Life on The Boneyard Update, September 30, 2020 | The Boneyard

Life on The Boneyard Update, September 30, 2020

Reaction Score
What's up BYF?

I took some heat on the last update for not addressing "The Big Texan 72 Oz Steak Challenge live stream thread". Indeed, it is a very important thread. in 2 weeks it already has 36k views, 2k responses and is 82 pages long...all impressive metrics. The BYF (Boneyard Family) is very into this. Beerfan even got all scientifical and mentioned that a participant in the challenge was making a strategic mistake trying to devour a medium-rare steak and that a "medium-well is better choice for chew-digestion."

Bill6319 aka 860 posted episode 2 of the UConn Basketball Show. He received plenty of praise for this and got 22 likes on the post. He now he has 130 Posts and 434 likes which is a very solid Like to Post Ratio. Chief came by and teased the idea of doing his own show...(big if true). 860 then invited Chief to be a guest on his show. Could we see a collaboration soon? 860 could definitely get a boost in views by collaborating with Chief but with the new success and attention also comes the haters. Stay tuned.

Ray Allen has been making waves (see what I did there) on the CT Shoreline this week. He was spotted is Madison where apparently he's been looking for a property and even spotted at an Old Saybrook gym at 5am. Yes, he was wearing a mask but according to J-dog, he was easy to identify by his calves. Later he was playing street ball with a bunch of kids including 8893's daughter, who casually texted dad "W Ray Allen". I remember the days when kids could just spell the word "with" w/o abbreviating it (see what I did there again).

Not only does the BYF love pizza, but several actually own outdoor pizza ovens. Most of these received stellar reviews except Husky429 wasn't a fan of the Ooni so he went out and built his own! Deepster even makes his own pizza dough. We have a very talented group here.

Gampelcrazies addressed the monkey in the room and asked the question that has been on everyone's mind: If they let fans in to UConn basketball games this season will Big Red be opting in or out? I can imagine this will be a tough decision and I see both sides of it. No response yet but I feel like we need to know soon..also, in what became a pretty divisive thread, Superjohn called freescooter the "Phil Mushnick of the Boneyard" due to his gloomy response about going to games during the covid pandemic. I had no idea who Phil Mushnick is so I googled him to find out that he is a New York columnist who is considered an enemy of the WWE and professional wrestlling because of many past columns attacking the sport, the wrestlers and the company. Coincidently, in the same thread Austin316 laughed at those who would choose not to go to games this season and defiantly announced that he will be in attendance...so maybe freescooter really is Phil Mushnick and maybe Austin316 really is Stone Cold.

Public Notices: QDog is looking to buy a patio heater but the restaurants are buying them all up. Someone hook this man up.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Better, but your failure to mention the Librarian shows a fundamental lack of understanding of key 72 oz. related items.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Who was it that was considering the pros and cons of getting chickens? And did this ever happen?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Who was it that was considering the pros and cons of getting chickens? And did this ever happen?

Deepster. Can't believe that thread is from four months ago.

Reaction Score
Can we all get a mention in the Big Texan 72 oz. thread that there was a Boneyard challenge issued out about a Boneyard steak challenge that caused quite the debacle. Friendships were tested and I am not sure if the score is settled. Tune in next week to find out what happens in the Boneyard 72oz. steak thread!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
This is my new favorite BY series. I’ll be very impressed (and delighted!) if it stays strong through the season...although that’s a lot of content to unpack: the comparative analysis of Chief’s Briefs, RichZ’s ThoughtZ, and ReportCard alone will be a daunting task. Kenny11 putting in work to keep the Casuals up to speed - that’s a Lead Dog move right there!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ray Allen has been making waves (see what I did there) on the CT Shoreline this week. He was spotted is Madison where apparently he's been looking for a property and even spotted at an Old Saybrook gym at 5am. Yes, he was wearing a mask but according to J-dog, he was easy to identify by his calves. Later he was playing street ball with a bunch of kids including 8893's daughter, who casually texted dad "W Ray Allen". I remember the days when kids could just spell the word "with" w/o abbreviating it (see what I did there again).
To be clear, when I posted that that was all the info I had, but I did not mean to suggest that she was playing basketball with Ray. She was down there with her soccer team for a season kickoff event while he was down there watching his boys play pickup. She watched his boys play—shocker, I guess they’re pretty good—and Ray being Ray he ended up giving all the kids assembled something of an inspirational talk about working hard, etc.

Also, I believe @methodology made clear that Ray lives in Old Saybrook and has no plans to move.

Great write-up though—keep it up!

Reaction Score
Also Brad Stevens sucks as a coach. Celtics would have won if they played Kanter

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Better, but your failure to mention the Librarian shows a fundamental lack of understanding of key 72 oz. related items.
Worse yet, no mention of the Sheriff. You can't talk about the 72oz challenge thread without mentioning the Sheriff!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I won't be attending games this year.
Untitled.png

Reaction Score
To be clear, when I posted that that was all the info I had, but I did not mean to suggest that she was playing basketball with Ray. She was down there with her soccer team for a season kickoff event while he was down there watching his boys play pickup. She watched his boys play—shocker, I guess they’re pretty good—and Ray being Ray he ended up giving all the kids assembled something of an inspirational talk about working hard, etc.

Also, I believe @methodology made clear that Ray lives in Old Saybrook and has no plans to move.

Great write-up though—keep it up!

Did he buy Kate's house?

Reaction Score
Perhaps 8893's daughter was abbreviating "Walter"?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Haven’t been on the yard in a few months. This is a very helpful recap of all the meaningless threads I didn’t read, but absolutely would have read if I had time.

You should start doing a monthly OT thread recap... this is way better than Chiefs Briefs!

Thanks Kenny!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom