Like always... | The Boneyard

Like always...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It starts and ends with the defensive intensity. When we are really pressuring the ball handlers in the half court, and defending every shot, we don't allow very many buckets. Sure, we'll allow the occasional open 3, but I'll take that if we're getting in their face. And the thing is, it leads to more fast break opportunities, where Shabazz is really shining. Call me crazy, but he might be our best player right now. I love Jeremy, but Shabazz is making it look easy.

Reaction Score
When Bazz came into games last year our situation improved more often than not. This kid is our cement so we've got to keep him healthy and on the floor. Reminds me of Khalid.

Reaction Score
Bazz benefitted from Kemba tremendously, he knows what it takes to win, lead and become an AA. Remember last year he did it against top competition.

Also he has a great assistant coach on the bench who knows a little about the position.

Actually he is positioned to become one of the greatest PGs in UConn history.

Reaction Score
Not so sure they'll get away with double teams too often once we leave the Cupcake Brigade. A good team and passing game will cut the double team defense to ribbons.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I love the double teams on the ball

Was that Roscoe doing it?
Actually, they did it a bunch of times - at least a half dozen and it wasn't one guy. Whoever had the two guard would force him to a sideline with the ball and one of the guys on the three or four would come up to double for the trap. But they did it in such a way that the original defender was in position to quickly switch back to the unguarded player who had to stay close by to be an outlet for the trapped player. He couldn't run away to free space. It was really some beautiful defense and when they committed to it, they blew the game open.

The thing that make it work is having 3 guys (any combination of Lamb, Roscoe, Daniels, Olander and even Giffey) who can all guard either the player trapped or the guy who was freed up. It's a luxery most teams do not have - maybe two or three in the country? At one point Roscoe and Daniels had a guard trapped on the sideline near the half court line. I made the comment that has to be a nightmare for a 6'4 2guard to be in. Two kids more athletic and 4 inches taller with huge wingspans swarming you. He turned it over, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom