Linnae Harper | The Boneyard

Linnae Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched the Illinois state championship game on ESPN3 twice in the last week and I must say that this kid is a player and if UConn is able to land her she will really bring a diferent dimention to the team. I will try my best to give a review of what I saw in the game and hopefully others will watch and do the same.

Offense

Shooting: Did not shoot the ball great from the outside, maybe 1-5 outside of 15 feet but the stroke looks good...some nights the ball just doesn't fall. Inside 15 feet the kid has all the moves and uses the board well, strong frame allowed her to finish with contact several times. Impresive for a kid 5'7" to do what she does against taller players.

Handle/Passing: Very calm with the ball, the game seems slow to her (a very good thing) her team looks for her when under pressure. (her team includes a McDonalds All-American Guard going to Kentucky) She had 1 turnover and it occured when they were up 15+ in the last 2 minutes of the game. Had a great pass for an and 1 basket which really seemed to excite her as most of the game she is stone faced. Is a willing and able passer.

Movement: Seems to have great instincts that allow her to find the ball all the time, I think she had 15 rebounds in this game. Her movement without the ball also allows her to get the ball where she is at her best.

Defense

On the ball: Did not apply as much ball pressure as I thought she would but I think the teams game plan was to allow the other team to catch in front of the defense and make contested shots which she did a good job of doing. Has the speed to be a more in your face defender then she showed but I am not sure that was the game plan that night.

Off the ball: A concept that is usually foriegn to high school players, I thought she was very aware of what was going on. Kept her head "on a swivle" so she could see the ball and her player at all times. By seeing the ball it also allowed her to know when the shot went up so she could hit the boards.

Rebounding

Offense: Looks to crash the weak side and is rewarded with many offensive rebounds and has the ability to finish after. Her jumping ability is excellent and her strong frame keeps defenders on her back.

Defense: As a guard helping on the boards it keeps the other team to 1 shot and this guard stays and fights for the ball instead of leaking out. 1 thing I did not mention yet is how strong her hands are. Not sure I saw any plays where she got her hands on the ball and lost it. For those that follow the men, she is the anti-Oriakhi. Its as if she has velcro on her hands.

I can see why the coaches have begun recruiting her as she does many things that are hard to teach and she has a great feel for the game. Hopefully she can get on campus soon...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
hey great report! thanks so much for sharing! do you live out that way? will you be able to see her play live?

Reaction Score
Great info! Is Harper a sophomore or a junior?
Let's clarify her class - Harper is a 'rising senior' - that is, she's in the graduating class of 2013. ASGR lists her as a shooting guard, and has her ranked at #7 in the class, just behind Erica McCall @ #6 overall.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe we may be speaking of demented dimensions but and deferring diferent spellings.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm from Chicago and Harper is the real deal! Glad to see GA and crew are looking at her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom