Little Brother Having a Big Sad; a Compilation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Little Brother Having a Big Sad; a Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It will not be long before we will have to explain to young people that Syracuse was once relevant in college athletics, like we have to explain how rotary phones work. Neither makes any sense to someone under the age of 25.
I imagine it must be like being a LaSalle fan a few decades ago.

Reaction Score
It will not be long before we will have to explain to young people that Syracuse was once relevant in college athletics, like we have to explain how rotary phones work. Neither makes any sense to someone under the age of 25.
It will be one of those tests on apps for children to get their parents' approval.

"Syracuse University was once relevant in which of the following sports:"

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I went looking to see what cough cough” New Englands team” thought of this and couldn’t even find a useful message board for them.

They are the red stapler guy from office space.

Acc offices. Why is BC still collecting money from us?

The bobs. There 10 fans didn’t notice we told them to leave so they just kept playing and losing.
th (1).jpg

Reaction Score
I'm thinking with that stadium, the orange could bounce back quickly, except.... they have to go thru their 'guy after THE guy' phase and get to their next coach first

Reaction Score
Syracuse is a poor man's Indiana. Had some success decades ago, occasionally makes some noise now, but otherwise is basically indistinguishable from programs like Iowa, Washington, West Virginia, or LSU. So-so middle of the pack P5 programs. Ho hum, nobody cares.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
as a a guy in his early thirties, i remember being shocked to learn that temple was once a college basketball power under john chaney.
I especially like how the Yankees are now known as the team that can't close the deal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I imagine it must be like being a LaSalle fan a few decades ago.
More like St. Bonaventure I think. They have a good run with a big star then back to the common ruck.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'll never understand their incessant "fluky" "lucky" etc complaints.

Um, guys. You have a single title, from a while ago now, which needed:
1) A Carolina/Duke-esque home cooking regional draw (Boston and Albany)
2) A 1 point win over a crappy 10-seed Auburn IN ALBANY
3) A single excellent freshman player, who never saw the floor for you again

Their lone title is the dictionary definition of a fluke, and yet, they complain endlessly about us. It's amazingly stupid.

Oh, did I mention that in this very zenith 2 decades ago now, they never beat us? Oops.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans gonna be watching a lot of Wrestlemania from now on. If they're lucky FAU might schedule a 3 for 1 down in Boca but that's a longshot. Maybe Niagara. Time for us to stop paying attention to irrelevant programs.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
More like St. Bonaventure I think. They have a good run with a big star then back to the common ruck.
LaSalle actually has a national title in their trophy case and as recently as ~1980 had a valid claim as the best program in the Big Five. They sunk into obscurity while programs they felt superior continued and one (Nova in their case) went on to win multiple titles,

Reaction Score
To be fair, there are plenty of voices of reason over there
One guy stated our case just as well if not better than anyone over here

Some do it with humor. One said please let us be so lucky to win two Natty's.

I always remember after 2014, one guy said that if this is what irrelevance is, please make us irrelevant

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
LaSalle actually has a national title in their trophy case and as recently as ~1980 had a valid claim as the best program in the Big Five. They sunk into obscurity while programs they felt superior continued and one (Nova in their case) went on to win multiple titles,
That must be when L-Train "Lionel Simmons" was there. Speedy Morris the coach back then?

Reaction Score
No team ever has "lucked" their way to a ncaa title, that's just plain ignorance. You have to win 6 straight games against good teams. Sometimes you get a matchup break here and there, but that's the nature of a bracket style tournament. Bottom line, you still have to go out and take each W, survive and advance and hopefully you can make it to a Monday final.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That must be when L-Train "Lionel Simmons" was there. Speedy Morris the coach back then?
No, L Train was a decade later. Michael Brooks was national player of the year. He followed Joe (Jelly Bean) Bryant (Kobe's dad).

LaSalle was an exceptionally strong program until the BE came around (and the A-10 refused to add a third Philly school).

Reaction Score
No, L Train was a decade later. Michael Brooks was national player of the year. He followed Joe (Jelly Bean) Bryant (Kobe's dad).

LaSalle was an exceptionally strong program until the BE came around (and the A-10 refused to add a third Philly school).
Wasn’t Jelly Bean Bryant on the team that upset then #1 DePaul (the Mark Aguirre/Terry Cummings era) in the first round of the NCAA’s?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Wasn’t Jelly Bean Bryant on the team that upset then #1 DePaul (the Mark Aguirre/Terry Cummings era) in the first round of the NCAA’s?
That was St Joe's, not LaSalle that beat DePaul. LaSalle was a top ten team that year, Michael Brooks was their star, Jelly Bean was already in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom