Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
You saw the title of the thread, read the posts, and posted a reply. So, seems like you cared enough to bother doing all that when you had the option to move along.
In today's environment, anything that gains ones attention.... that doesn't involve sickness, death or violating the constitution,...is worth pursuing. Like a fly in the room.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Duke’s policy is for a student to spend at least two years at Duke to earn a degree. On top of that, they accept an absolutely minuscule number of transfers — less than 5% if memory serves me correctly. So if she’s close to graduation (which I’d assume she is), that’s probably not her best academic bet and the odds are against her. If she has to sit out a year (which I don’t think she will...), she wouldn’t be able to graduate, and I don’t think Kara wants that ding against her grad rate from the get go.

If only...
Doesn't the Mens team have a few one and done.

Reaction Score
Remember that players transferred from UConn shortly after Geno took over the program. Maybe they just weren't willing to make the sacrifices that he demanded. And I'll wager that at least one of them thought he was far too demanding.
Actually some didn't want to play for a man.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That shouldn't be allowed.
I am probably going to regret asking this but...pray tell, why shouldn't that be allowed? I mean there is a whole new coaching regime at NC from the "good ole cheater" that was Sylvia Hatchell.... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I don't see the comparison as being applicable. Being in the job world for most of us spans about 40-50 years. College eligibility is a 5 year span in order to play 4 seasons (at most). All coaches will know she spent 1.5 years at UConn, and 1.5 years at Texas Tech. She has no history of being a "problem" player; so, her resume' is not tarnished by any means.

Lexi averaged 13 points a game in her junior (yet really first overall meaningful) season of play, albeit for a pretty bad team. With one year of eligibility left, there will be plenty of P5 head coaches offering her a scholarship to help fill roster gaps, especially if some current players decide to opt out for the upcoming season.
I sort of disagree. In a span of forty to fifty years some people stick with one job and some, for various reasons, leave for another. It's one thing to say to a prospective employer, "They are downsizing", "They wanted to transfer me out of state", or "I want to upgrade". But if you tell the person you are being interviewed by "I don't like my employer", their next words will be "We'll call you if something comes up". No one has accused her of being a problem player but actions have consequences whether intended or unintended. And at this point it's not a question of players opting out, it's a question of whether or not we have a season for any players.

Reaction Score
But if my response is, "I had a boss who was recently and very publicly fired for abusive management practices and I think it's best that I get a fresh start in a more stable, healthy environment," then it doesn't look so bad.

If Te'a Cooper and Alexis Morris can find a third team, then it'll be no problem for Lexi.
I don't recall her leaving because Geno was fired for abusive management practices. What I am saying is that if you decide to transfer one time it is completely understandable. After that any coach has to ask the question, "Who am I dealing with here?"

Reaction Score
Remember that players transferred from UConn shortly after Geno took over the program. Maybe they just weren't willing to make the sacrifices that he demanded. And I'll wager that at least one of them thought he was far too demanding.
And I believe they are regretting that decision.

Reaction Score
Will retrack the comment but resubmit as Tx Tech having some of the best engineering, math, technology programs in the US. If you have any Texas based friends, ask them how it compares to UConn. ;)
Actually, HopJim, Texas Tech ranks behind the New Jersey Institute of Technology but they do rank ahead of The University Of California At Santa Cruz. Oh, an it ranks about thirty below Uconn in national rankings.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I don't recall her leaving because Geno was fired for abusive management practices. What I am saying is that if you decide to transfer one time it is completely understandable. After that any coach has to ask the question, "Who am I dealing with here?"

No one who is considering her now cares about why she transferred from UConn. When was the last time you were in an interview and someone asked why you left your position two jobs ago?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No one who is considering her now cares about why she transferred from UConn. When was the last time you were in an interview and someone asked why you left your position two jobs ago?
Well, if I had the two jobs within the last 2 year period, they care. Am I someone who can't get along with people, did I not know my own skill set vs. the position requirements to be successful, was I completely oblivious to my surroundings (hence the Best player on Tech supporting her teammates on the abuse claims, while Lexi and her mom choosing to comment/leave TT due to the staff being let go).

So yeah, it sort of does matter.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Well, if I had the two jobs within the last 2 year period, they care. Am I someone who can't get along with people, did I not know my own skill set vs. the position requirements to be successful, was I completely oblivious to my surroundings (hence the Best player on Tech supporting her teammates on the abuse claims, while Lexi and her mom choosing to comment/leave TT due to the staff being let go).

Won’t matter.

Te’a Cooper got into a fight in the Tennessee locker room and nearly drove away MHH from SC, but was welcomed with open arms at Baylor. Did any of it matter? Nope.

So, no, Lexi walking away from UConn with Geno’s blessing and then from TT after this mess won’t matter. It’s all about what Lexi can do for that team, not the teams she has left.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

My comment on Gerlich being a good hire was based strictly on the content of the article. You have information that was not included or highlighted in the article that I did not, so I will concede to your more extensive knowledge on this hire.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lexi probably wishes she could be a High School senior again and get a total " do-over." Maybe play at Harvard.

The third time is the charm. She has to get it right this time. She’ll go to a program that is perfect or near perfect for her. She’s a senior this coming season. This is it!! She’ll be 4 and out, no more eligibility left. I expect to see an announcement of her new school within the next 7-10 days. Classes in most colleges are resuming soon.

Carnac

Reaction Score
If someone played in 4 games during their second year in college (like Lexi did at UConn) - could they possibly have 2 more years of eligibility?

My understanding of the transfer rules (I could be wrong) is that if you play a minimum number of games, you transfer and not lose that year. Anyone feel free to correct me on this.

When Morgan Tuck Shut it down the first month of her sophomore year, think she played 6-7 games, and did not lose that year. If you remember, she returned the following year, then opted to submit for the draft, foregoing her redshirt senior year.

Gordon left during the Christmas break of her sophomore year. She sat out the second half of that season and the first half of the next season, becoming eligible to play on December 18.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My understanding of the transfer rules (I could be wrong) is that if you play a minimum number of games, you transfer and not lose that year. Anyone feel free to correct me on this.

When Morgan Tuck Shut it down the first month of her sophomore year, think she played 6-7 games, and did not lose that year. If you remember, she returned the following year, then opted to submit for the draft, foregoing her redshirt senior year.

Gordon left during the Christmas break of her sophomore year. She sat out the second half of that season and the first half of the next season, becoming eligible to play on December 18.
I believe the number is 25% of a teams games including post season. I believe if Tuck played one (or two) more game(s) she would have lost that year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I believe the number is 25% of a teams games including post season. I believe if Tuck played one (or two) more game(s) she would have lost that year of eligibility.
It's 20 percent of your regular scheduled games. Bird played 8 games her freshman year and lost a year. For 30 games it would be 6 games played. If a player plays 1second that's considered a game played.

Reaction Score
Actually, HopJim, Texas Tech ranks behind the New Jersey Institute of Technology but they do rank ahead of The University Of California At Santa Cruz. Oh, an it ranks about thirty below Uconn in national rankings.
Thanks for all the interesting information but it has little to do with my original post. The point was that Lexi may consider staying at Tx Tech. I can understand the mixed opinions regarding Tech, but it is respected in Texas. Has a record of getting its students strong, well paying jobs with exception alumni network. Lexi may also like being 4 1/2 hours from her Fort Worth home.

Reaction Score
I've only had two jobs, Argonaut - The Marine Corp and the Police Department and the department didn't ask me why I left my last posistion. I just presented an honorable discharge paper. And if I am interviewing someone for any position I want to know their history. However, I'm sure there are several boneyarders who have been in a supervisory position. I will defer to them.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the interesting information but it has little to do with my original post. The point was that Lexi may consider staying at Tx Tech. I can understand the mixed opinions regarding Tech, but it is respected in Texas. Has a record of getting its students strong, well paying jobs with exception alumni network. Lexi may also like being 4 1/2 hours from her Fort Worth home.
I was simply replying to your post.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I've only had two jobs, Argonaut - The Marine Corp and the Police Department and the department didn't ask me why I left my last posistion. I just presented an honorable discharge paper. And if I am interviewing someone for any position I want to know their history. However, I'm sure there are several boneyarders who have been in a supervisory position. I will defer to them.

I'm at my third school -- I was at school one for a year, school two for six years, and just began my third year at school three. Maybe it's because each time I felt comfortable listing the principal of the school I was leaving as a reference, but the focus of "Why the change?" portion of the interview has always focused on why I wanted to be at their school instead.

I have a friend who is a fantastic teacher (she really, really is), but is at her fifth school in ten years.

Perhaps the world outside of education is different?

Reaction Score
I'm at my third school -- I was at school one for a year, school two for six years, and just began my third year at school three. Maybe it's because each time I felt comfortable listing the principal of the school I was leaving as a reference, but the focus of "Why the change?" portion of the interview has always focused on why I wanted to be at their school instead.

I have a friend who is a fantastic teacher (she really, really is), but is at her fifth school in ten years.

Perhaps the world outside of education is different?
You said it all in your final sentence.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am probably going to regret asking this but...pray tell, why shouldn't that be allowed? I mean there is a whole new coaching regime at NC from the "good ole cheater" that was Sylvia Hatchell.... :rolleyes:

Anything that helps that school out... especially to the detriment of Duke . I'm against. :cool:

Reaction Score
It's 20 percent of your regular scheduled games. Bird played 8 games her freshman year and lost a year. For 30 games it would be 6 games played. If a player plays 1second that's considered a game played.

Actually it's 30% of a team's regularly scheduled games, plus one additional game allowed for a league tournament. Also a player is no longer eligible for an injury "redshirt" if she plays at all in the second half of the season. Note that these rules are only for players who seek a medical "redshirt". You can't play at all and still qualify for a regular redshirt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom