Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Lexi is in the class of 2017. She should be graduating in spring 2021.
If the women basketball season does not start this fall is she going to sit one more year from 2021- 2022?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Could it be that she liked Coach Mengele? Of course she can enter the Portal and then decide to stay if the new coach is to her liking.

Reaction Score
A good point got raised here - if this year was supposed to be your year to sit out if you transferred will it still count as such if the season is cancelled? Personally I would think so - a year appears on a calendar not in playing time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here’s a thought.....Tennessee!

Here’s another thought, Texas. :rolleyes: Schaefer could use her for 1 year in Austin. Perhaps Texas A&M, or TCU, her father played there. I don't see her at Baylor or Houston.

Who knows where she’ll go. She has to find a program that’s willing to take her that she’s willing to go to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on her staying at Tech? Great academic school and she can get all types of support from friends and family nearby in Fort Worth. Not sure what her goals are and if she could achieve a better balance staying put.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Big 12 intra-conference transfer rules probably keep her from landing at another conference school as it would cost her one season of eligibility, and that's all she has remaining. Only way around that is if she is grad-transferring, or the Big 12 relaxes its rules due to the Stollings abuse.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on her staying at Tech? Great academic school and she can get all types of support from friends and family nearby in Fort Worth. Not sure what her goals are and if she could achieve a better balance staying put.

Never thought I would hear Texas Tech and great academic school in the same sentence.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but if I am a coach at another school something in the back of my mind is saying "Do I want to bring in a player who has already gone through two different schools and is looking at a third?"
She most likely wouldn't be leaving Texas Tech if not for the coaching change; I mean, it's mid-August. So, not all two-time transfers are created equally.

If a team has an open scholarship, and the coach believes a rising senior player can help their roster (on the court, maturity, leadership, etc.), then why not?

Reaction Score
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but if I am a coach at another school something in the back of my mind is saying "Do I want to bring in a player who has already gone through two different schools and is looking at a third?"
Which is why I say: Notre Dame would be a good choice. Get a loss to UCONN by 30 on her record...

Reaction Score
A good point got raised here - if this year was supposed to be your year to sit out if you transferred will it still count as such if the season is cancelled? Personally I would think so - a year appears on a calendar not in playing time.

The requirement is to do a year in residence at your new school. It doesn't matter if any basketball gets played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom