Reaction Score
What are these deals actually worth beyond the free products (food or athletic clothing)? The whole point of NIL was for the athletes to make money. Azzi's deal is free food and offering customers the ability to round up their bills to donate the change to a charity. How much is Liv getting paid?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What are these deals actually worth beyond the free products (food or athletic clothing)? The whole point of NIL was for the athletes to make money. Azzi's deal is free food and offering customers the ability to round up their bills to donate the change to a charity. How much is Liv getting paid?
I doubt that Azzi or Liv will disclose what they are being paid. But rest assured they are being paid.

Liv’s deal with a sportswear company is interesting. If you look at Liv’s Instagram page, it’s not much of a stretch to see a part time modeling career in her future, similar to Lisa Leslie.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
THANK YOU.
(Not feeling good about this)
NIL is now a part of college sports. While some folks may not be crazy about it, I really don’t have a problem with college athletes having the opportunity to make a buck, particularly when top coaches and schools are making millions off student athletes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s a new day in college athletics. We’re going to read about many other athletes from UConn and other programs that have signed NIL endorsement contracts. I’m not going to question or scrutinize any of them. I will congratulate every one of them and wish them all the best.

Reaction Score
Already seeing the demise of some athletes that were on the 1st day Nil was allowed to be profitable.

Graham Mertz being booed out of Soldier field by his fanbase after throwing 3 garbage picks.

Bo Nix has been BENCHED for a transfer out of LSU.

Those were 2 of the biggest names to sign Nil deals the day it became official. Again it's great when you are on top of the world, but when you're not ppl will always use Nil as the reason why you are not doing well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Already seeing the demise of some athletes that were on the 1st day Nil was allowed to be profitable.

Graham Mertz being booed out of Soldier field by his fanbase after throwing 3 garbage picks.

Those were 2 of the biggest names to sign Nil deals the day it became official. Again it's great when you are on top of the world, but when you're not ppl will always use Nil as the reason why you are not doing well.
I’m not sure I see the connection between NIL and the disappointing play of Mertz & Nix at Wisconsin & Auburn, two extremely passionate football schools.

The fans didn’t boo the QB’s because they signed NIL deals. They booed Mertz & Nix because they let down the Badgers & Tigers respectively.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure I see the connection between NIL and the disappointing play of Mertz & Nix at Wisconsin & Auburn, two extremely passionate football schools.

The fans didn’t boo the QB’s because they signed NIL deals. They booed Mertz & Nix because they let down the Badgers & Tigers respectively.
I never said they booed them because of Nil, I said when their play is bad people are going to point out that their distractions of Nil is causing their play to be bad. Because they feel the players are thinking more about their social media content than their play.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I never said they booed them because of Nil, I said when their play is bad people are going to point out that their distractions of Nil is causing their play to be bad. Because they feel the players are thinking more about their social media content than their play.
That’s a stretch, and you did reference Mertz being, “booed out of Soldier Field,” implying that NIL had something to do with the fan reaction. The fans at Wisconsin & Auburn are not very different from some of the fans of UConn WBB here on the BY who will thoroughly criticize players for any perceived underperformance.

If Paige leads the Huskies to several national championships, no one is going to care about her NIL deals. If she doesn’t, some folks will criticize her irregardless of her NIL deals. That’s just human nature.

Reaction Score
When the fans begin chanting "N-I-L, N-I-L, N-I-L" at games then maybe you'll have a point.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If it doesn't interfere with their ability to play UConns game, concentration, and most important, non interference from outside forces, I don't care what they do with the NIL. Good luck to all of them to get what they can, but not at the expense of why they came here.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That old adage applies here:”be careful of what you ask for.” That is a possible consequence that athletes who sign NIL contracts should be aware of before hand, and may have to deal with if their play declines afterwards. This appears to be one of the potential negatives of signing NIL deals. Welcome to the real world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If it doesn't interfere with their ability to play UConns game, concentration, and most important, non interference from outside forces, I don't care what they do with the NIL. Good luck to all of them to get what they can, but not at the expense of why they came here.
I guess as long as an athlete considers NIL ‘passive’ income and doesn’t take their focus off of their STUDIES, followed by the sport that is funding their education/future.
We’ll see how this pans out but there are many potential pitfalls.

Reaction Score
I guess as long as an athlete considers NIL ‘passive’ income and doesn’t take their focus off of their STUDIES, followed by the sport that is funding their education/future.
We’ll see how this pans out but there are many potential pitfalls.
Studies? LOL. I'll bet Paige spends more time in the gym working on her shot than she does a classroom. She ain't here to play school.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To some who appear to object to NIL as a potential distraction. Geno has described it as a “summer job” For Geno, myself and thousands of others who played college sports, we worked full time during the summer, part time during the school year and somehow managed to both play sports and earn a degree.

If anything, NIL requires far less time then waiting tables at a local restaurant or stuffing promotional material into envelopes for the Admissions Dept.

Reaction Score
That’s a stretch, and you did reference Mertz being, “booed out of Soldier Field,” implying that NIL had something to do with the fan reaction. The fans at Wisconsin & Auburn are not very different from some of the fans of UConn WBB here on the BY who will thoroughly criticize players for any perceived underperformance.

If Paige leads the Huskies to several national championships, no one is going to care about her NIL deals. If she doesn’t, some folks will criticize her irregardless of her NIL deals. That’s just human nature.
you're right but it does bring up any interesting point about additional pressures put on every player that signs these deals.........are these contracts covering their entire college career or only year by year? What if they have a poor season? Are they going to be dropped and what impact will that have on their game? This is a very different kind of pressure for an 18+ student......

Reaction Score
you're right but it does bring up any interesting point about additional pressures put on every player that signs these deals.........are these contracts covering their entire college career or only year by year? What if tjey have a poor season? Are they going to be dropped and what impact will that have on their game? This is a very different kind of pressure for an 18+ student......
Well Azzi's deal gives her free food for life, so that's definitely not year to year. I was wondering if some players would press more knowing real dollars and cents were on the line. The pressure is different. Before NIL you were just losing a game or having an off day. Now you're potentially losing your income. As someone said above, "welcome to the real world."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom