LIU Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LIU Scouting Report

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If we played our walk ons the whole game, would it still be a win? What would be the final score?
No. But we could sit the starting 5 and win most likely.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If UConn is up by 30 in the 2nd half and DH insists on playing AS, Hawk and DC, I won't believe it but that is his MO the past two years
He needs to get Springs, Alleyne and Diara some serious burn in this game. Newton could also rediscover his game.
No need to risk an injury to the top players.

Reaction Score
This is what’s known as a tune up game. Work on offenseive sets, try out some different defensive options, and try some different player combos and see how they work together.

Totally. I would like to see Alleyne get some extra run. Want to see his shooting get back to normal. And maybe try Adama and Don out together for a bit. Probably not a viable combo most of the time but worth trying. I also hope Springs gets decent minutes too.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Totally. I would like to see Alleyne get some extra run. Want to see his shooting get back to normal. And maybe try Adama and Don out together for a bit. Probably not a viable combo most of the time but worth trying. I also hope Springs gets decent minutes too.
I’d like to see a 1-3-1 trap, some pressure man funneling and trapping in the corners, and some 5 out sets with no post for a short stretch.

Reaction Score
Nahiem reportedly has a bit of a hamstring issue, so he might not get the run some would like to see.

I like the “don’t out talent them” take. That’s the easy way, and this team has too many aspirations to do that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’d like to see a 1-3-1 trap, some pressure man funneling and trapping in the corners, and some 5 out sets with no post for a short stretch.
Always with the serious answers. Yes. See what some guys can do. Experiment on D. If Johnson was back, I’d like to see that 2-3 zone from game one. Maybe try it without him.

Reaction Score
This would finally be time for Springs and the two new internationals to get some run.
Sure, but I think this game is the perfect situation to get Alleyne back on the right track. It would be great to get him back in form. Also, Springs needs to get some minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd be much more concerned about using the game to get Alleyne and Diarra out of their shooting slumps.
Unfortunately I don’t think Diarra’s in a shooting slump.

If he played 40 mpg for the rest of the season I suspect we’d see the same FG %. The one thing he (and Newton) can use this game for is eliminating their TO’s.

Speaking of Newton, he needs to play at a faster pace. He walks the ball up, goes east and west, then focuses on one player to pass the ball into, hesitates, makes a lazy pass and has it stolen. How many times did we see that sequence against Florida?

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
LIU was actually a national powerhouse in men's basketball in the late 30's to early 40's when the NIT was THE tournament. They won it all one year. And they used to be called the Blackbirds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
God bless you OP

If this thread doesn’t display your dedication, I’m not sure what else would. Of all the games you could have taken off on doing a deep dive into stats and match-ups, this would be it. And yet, here you are.
Haha thanks. What's the alternative? Finish my grading and end of semester comments? No way.

Old man Q: What's OP?

Reaction Score
Haha thanks. What's the alternative? Finish my grading and end of semester comments? No way.

Old man Q: What's OP?

Attachments

• 1670684104515.jpeg
    1670684104515.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 84

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members