Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon signs WWE NIL Deal

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
There's always been plenty of former athletes, with football and "amateur wrestling" being a particularly common source of talent. Steve Austin's football heritage being an obvious example.

Difference is, most of those guys found their own way to wrestling. Rock and Roman come from pro wrestling families, Nash gave it a shot after his ball career was finished. Kurt's an exception - he actually was recruited. He was also a freak who took to it amazingly well.

Basically these days, WWE views ex-athletes, fitness trainers, etc. with no prior pro wrestling interest as its primary talent pool. Whereas in the past the talent pool came out of other wrestling territories or pro wrestling schools. They want to have absolute control of their product, down to assembling their wrestlers from the beginning and optimizing them specifically for their style.
I get it.

It makes sense to me.

There’s some weird stuff on the indy scene they don’t want.

They do need to listen the reigns on promos though

Way too much is forced or just wildly delusional

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some of you clearly really know professional wrestling. Thoughts about Tessa Blanchard? Has she earned herself a permanent blacklisting? I was impressed w/ what I saw from her in WOW and Impact Wrestling (although they pushed the intergender matches too much).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yikes! From Duke basketball to being the next Fabuous Moolah?

Uhh...has she learned how to flop without harm?
Fabulous Moolah, now there’s a name you don’t hear every day. Even on this board that has a few of us that are a bit long with tooth, that’s a name that may predate the vast majority.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Her old compound, where she housed and trained many female wrestlers, burned to the ground a few weeks ago. I think the building was being used as some sort of care facility when it happened.

Moolah was almost certainly not an angel, but she was definitely a towering figure in women's wrestling for ages.
I hadn't heard that, but I've been working like a dog lately. I do carve out time for basketball, though.

Reaction Score
Some of you clearly really know professional wrestling. Thoughts about Tessa Blanchard? Has she earned herself a permanent blacklisting? I was impressed w/ what I saw from her in WOW and Impact Wrestling (although they pushed the intergender matches too much).

Big companies would think long and hard before hiring her. She's got two kinds of red flags in her history.
1. Has had many issues with coworkers. Wouldn't have been a big deal in the past, but nowadays the locker rooms are more cordial.
2. Has been unprofessional. The end of her Impact contract was very messy because they couldn't come to a deal. She missed tapings due to being out of the country. Then she held the belt hostage for a while after being fired. I don't think all of the mess was her fault, but enough of it was.

Number 2 is probably a much bigger deal for the companies than Number 1. Bottom line: with her skills she'd be an asset to any big company's roster...but they don't need her.

the Q

Reaction Score

There’s a lot of unconfirmed smoke in many places

I want her in aew

Their division improving but a joke With baker as champ

the Q

Reaction Score
Big companies would think long and hard before hiring her. She's got two kinds of red flags in her history.
1. Has had many issues with coworkers. Wouldn't have been a big deal in the past, but nowadays the locker rooms are more cordial.
2. Has been unprofessional. The end of her Impact contract was very messy because they couldn't come to a deal. She missed tapings due to being out of the country. Then she held the belt hostage for a while after being fired. I don't think all of the mess was her fault, but enough of it was.

Number 2 is probably a much bigger deal for the companies than Number 1. Bottom line: with her skills she'd be an asset to any big company's roster...but they don't need her.

Just give me her vs Charlotte flair in aew

I don’t trust wwe to not screw it up with the trash they’ve been giving me in that division for the last 2-3 years

the Q

Reaction Score

The fiend brought me back to pro wrestling

So brilliantly original and the most over thing wwe has created since cena.

So naturally they buried his momentum and literally killed him off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom