Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon in the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
My understanding of the transfer rules (I could be wrong) is that if you play a minimum number of games, you transfer and not lose that year. Anyone feel free to correct me on this.

That is true but only if the player has had a season-ending injury (and didn't play in the second half of the season). Otherwise if the player has played even one game, she loses the year.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lexi (and Chrislyn Carr) will remain at Texas Tech.

Thanks DaBball, I’ve been waiting on her decision to stay or choose another program.

Reaction Score
Actually it's 30% of a team's regularly scheduled games, plus one additional game allowed for a league tournament. Also a player is no longer eligible for an injury "redshirt" if she plays at all in the second half of the season. Note that these rules are only for players who seek a medical "redshirt". You can't play at all and still qualify for a regular redshirt.
[/QUOT
Thank you. My mistake Carnac it is 30 percent and I did know that.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It's 20 percent of your regular scheduled games. Bird played 8 games her freshman year and lost a year. For 30 games it would be 6 games played. If a player plays 1second that's considered a game played.
Actually 30% and only can count one postseason game.
NCAA BY-LAWS --- (c) In team sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the institution's scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only scheduled or completed competition against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, 8/21/20 89 during the official NCAA championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under this limitation in calculating both the number of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport.

Reaction Score
NCAA BY-LAWS --- (c) In team sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the institution's scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only scheduled or completed competition against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, 8/21/20 89 during the official NCAA championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under this limitation in calculating both the number of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport.

Also from NCAA bylaws:

12.8.4.2.6.1.1.1 Conference Championships. A conference championship shall be counted as one contest or date of competition in determining the institution’s scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in that sport, regardless of the number of days or games involved in the championship. However, for purposes of this regulation, the calculation of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in a particular season does not include postseason competition conducted after the completion of the institution’s regular season schedule and conference tournament

Also to clarify what is occasionally a source of confusion, exhibition games do not count as a contest for purposes of this calculation.

Reaction Score
Like I already said I knew it was 30 percent just put down the wrong number.

Reaction Score
I said “IF”. Lawson would have to make the first move. IF she offers and I’m Gordon, I’d take it. Among other things, playing at Duke would give her much more exposure than she had at Tech. It would also bolster her brand and make her a Duke graduate, assuming that ALL of her credits earned to that point are transferable and excepted by Duke. The entire thought was pure conjecture. Anything is possible.
Hypothetical and conjecture don't resonate with some people, unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom