Liberty v Lynx | The Boneyard

Liberty v Lynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And the ref extends her hands skyward 4 times as Tiff beats up on Stef and Bria with 19.

Tina had 18; Swin with 7 assists.

Reaction Score
So in the topic that just won't die, I watched tonight's game and saw the very same Kiah that I watched play last year for Geno.

She was brilliant playing defense against a taller more talented center, she came up with a few key defensive stops (blocking Maya in the closing minute), she logged a lot of minutes (OK that's different from last year), and she scored a few opportunistic baskets.

I thought that she was great, but I didn't see her add to the offense in a creative way, or to look for a shot of her own. In short she looked a lot like the Kiah we loved when she was here.

All the talk about how the Liberty's head coach had discovered inside of Ms. Stokes the player that Geno had missed now seems to have been a bit premature. It now looks like Bill was brilliant on draft day in recognizing the outstanding qualities that Geno had helped Kiah to develop during her four years working with the best coaching staff in WCBB.

I think Rebecca's assessment, made during a TV broadcast last year was insightful, and as it turns out accurate. She said then that she thought Kiah would make a good pro player and that she would find a home in the league for years to come. She was right.

I root for her every game and find it very satisfying to know that she has made such a quick adjustment to playing against the best players in the game, but I don't anticipate her becoming a very different player in the future.

She'll get better and score a little more and that will be enough to make her an important member of any team that she is a part of, but the people who are expecting a major offensive transformation will be disappointed, which is a shame.

Reaction Score
My 2 favorite teams had quite a battle! It was a very enjoyable game to watch! I wonder since it was relatively close the whole way how Lindsay & Simone if healthy would have changed the pace of the game! Will these 2 meet in the WNBA finals?

In the Washington vs Atlanta game I thought Stef Dolson had one of her worst games at the worst of times with Washington battling Atlanta for the last East playoff spot! I sure hope they can hold on to the 4th spot!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's interesting how teams appear to be making an effort to stay away from Kiah. The Lynx were pretty much going to the basket at will early until Kiah came in. Kiah also reduced Big Syl to a jump shooter - pretty good for a rookie.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's interesting how teams appear to be making an effort to stay away from Kiah. The Lynx were pretty much going to the basket at will early until Kiah came in. Kiah also reduced Big Syl to a jump shooter - pretty good for a rookie.

It's obvious Kiah has created a "no fly zone" with her defense. She's also learning how to defend the bigs she faces who have inside games. Chicago gave her learning curve some trouble, mostly 'cause she got into early foul trouble. On offense, she basically plays possum until the defense decides to slough off her and double team Tina. Then, boink, she burns them.

With Boyd out and inconsistent three point shooting, the Lib posts will have to step it up in the post season.

Reaction Score
. . . She'll get better and score a little more and that will be enough to make her an important member of any team that she is a part of, but the people who are expecting a major offensive transformation will be disappointed, which is a shame.

I agree with your overall assessment, but before saying that she'll never develop into a
consistent double digit scorer, I want to see what playing overseas does for her.

Overseas teams who hire Americans expect them to score a bunch. Perhaps under this
kind of pressure, Kiah will work harder to develop her offense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I agree with your overall assessment, but before saying that she'll never develop into a
consistent double digit scorer, I want to see what playing overseas does for her.

Overseas teams who hire Americans expect them to score a bunch. Perhaps under this
Yup. I think she'll be in a carrot and stick situation.

Reaction Score

Well I hope you and Gus are right. Kiah is absolutely one of my all-time favorite Huskies to root for.

If she comes home next year with an eight foot jumper or a baby hook and averages 12 points a game I'll be as thrilled as any other of her fans. She's done well to this point; we'll see how she developes from here as a scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom