Lions not fazed by Uconn matchup | The Boneyard

Lions not fazed by Uconn matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for them. They need to be confident to have a shot at winning.

Reaction Score
The key to winning this game for UCONN is stopping Penn States guards. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I do think UCONN wins by double didgits.

Reaction Score
Bull poo.

“I beat Geno as an assistant coach before (at Notre Dame),” she [CW] said.
Boy - is that pathetic, or what? How 'bout the time when you were a water girl at Iowa State?

"They don’t do anything special or fancy or different than anybody else does.”
Talk to the K-State guard that just gave an eloquent description of UConn's magic on the floor.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wonk, structurally UConn doesn't do anything different but it terms of effort and effectiveness there is not another team like them.

Reaction Score
Boy - is that pathetic, or what? How 'bout when you were a water girl at Iowa State?
The older I get, the better I was.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I think its going to be a big time blowout. STJ is very good and we beat them pretty good and STJ knows UConn and beat UConn this season. PS will have to be very careful early to stay in the game because they could get plummeted once UConn gets going. UConn is at a whole different level right now and for teams that have never faced them it will be devastating. The only think that matters if executing the defense which UConn has done at a very high level in the postseason. By doing so the offense will be fine. By breaking down the perimiter with Kiah and Stef underneath it is going to be very hard for PS to score even going in and passing out. Ball handleing will be a must for PS to stay in the game and turnovers could mount up pretty quickly if panic sets in.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Bull poo.

Boy - is that pathetic, or what? How 'bout the time when you were a water girl at Iowa State?

"They don’t do anything special or fancy or different than anybody else does.”
Talk to the K-State guard that just gave an eloquent description of UConn's magic on the floor.
Not special, except for sometimes holding teams under 30 points in the tourney. Not sure that I've seen that happen for anyone else this year. But then again, KSU's shooters may have just been unlucky.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The older I get, the better I was.

She does seem to be talking some smack - Geno's big head etc. - but it may be a case of Whistling Past The Grave Yard ...let's hope so. Well we now have a home and home contract with them, so I hope they journey to Connecticut next year with a feeling of dread.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Mojo alert! Was it you who said St. Johns would be Shocked and Awed in the February game? ;)
But, they were shocked and awed! However, not in the way most of us anticipated..:oops:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Mojo alert! Was it you who said St. Johns would be Shocked and Awed in the February game? ;)
Where did that come from? Did you throw that on the wall to see if it would stick...why? Thanks for forcing me go search for the score prediction thread of 2/18/12. You had UConn by 22pts, I had UConn by 30pts.

You: "76-54 the Blueshirts...the whiteshirts with blue letters...or is it silver when it's white. I'd much rather see a few players ramp it up and shoot lights out against the Johnies as we draw neigh to post-season (or Feb 27). Score reflects my respect for KBA and what she is building."

Me: "Huskies 79 - Redmen, Johnnies, Red Storm 49"

And here's my wild mojo busting prediction for the (3/5/12) BEast tourney:

"Sorry to disagree with Geno, but revenge is a basic and original human emotion. Besides that, we're better than them. I'm with Special-K on this point..."tonight will be different".

"Huskies 71 - Johnnies 59!"

(Final: UConn 74 - SJU 43)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Where did that come from? Did you throw that on the wall to see if it would stick...why? Thanks for forcing me go search for the score prediction thread of 2/18/12. You had UConn by 22pts, I had UConn by 30pts.

You: "76-54 the Blueshirts...the whiteshirts with blue letters...or is it silver when it's white. I'd much rather see a few players ramp it up and shoot lights out against the Johnies as we draw neigh to post-season (or Feb 27). Score reflects my respect for KBA and what she is building."

"Sorry to disagree with Geno, but revenge is a basic and original human emotion. Besides that, we're better than them. I'm with Special-K on this point..."tonight will be different".

My bad...sorry. Sometimes I forget that my sense of humor sometimes does not come across. I liked your post, but I was giving you gas. Should have hit the like button. Now I will go do so.:oops:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I don't think it will be a blowout.

I like our chances to win but I have reason to believe that PSU will play creditably.

Coquese is a good coach and she has some good players. And of course she is trying to project an aura of conidence in the hope/expectation that her team (er, program) will pick up on it.

Geno cannot help but look ahead to Monday the game (prelude to Final Four) he has often referred to as the toughest one of all. So we will see no more of the short rotation than necessary to snag a W.

So I expect Lucas to have a tough night, UConn to win comfortably, then go all out vs. Kentucky on Monday.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

you used my prediction thread as evidence to fight your case? welp atleast Im good for something around here ;)

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
My bad...sorry. Sometimes I forget that my sense of humor sometimes does not come across. I liked your post, but I was giving you gas. Should have hit the like button. Now I will go do so.:oops:
No worries Rock - my bad. Read your comments (sans sarcasm) and thought...I DID NOT say that! NEVER! Wait...DID I? So I go back and check the prediction threads (DaddyChoc's prediction thread/s :)), and am relieved to see I wasn't "that guy" and then I'm thinking...that b*st*rd made me look! :mad:

It was likely CDS (Cesspool Derangement Syndrome) kicking in. One can become afflicted with CDS by spending too much time raining sulphur down on a certain OT board! :eek:

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
After many years of being a sports fan, I've learned not to be too overconfident despite the qualities of my team. I'll never forget the 1964 NFL season. My favorite team, the Baltimore Colts, finished the season 12-2 and had led the NFL in scoring. They were to play the Cleveland Browns (10-3-1), a very good team, in the NFL championship game. But what could go wrong? The Colts had Johnny Unitas et al., and appeared to be a super power. The final score of the championship game? Browns 27, Colts 0.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Vegas has the Huskies by 17 1/2.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Vegas has the Huskies by 17 1/2.
"Well...there you go again" (as Reagan would say) with your Vegas odds. This time I'm buying what you're selling and like the 18 pts. Though as always with our Huskies, a blow-out is never out of the realm of possibility:

Huskies 74 - Nittany Lions 56

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
After many years of being a sports fan, I've learned not to be too overconfident despite the qualities of my team. I'll never forget the 1964 NFL season. My favorite team, the Baltimore Colts, finished the season 12-2 and had led the NFL in scoring. They were to play the Cleveland Browns (10-3-1), a very good team, in the NFL championship game. But what could go wrong? The Colts had Johnny Unitas et al., and appeared to be a super power. The final score of the championship game? Browns 27, Colts 0.
I havent heard "this much" overconfidence on this board EVER....

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Colts had some tough spots back then. Three years later they were undefeated going into the final game of the regular season against my Rams and lost, and so they didn't get to go the playoffs (no wildcard back then).

I think the "overconfidence" comes from an overwhelming confidence in the defense, especially during the last 5 games as the players have buckled down in crunch time. If your optimism rests on a team's great shooting, you have a lot less to be optimistic about since that can mysteriously disappear when facing a good defensive team that frustrates the heck out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom