Little/no movement in Dec 11 AP Top 25

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

8805BA77-73DD-4826-ACFA-6F3DF3C314DD.jpeg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Note that BIg East brethren Marquette and Creighton are ranked #19 and #20, right behind Louisville. If those rankings hold, 3 of UConn's next 5 games (through January 3) will be against ranked teams.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My $.02...

Pleasantly surprised that UNC is still ranked. It's interesting also to me that there are now 3 teams in the top 25 with at least 3 losses. Also I was encouraged by UCONN's play in Q1 and Q3. I hope that this team is getting more acclimated and comfortable with the core 8 that is left after the recent injuries to Caroline and Azzi (I know Caroline's is not "recent", but the repercussions from her concussions is causing her to be out way longer than hoped).

A tough stretch - L'ville and the 2 other best teams besides UCONN in the big east. None of the games will be easy. But I hope the team continues to get more and more comfortable for longer stretches with who they have. Ice (3 minutes) and Q (8 minutes) hardly played vs. UNC and that needs to change sooner rather than later IMHO...

Reaction Score
Note that BIg East brethren Marquette and Creighton are ranked #19 and #20, right behind Louisville. If those rankings hold, 3 of UConn's next 5 games (through January 3) will be against ranked teams.
Great. That will be 8 games against teams ranked in the top 25 when we played them in a span of less than 60 days.. Just another UCONN cupcake schedule.

Reaction Score
I can personally relate to this poll's predicament: there is little to no movement in my own household, with all the holiday foods being readily consumed one by one - often in two's and three's at once - I have resigned myself moreso to my trusty recliner. New Year's resolutions abound......

:oops:
:)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UNLV and Miami entered the poll. Look at who is at the top of the next receiving votes list. If they can win a couple more (big road game @ Louisville on 12/20), they could be ranked for the first time since the final poll of 2017.

Pretty surprised North Carolina is still ranked. Lost to some good teams, but they are 6-4 and Davidson is the only thing close to a quality win on their schedule.

Reaction Score
Early rankings reflect win/loss more than quality of games played and UConn has played the best and lost three. They most likely with the current lineup are a 3-4 seed so I think they are where they should be and will be for the season. They have 3-4 typical UConn players on the court and they need about 3 more to move up the rankings to compete on the top level of WCBB.

Reaction Score
My $.02...

Pleasantly surprised that UNC is still ranked. It's interesting also to me that there are now 3 teams in the top 25 with at least 3 losses. Also I was encouraged by UCONN's play in Q1 and Q3. I hope that this team is getting more acclimated and comfortable with the core 8 that is left after the recent injuries to Caroline and Azzi (I know Caroline's is not "recent", but the repercussions from her concussions is causing her to be out way longer than hoped).

A tough stretch - L'ville and the 2 other best teams besides UCONN in the big east. None of the games will be easy. But I hope the team continues to get more and more comfortable for longer stretches with who they have. Ice (3 minutes) and Q (8 minutes) hardly played vs. UNC and that needs to change sooner rather than later IMHO...
I think Q and Ice have to show improvement on the defensive end. Q gets lost on switches at times and needs to box out better and get used to the faster speed at this level and Ice needs to improve her foot speed, box out, rebound, and be way more careful and certain with the ball. She only has to play a solid floor game to play more. We have to remember that she didn't play competitive basketball for a year. In a close game, they will not be in there unless there is improvement. I think they both know this and I think you will see changes soon. We definitely need an 8 player rotation for the full game.

To me, a key takeaway from the UNC game was that the two other freshmen were out there when the winning and close out took place and were a part of it by playing defense and handling the ball under pressure. That imbues confidence. They will be de facto sophomores come March. Q is the X factor because she is so athletic that she brings slashing, 3 point shooting, and speed and will develop into a very good player. It's a lot to get used to at this level and in this program. Like Liyah said "Baby steps".

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many games does Chapel Hill have to lose before they drop out of the poll? 12?

20220722_121626.jpg

sun

Reaction Score
How many games does Chapel Hill have to lose before they drop out of the poll? 12?
Rebecca Lobo's ballot has:
North Carolina - #22 at 6-4
Tenn. - #25 at 5-5

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's too bad Duke lost to Clemson and missed the chance to dislodge the Tar Heels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom