Lexi Gordon before (bio) stats were impressive | The Boneyard

Lexi Gordon before (bio) stats were impressive

Reaction Score
Ms Gordon a few on the BY have pointed out she was a Talent in High School. I won't dwell on what if anything happened to change that. My question to all : Have you read this bio?

Her Bio as posted on the Uconnhuskies.com site.
As a Freshman (2017-18): Appeared in 25 games … matched a season-high with three rebounds vs. Saint Francis (3/17) … had two rebounds and two assists at SMU (2/24) … hit first career three pointer at Houston (1/13) … had three rebounds vs. Memphis (12/31) … made collegiate debut vs. Stanford (11/12).

USA Basketball: Candidate for the 2015 U16 and 2016 U17 National Teams.

Before UConn: Naismith Trophy Player of the year midseason finalists … participated in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic … all-time point scorer at L.D Bell, eclipsing the 2,000 point mark ... averaged 24.7 points and 9.5 boards per game as a senior ... as a junior, averaged 24.7 points and 9.5 rebounds for a 20-11 team ... as a sophomore, averaged 22.7 points and 7.7 rebounds for an 18-14 clu

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
As I watched Lexi last year, I could see some potential. I watched her at "First Night" and I still seen potential. I haven't written her off. I see her continuing to play in games. Maybe not the "big" games, unless UConn is ahead by a huge margin.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
The only problem with late, game over, substitutions is that you can't see how the player shows her skillset in a game that's over, playing for the most part alongside other bench players.

Give her some time as the first sub off the bench playing with four starters. If she has the skills, that would be the setting which would allow her the opportunity to showcase them.

God willing and the river don't rise, someone should plant the thought in Geno's ear.

BTW, the same thing needs to be tried with Camara and Coombs, IMHO.

Reaction Score
The only problem with late, game over, substitutions is that you can't see how the player shows her skillset in a game that's over, playing for the most part alongside other bench players.

Give her some time as the first sub off the bench playing with four starters. If she has the skills, that would be the setting which would allow her the opportunity to showcase them.

God willing and the river don't rise, someone should plant the thought in Geno's ear.

BTW, the same thing needs to be tried with Camara and Coombs, IMHO.

I think that Coombs has more upside as she is a tremendous athlete...............I'll continue to say that she was under used last season and that if healthy she's going to do some impressive things on the court if given the opportunity...........

Reaction Score
Ms Gordon a few on the BY have pointed out she was a Talent in High School. I won't dwell on what if anything happened to change that.

Other than start a thread pointing out how great she was in HS and comparing her college stats.

Reaction Score
Other than start a thread pointing out how great she was in HS and comparing her college stats.

I have no idea what that meansf?? Did I "dwell" on last season? Did I offer that which Uconn presented? What is the point you are trying to create here??
I guess some see my posting in the positive light and some see the negative.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a big year for both Coombs and Gordon.

Mikayla went thru the typical freshmen struggles, and then was hit with an injury for the last month or so of the season. She wasn't even cleared for full contact until just recently IIRC. That means she has basically missed 7 months of time for improvement. The greatest leap comes between freshman and sophomore seasons, but she lost so much time, I'm not sure we will see the typical jump for Coombs. Still, a very important season for her - if she still doesn't get it, it could be a very hard uphill battle for her at UCONN going forward...

Lexi is a different story - I think the game was just too fast for her last year. Not only was she a step slow, but her conditioning was sub par and I think she struggled with the pace of the game (meaning she was trying to unlearn all her bad habits, take what Geno was teaching, and make it instinctual). It's also a very important year for her as well - she needs a really big sophomore leap if she doesn't want to be relegated to a permanent reserve on the depth chart.

I'm hopeful both can elevate their play, effectiveness, and ability to contribute. There will be lots of PT to be earned, but they have to go out and show they are ready to take it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom