Limits of One and Done Rosters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Limits of One and Done Rosters

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. It’s why I think Calhoun is the greatest ever. He did more with less than K ever had.

You think Calhoun is the best ever because you are a UConn fan.

More with less? They recruit the rosters if he had less.... connect the dots?

Reaction Score

That could be totally true. I am biased I’m not hiding that lol. I just think what Calhoun created and pulled off is greater than any other college coach in the last 50 yrs

Reaction Score
The one exception that I see was Kentucky in 2012.
That team can be eliminated from consideration as an outlier since they had the most dominant collegiate player we've seen in a generation with the exception of possibly Durant - who'd yet to fully develop physically.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but there's clearly more to it than just that. Otherwise, there would be no point in discussing the topic at all.

If someone wants to tell me they're high school coach is better than K, fine. It'll sound ridiculous, but it is conceivable because there is nothing to disprove the assertion. That tends to happen when you focus on a singular element of a comparison. In this case, you could make a legitimate argument that 'coaching' is separate from recruiting and therefore more subjective. It's the type of argument you make when you have no other ground to stand on, sure, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Reaction Score
The NBA needs to get rid of their rule and open up the draft for high schoolers again.

If you are of working age you should be able to pursue a career and if a team wants to take that risk let them. At the same time if a high schooler goes undrafter they should be allowed to go play in the NCAA so more Lenny Cooke situations do not happen.

It is a win all around for the NBA, NBDL, and NCAA.

I still like the NFL rule of 2 and done. I feel the kids should mature a little before they get paid big bucks to play a sport. Plus I feel competitng at the college level is good for most athletes (not all, there are exceptions). But then again I prefer watching college sports over professional.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I would not be opposed to a rule stating if they go to college they have to stay multiple years. Basketball is very different than football though. There is no high school athlete that can skip college and play in the NFL. We have seen it is possible in basketball, so leave that avenue open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom