Little Brother Having a Big Sad; a Compilation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Little Brother Having a Big Sad; a Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ever sit there and wonder if the ACC Powers that Be ever ask each other from time to time "Why did we let Boston College convince us to take Louisville, Cuse and PItt instead of UConn?"
I have friends that are Pitt fans, and when that was happening I was crying that we were screwed and they lucked out. Turns out that the BE is back stronger than ever, better coaches than ever and poised to stay strong. ACC will be fine but we landed on our feet and BTW when have we heard of Cuse and BC as basketball powers lately?

Reaction Score
I have friends that are Pitt fans, and when that was happening I was crying that we were screwed and they lucked out. Turns out that the BE is back stronger than ever, better coaches than ever and poised to stay strong. ACC will be fine but we landed on our feet and BTW when have we heard of Cuse and BC as basketball powers lately?
A lot still does come down to money as far as being happy with a given conference affiliation. BE will only ever get so much from a TV contract, especially without football. The ADs in the ACC will always have tons more money than us if/when they need to spend. Also, not to mention, the school at large gets better when they’re getting 50 million vs 10 million a year from athletics.

It seems like we may have struck gold with DH in that he is a northeast guy, seems happy to anchor here for a long long time (again, how much better is a UK/UNC job at this point besides money?), and is hopefully happy with making plenty-good but not top money. Otherwise, we would have a lot to worry about as far as teams from conferences with stupid amounts of money ready to throw at him.

We’ll see what happens with assistants

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is the first time I have read through one of these Syracuse threads. WOW….but it is laughable. They do not understand what team means. They think it is giving the ball to a generational scorer “Melo” getting out of the way and playing a decent zone is what team means. This UCONN team easily beats Syracuse Melo Natty team. IMO…
Not looking it up to confirm, but I believe the 2003 UConn Huskies DID beat the Syracuse Melo Natty team.

Orc

Reaction Score
Not looking it up to confirm, but I believe the 2003 UConn Huskies DID beat the Syracuse Melo Natty team.
Yes. And they played in Albany to get to the final four. So lucky.

Reaction Score
One last whimper for round 3! Kinda hard to get good sequences of messages because every other post these kids were talking about HBO shows and the WBB NC game

24D19707-EE1A-4AC3-9C37-32413FEA92DD.jpeg

Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you've been at an Orange-UCONN football game while UCONN was handily beating them five straight seasons. I have never seen so many folks with WTF looks on their faces. It's a very delusional fanbase that I think still believes Jim Brown is on the roster.

That UCONN basketball has consistently surpassed them over decades now is beyond their ability to comprehend. An alternate reality is easier to accept.

Reaction Score
He really came across as a bitter old man that is pissed off about college basketball as a whole as well as how it ended at Cuse.
Probably because he is old, male, and bitter about how college basketball is changing for the worse (it is) and how he didn’t get to go out on his own terms (which, rightly or wrongly, he didn’t).

Reaction Score
Probably because he is old, male, and bitter about how college basketball is changing for the worse (it is) and how he didn’t get to go out on his own terms (which, rightly or wrongly, he didn’t).
I'm fully aware that he is all of those things. I just like to think that most grown adults that are invited on a podcast to talk basketball would try to stay out of whiny grievance territory for the majority of the time. He just seems like an unpleasant human being.

Reaction Score

I thought Boeheim actually came across decently well. I still “hate” him but he was a bit endearing. He is just a man of a different era and is vastly out of touch. I would be pissed if I was a Cuse fan because he seems to understand he has been phoning it on the recruiting trail. The one bit that was stupid was him praising himself for calling Miami out for buying players. Ok, but you also called out Wake dummy.

Reaction Score
Boeheim is old and it takes a massive all encompassing effort these days to do a program and let’s face it, he coasted and mailed in toward the end, Great coach in his day but their program just isn’t what ours has become. I don’t hate him the way some do here or even their fans especially because we’re not up against them anymore. Those are BE opponents now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I thought Boeheim actually came across decently well. I still “hate” him but he was a bit endearing. He is just a man of a different era and is vastly out of touch. I would be pissed if I was a Cuse fan because he seems to understand he has been phoning it on the recruiting trail. The one bit that was stupid was him praising himself for calling Miami out for buying players. Ok, but you also called out Wake dummy.

I agree. He sounded hammered, and even self deprecating at times when talking about his being a cranky old fool.

Hes been coaching since moses wore short pants. I like people who dive right into retirement ready to party. Good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom