2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the Jamie Shaw crystal ball got people hyped up as well.
Hot Dog Man GIF

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Of course not. The donors and contributors to their NIL collectives however might pony up whatever it takes...Those people are basically wealthy fans or supporters of the program and they did want DH.
Fair enough. I'm sure some people involved with Kentucky wouldn't mind sticking it to Hurley. I'm not sure I'd call all of them "Kentucky"; "Kentucky donors" maybe.

Reaction Score
This is a once in a lifetime decision. If myself or my kid was in this position, I would not rush it. Even at this point.. explore all options and decide.. not necessarily on the Boneyard’s timeframe
Agree if this was 6 months ago. He’s already done the tours and gotten wined n dined. This decision should be more streamlined

Reaction Score
Waiting for news that his Mom has a shrine to Jamal Mashburn in the living room and Rajon Rondo is his idol. Better to be prepared to get Flagged and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite.

Reaction Score
Only thing that bothers me is as far was we know he doesn’t have any other visits scheduled. Meaning he visited us and then is scheduling other schools. If the list came out before I wouldn’t be as concerned as I am now.

Reaction Score
If Michigan and Kentucky really are the competition then I feel very confident. We have the best HC and staff in the country going up against Mark Pope and Dusty May. I like our chances. McNeeley doesn't strike me as the type to go to the highest bidder and UConn is by far the best fit and presents the best chance of winning + developing as a player in comparison to those two right now. Having said that, we're dooooomed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SB Nation saying Michigan reaching out to TJ Powers. Does that help us with Liam? Think so.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone think there’s even a 5% chance he’s waiting to get back to Montverde and convince Cooper Flagg to come with him and then they announce together?

The internet was not invented for you to torture people with nonsense.

Fishing around for more NIL?

JFC. This is the dumbest, laziest take and it happens 23000 times a day here.

Reaction Score
I neither confirm nor deny, and leave you to your proof, with specificity, on the matter of the word "should" and its intent.

Equivocation is among the sources of refuge (and support) for a person whose oft-stated purpose is to lessen the incidence and/or impact of extreme exaggeration and is use as a blunt object to channel people into a single, not fully-supportable answer rather than toward consideration of more questions (if not mere patience) while things continue to steep, percolate, settle, and such.

Every
Single
Time

Eh?

Otherwise, true dat.
Good God!!! Someone would have to be a complete masochist to invite you a second time to a dinner party!

You can suck the air out of a room like no-one’s business. I can just picture all the guests with their eyes rolled back and their heads in their plates while you pontificate away!
:confused:

Reaction Score
The internet was not invented for you to torture people with nonsense.

JFC. This is the dumbest, laziest take and it happens 23000 times a day here.

Thanks for your input, Fishy. Always appreciated. You seem like a real smart guy yourself.

Reaction Score
I certainly don't know him or his family, but there's also culture to consider. They may feel more at home somewhere more like home. CT clearly isn't TX, and DH is as Northeast, no BS a person as it gets. Genteel Southern folks could be put off. As someone who's a CT guy and also worked in the South, I have seen it first hand. Definitely a more laid back attitude in the South, and blunt Northeasterners can be off-putting. If the kid is tough enough, DH and staff will definitely bring out the best in him. If not, best he goes elsewhere.

LM is probably one and done anyway and wouldn't you want a crack at being part of a three-peat? Maybe that's just me, but I don't know where his head and his family's heads are at.

If it's meant to be it'll work out, if not, the staff will get a player that fits and is excited for a shot at a three-peat (something only UCLA has done in NCAA history....).

A question maybe someone can answer. I recruit is allowed a certain number of official visits. If that player than decommits and reopens his recruitment, does he get more official visits or do the previous ones consume the official visit allocation? I know many kids take all the officials they can for the free swag and wining and dining. I know I would.

Reaction Score
A question maybe someone can answer. I recruit is allowed a certain number of official visits. If that player than decommits and reopens his recruitment, does he get more official visits or do the previous ones consume the official visit allocation? I know many kids take all the officials they can for the free swag and wining and dining. I know I would.
There is no limit to the amount of official visits any more. The only limit is that they can't visit a school more than once per academic calendar year (i.e. September through August). So for example recruits could visit 50 schools their junior year and then visit the same 50 the next year.

Reaction Score
I certainly don't know him or his family, but there's also culture to consider. They may feel more at home somewhere more like home. CT clearly isn't TX, and DH is as Northeast, no BS a person as it gets. Genteel Southern folks could be put off. As someone who's a CT guy and also worked in the South, I have seen it first hand. Definitely a more laid back attitude in the South, and blunt Northeasterners can be off-putting. If the kid is tough enough, DH and staff will definitely bring out the best in him. If not, best he goes elsewhere.
LM is probably one and done anyway and wouldn't you want a crack at being part of a three-peat? Maybe that's just me, but I don't know where his head and his family's heads are at.

If it's meant to be it'll work out, if not, the staff will get a player that fits and is excited for a shot at a three-peat (something only UCLA has done in NCAA history....).

Billy Donovan slick Rick Pitiino and John calamari Calipari all are classic NE guys who seemed to do just fine in the genteel south
Add the McGuire brothers for good measure Frank and ?? McGuire

Did you ever hear the saying measure twice and cut once? That’s what’s going on

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Who doesn't like to be wooed and drooled over during these visits when you're 18?
Eek
This is a wrinkle that would surprise me. Guess we’ll have to wait and see
Ooh
It’s just funny people with no sources on here say it’s imminent to try to either get likes or seem like they have an early scoop.
Ah
Seems like you were wrong about a silent commitment. Oh well
Duh
“Sources” is a weird word. There are however many people on the boneyard and just in the Husky community who do have access to something’s before others. If you have access to one of these people it’s possible you could’ve get a feeler. Not concrete reputable information. But stuff has been going around in DMs that would suggest something could’ve been imminent. It still maybe. I think we know who the insiders are. Wait for them to get excited. Everyone else is having fun with it.
"I'm not an insider, but I still like to puff my chest, and pump things up when I hear them elsewhere. I'm a gossip. I do it for fun. And then claim it's no big deal when I'm wrong, or when somebody presses me in the matter. And then do it again. And again. You should know that, even if I don't say it directly."

I think some of it is an attention thing. I will say with the McNeeley stuff in particular there have been a lot of things being passed around. Most probably is bs. But as a fan when you get information like that it’s hard not to get excited and run with it.

I dislike that you speak for yourself in words that obscure that you are doing so.

So people read that and pretend they know more than they do for clout or something.

Maybe some people are fooled by it.

I think the Jamie Shaw crystal ball got [me] hyped up as well.

I don’t think he normally makes those predictions prematurely
FIFY
Never said it was all about money. My initial comment was mostly tongue and cheek and entirely from the Kentucky side and about their offer. It was nothing about a recruit or what they would accept or about what kind or players we need. DH has been clear on that. All I meant is that Kentucky would probably take pleasure is coming extra strong for a UConn recruit. Even said "I am not saying that is happening here" and " I have no reason to believe that or even pretend to know what Liam is looking for."
The "tongue and cheek" part is key here. Just a slip of the tongue into the groove and you're good to go, disclaimers and all.
Good God!!! Someone would have to be a complete masochist to invite you a second time to a dinner party!

You can suck the air out of a room like no-one’s business. I can just picture all the guests with their eyes rolled back and their heads in their plates while you pontificate away!
:confused:
Is this anything like dinner parties you attend?

It's more like candy and hot peppers heaped on top of anything nourishing, and often flung around the table like a food fight.

And the air is more a mix of nitrous, helium, and Cannabis than oxygen.

Because somebody else brought up pizza, I'll offer that we got 3 medium at Fairfield Pepe's tonight. All were good, though with thicker dough on one side of the fresh clam pie, and a bit thicker with flop in the center on the sausage & mootz that also had onion on one half and roasted red peppers on the other.

We'd initially made a snap decision on Sally's when we got to the corner of Commerce & Black Rock. I'd only previously had and enjoyed pies from the take-out oven, and was still skeptical about it being much more of a dining room vibe than Woister street. When I emerged from the restroom, my friend had already nixed the choice to stay after the Tom Petty's "Into the Great Wide Open" segued into something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom