liked what i saw from Ao and Drummond... | The Boneyard

liked what i saw from Ao and Drummond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ao had 14 10 and 5... drummond had 13 9 and 4... and Shabazz had 4 5 5 and 7 to... idk why they didn't have lamb flashing to the free throw line

Reaction Score
Drummond and AO need to play the whole game like they played the last 60 seconds. It is that energy and athleticism that could destroy teams. Pretty good game though. Liked Drummond staying out of foul trouble.

This game is on Bazz/Lamb, They really were not good all game long, and lacked compsosure coming down the stretch. I really think they have been playing fairly passive knowing that there is no backup. I expect a big jump in energy now that Boatright comes on board.

This was teh best thing that could happen for this team, a loss. Now Calhoun can tear them apart, knock them down to size, and get the effort level to where it should be.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yeah i feel against the zone we can't have ao and drummond on the floor at the same time, roscoe or olander at the 4, daniels or roscoe at the 3, then lamb and napier... I'm not pissed about the loss so much, just that they shut down when they were up 17, but not they'll know how to attack the zone and we get boatright... a positive is that donny was a great announcer

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I agree that this game is definitely on the guards. They were absolutely clueless against the zone. I also agree the bigs looked pretty good (when the guards decided to actually get them the ball).

Reaction Score
Drummond and AO need to play the whole game like they played the last 60 seconds. It is that energy and athleticism that could destroy teams. Pretty good game though. Liked Drummond staying out of foul trouble.

This game is on Bazz/Lamb, They really were not good all game long, and lacked compsosure coming down the stretch. I really think they have been playing fairly passive knowing that there is no backup. I expect a big jump in energy now that Boatright comes on board.

This was teh best thing that could happen for this team, a loss. Now Calhoun can tear them apart, knock them down to size, and get the effort level to where it should be.

Its depressing but that's exactly right... We've been playing complacent all year whenever we gained a big lead, the only thing is we would strike back when the team brought it down to 8, 9, or 10. UCF is better than those scrubs we played earlier and they showed that we have to play ALL 40 minutes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yeah i really can't believe shabazz had 4 points and 7 turnovers, but the bigs looked great

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
yeah i feel against the zone we can't have ao and drummond on the floor at the same time, roscoe or olander at the 4, daniels or roscoe at the 3, then lamb and napier... I'm not pissed about the loss so much, just that they shut down when they were up 17, but not they'll know how to attack the zone and we get boatright... a positive is that donny was a great announcer

I thought Donny did a pretty poor job. In trying to not sound like a homer, he was reluctant to say when the refs were wrong. Fine to be unbiased, but call it correctly instead of going over the line the other way.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
a possible sane thread on this board after a loss?

Right now they're playing like a young but talented team lacking a injection of something from the guards. I think RB is the perfect recipe needed for this team to create a new scoring dimension. We also really need his quickness on defense on the perimeter as a disrupter (I think Bazz will be able to become that as well with RB available to spell him).

Lamb and Bazz had off shooting days after appearing to what might have been the best backcourt in the nation early on... so the world is not ending. Neither could defend well today either.

This loss is good, because the team is not #4 in the country right now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
a possible sane thread on this board after a loss?

Right now they're playing like a young but talented team lacking a injection of something from the guards. I think RB is the perfect recipe needed for this team to create a new scoring dimension. We also really need his quickness on defense on the perimeter as a disrupter (I think Bazz will be able to become that as well with RB available to spell him).

Lamb and Bazz had off shooting days after appearing to what might have been the best backcourt in the nation early on... so the world is not ending. Neither could defend well today either.

This loss is good, because the team is not #4 in the country right now.
im confused on what to feel lol so thats the biggest thing that stood out... i think boatright will make shabazz play much better

Reaction Score
I agree losing isnt the worst thing for this team. Lose early, learn, win later.

Reaction Score
They both logged 39 minutes at 7PM last night.
Would you mind horribly if I gave them a complete f---king pass?

This. Not everyone has the conditioning of a kemba. Sb and jl only have one season of conditioning at this level.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They both logged 39 minutes at 7PM last night.
Would you mind horribly if I gave them a complete f---king pass?
kemba also had shabazz to play off the ball, jazz doesn't have anyone

Reaction Score
I thought AO and Drummond played well today. Some plays where I was reminded about AOs hands . I agree with with Drummond and AO in a zone defense is a lil shaky. Although when Drummond gets the ball and they're playing zone, hes been able to make some nice passes. Defensively Drummond played really good. I didn't like when AOs man was setting the screen and would shoot the three. That happened a couple times. Sad that AO had a good game offensively and we lost.

Reaction Score
The dynamic of this team is not meant to win in Nov/Dec. It's going to be a learning process when you lose a clear floor leader like a Kemba Walker - chemistry needs to be re-established. And the fact that they were not overwhelming really cruddy talent coming into this game was somewhat telling. The team has far from gelled. And it doesn't help that Boatright has been out. Give them time. To some extent, a game like this could be good when you are looking at NC hangover. It's a shot of reality that it's going to take work/time.

caw

Reaction Score
This loss all depends on how they react. If they react positively, I'm fine with it. If they start being selfish or rushed, obviously this will be a long season.

Hopefully, AO and AD can bring it like today and JL and SN can get some rest with Boatright being eligible. Boatright doesn't need to come in and be better than SN but UConn does need him to be a better PG than Lamb (not knocking Lamb, he's just a much better 2 than 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom