2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They've got one national championship in their history which happened 35 years ago thanks to referee John Clougherty. The most famous stretch in their history was arguably the most dirty stretch in college basketball history when they were laundering money to all their players through illegal gambling operations. They just hired a mid-major coach named Dusty.
I mean, yes, they robbed Seton Hall.

They also were in the Finals in 2013 and 2018. It's not all that distant. Dusty May is a mid-major coach who took Florida Atlantic to the Final Four.

It took UConn some time to overtake Michigan in basketball. But to pretend this isn't a real program that will have major success going forward is an odd take.

Reaction Score
I wish this board would stop accusing every player who doesn't choose UConn of making the decision based solely on money. There are lots of reasons to choose schools other than UConn. Except Syracuse, there's no valid reason to go there.

Sure there is. To transfer to Duke the following year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we got Liam, I'd almost rather have Hass back than Karaban if it was one or the other.
Alex would be a huge loss. He performs the most amount of actions in our set plays, he’s the best cutter on the team, he spaces the whole floor for us, he’s the team leader - ext of the coaches on the floor, a kid who will pull others aside and talk to them one on one if they have a problem. I think he’s the most important piece to bring back.

Reaction Score
Liam Neeson GIF

Reaction Score
I mean, yes, they robbed Seton Hall.

They also were in the Finals in 2013 and 2018. It's not all that distant. Dusty May is a mid-major coach who took Florida Atlantic to the Final Four.

It took UConn some time to overtake Michigan in basketball. But to pretend this isn't a real program that will have major success going forward is an odd take.
There's a lot of real programs that we're much better than. We're much better than their in-state neighbors who are also better than Michigan. I don't see how it's an odd take saying UConn is way better than Michigan on a UConn basketball message board.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m at the Capital Grille now. No sign of Liam yet.

Waiters are getting pissed though that me and MrsRI refuse to put the menu down.

View attachment 99941

The fact that you feel compelled to cover your face implies that Hurley knows you, which also implies that you're on some kind of UConn watch list. That's a level of commitment a lot of people here could learn from.

Reaction Score
I don't see how it's an odd take saying UConn is way better than Michigan on a UConn basketball message board.
Wasn't my take, but go ahead.

My take was that they will "be a threat to us." Which they will be. They are going to compete with—and beat—UConn for recruits.

Reaction Score
Alex would be a huge loss. He performs the most amount of actions in our set plays, he’s the best cutter on the team, he spaces the whole floor for us, he’s the team leader - ext of the coaches on the floor, a kid who will pull others aside and talk to them one on one if they have a problem. I think he’s the most important piece to bring back.
The good news is that McNeeley seems like he’s the type of player with that high basketball IQ who can do a lot of those things. He’s not going to be able to replicate it immediately, but he’s also a consensus 5* recruit so his learning curve should be more on the Castle timeframe (discounting the month he missed to his injury) vs a typical freshman who doesn’t hit their stride until late February.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
You have to add Diarra back in, too. But Diarra+Karaban+McNeeley is still only 5th.

That being said, 5th is within the "could be #1 margin of error".
Does anyone know where we were last season preseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom