2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that if Hurley & staff really want someone $$ is gonna be a stumbling block?
No, but…after you give that player his $$$ what are the other players going to demand? The ones who actually were out there winning games?

So now you have to pay them too. Nothing happens in a vacuum, there’s always consequences for every action.

Reaction Score
Starting Monday a 2 day full court press. Wonder what those look like, what steakhouse?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

His skill set would suit the Cam role seamlessly

I imagine he would do the cam role but defend the opposing team’s 3. He’s just someone we can run offense through bc of his BB IQ, passing and efficiency. we really ran a lot of 3 and 4 man offense last year, having Steph just crash the glass. There’s a next level to this offense where all 5 guys are capable of the actions cam and ak performed last year.

Reaction Score
i dont see why this guy cant be our starting 2 if hes a good passer with high bbiq

diarra/nowell
mcneeley/ball
stewart/ross
karaban/abraham
harris/johnson

we aint gonna threepeat if this is our top 10 but we'll be a fun tourney team thanks to good coaching. would be happy with sweet 16 after going back to back.

Reaction Score
i dont see why this guy cant be our starting 2 if hes a good passer with high bbiq

diarra/nowell
mcneeley/ball
stewart/ross
karaban/abraham
harris/johnson

we aint gonna threepeat if this is our top 10 but we'll be a fun tourney team thanks to good coaching. would be happy with sweet 16 after going back to back.

Johnson is 100% starting

Reaction Score

diarra/nowell
mcneeley/ball
stewart/ross
karaban/abraham
harris/johnson

Who is Harris?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Question on these NIL "deals". Say a "personality" like the next Paige Bueckers (or even just the next Clingan or Spencer) goes to UConn and strikes a "deal". Isn't one of the unquantified upsides for the player that if his team does really well and he shines and he will get some "advertisers hunting him up on their own outside of NIL" deals.

Say Mcneeley plays great and team does great and is in everyone's face he could reap all kinds of extra money deals, right? I'm figuring Clingan got way more deals than whatever "minimum" NIL deal he might have gotten guaranteed from UConn's collective.

I would expect UConn is also selling: Clingan top 50 recruit to lottery, Newton from nowhere to drafted, expect each "upgrade" in career results is worth lot more than most NIL deals.
It's all NIL... some of it is an allocation from the Collective pool (that's the guaranteed part) and some of it is individual deals like Armando Bacot's Wendy's commercials. We could sign a guy for 500k and he's free to find his own deals to add to that.

Reaction Score
Johnson has shown improvement but whether he starts or comes in later doesn’t matter because it’s 2 different looks for defending us. If he can hold his own against stronger centers then fine, we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom