Let's see a little bit more Bromah! | The Boneyard

Let's see a little bit more Bromah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid has a unique skill set as he can rebound, play defense, shoot 3's and dribble penetrate. He might not be as good a shooter as Calhoun or Griffey but he has a lot better handle and can rebound which this team needs. I would reduce some of calhouns minutes as he only is a shooter. We might see more of him with Napier in the backcourt as we go against bigger backcourts. I would love have seen T Samuel get in!

Reaction Score
This kid has a unique skill set as he can rebound, play defense, shoot 3's and dribble penetrate. He might not be as good a shooter as Calhoun or Griffey but he has a lot better handle and can rebound which this team needs. I would reduce some of calhouns minutes as he only is a shooter. We might see more of him with Napier in the backcourt as we go against bigger backcourts. I would love have seen T Samuel get in!

Calhoun also has a mid-range game and he can defend. He looks noticeably faster this year. Given Kromah's career averages, I think you'd be losing a lot by pulling Omar.

I also note that Ollie is playing Omar a lot. I'm thinking Ollie must have something in mind for Omar.

Reaction Score
Calhoun also has a mid-range game and he can defend. He looks noticeably faster this year. Given Kromah's career averages, I think you'd be losing a lot by pulling Omar.

I also note that Ollie is playing Omar a lot. I'm thinking Ollie must have something in mind for Omar.
Are we watching the same games. I see the same Omar as last year. He can't defend worth anything. He can rebound a little but really should be used off the bench. Start Giffey and maybe have Kromah come in for Boatright more instead of Giffey. I like to see more of this kid as he will help us a lot of against bigger guards.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope we have a fifth year graduate student every year. Good team players, added maturity. Evans was great, Kromah is even better.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Are we watching the same games. I see the same Omar as last year. He can't defend worth anything. He can rebound a little but really should be used off the bench. Start Giffey and maybe have Kromah come in for Boatright more instead of Giffey. I like to see more of this kid as he will help us a lot of against bigger guards.

If you see the same Omar as last year then yes, we obviously aren't all watching the same game as you. He's been much more confident in taking the ball to the basket and a much more consistent outside shooter. Honestly, I'm not sure what games you've been watching. Maybe there's another Omar Calhoun that plays with Bromah and Griffey.

Reaction Score

What are you talking about career averages??? He had a good career at gw. 11ppg a thousand points in three years 5 rebounds per game as a sophmore... And has a better all around game than calhoun. They're both good but what do u mean losing a lot?

Reaction Score
What are you talking about career averages??? He had a good career at gw. 11ppg a thousand points in three years 5 rebounds per game as a sophmore... And has a better all around game than calhoun. They're both good but what do u mean losing a lot?

Calhoun is a much better shooter/scorer.

Reaction Score
Whenever you have a deep, talented team, there will always be rumblings of who should get more P.T.. You can only play players so many minutes. Sometimes a player may play more or less, depending on the match up. There's an argument all deserve time, but reality is there is only so much time. UConn is stacked at the SG/SF position this year. It's a great problem to have. I've not heard a coach complain about that situation before! Now... if someone can only guard those 3 Pt shooters and rebound!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Who is "Bromah" again?
Brimah? Kromah?
Bromah is the hybrid player of Kromah and Brimah, taking the best qualities of both. He has the experience of a 5th year senior but the potential of a raw freshman. He is 7 feet tall with a long wingspan and excellent natural shot-blocking skills but also has a great handle for his size, 3 pt range & good anticipation for steals. By combining all these qualities, he is now projected as the new #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft!

Reaction Score
Bromah is the hybrid player of Kromah and Brimah, taking the best qualities of both. He has the experience of a 5th year senior but the potential of a raw freshman. He is 7 feet tall with a long wingspan and excellent natural shot-blocking skills but also has a great handle for his size, 3 pt range & good anticipation for steals. By combining all these qualities, he is now projected as the new #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft!

... you forgot the next blockbuster movie in that analysis! ;)

Reaction Score
Calhoun is a much better shooter/scorer.
That's debatable. But what about intangibles and defense??? May be a better shooter. But not better at driving. So i dnt see themlosing a lot

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bromah is great, how could a 7' fifth year freshman not be. But why do we even play Boatlander? He's only 5' 10" and lacks athleticism.
congrats, you're now on my wall of fame

pj

Reaction Score
Bromah is great, how could a 7' fifth year freshman not be. But why do we even play Boatlander? He's only 5' 10" and lacks athleticism.

Recruiting Boatlander was the price we had to pay to get Oright. Not often you can get a 6'10" PG who can jump out of the gym and hit nearly half his 3 pointers. I don't mind if half the roster is filler if the other half are superstars.

Reaction Score
That's debatable. But what about intangibles and defense??? May be a better shooter. But not better at driving. So i dnt see themlosing a lot

No offense, but I'm not sure you're capable of having an unbiased discussion involving Kromah. There's at least a 50% chance you're either him, related, or a very close friend. Omar is a better shooter, plain and simple, works great as a floor-spacer with the starting lineup, the same way as Giffey does when he comes in. Kromah doesn't provide that. Honestly, I'm not even sure that Kromah provides much more as a slasher now that Calhoun has become more cofident. Kromah is a really nice glue guy to have and I think everyone is very happy with what he has provided, but seriously...

Reaction Score
May I also add that OC is leading the team at 15 ppg. he is also shooting 54% from the field and 44% from three. Need I say more?

Reaction Score
I'm honestly surprised if you've seen any games if you don't even know the name of the guy you're hyping.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
May I also add that OC is leading the team at 15 ppg. he is also shooting 54% from the field and 44% from three. Need I say more?
You cannot compare Omar to a fictional character. It would be like comparing Neil Armstrong to Superman. Sure, Neil walked on the moon, but Superman could fly around the Sun and go back in time!

Reaction Score
No offense, but I'm not sure you're capable of having an unbiased discussion involving Kromah. There's at least a 50% chance you're either him, related, or a very close friend. Omar is a better shooter, plain and simple, works great as a floor-spacer with the starting lineup, the same way as Giffey does when he comes in. Kromah doesn't provide that. Honestly, I'm not even sure that Kromah provides much more as a slasher now that Calhoun has become more cofident. Kromah is a really nice glue guy to have and I think everyone is very happy with what he has provided, but seriously...
Im not either of those. My lil bro used to play against him since they were 8 all the way through high school and i always thought he was good. I wa just following him and stumbled upon tis site. But anyways calhoun is good but not a better defender or slasher. Either way the huskies are in good shape but i know for a fact when lasan gets the oppurtunity you guys are going to see what im talkin about.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we've got the next Sidd Finch on our hands with Bromah. If so, we very well might go undefeated. I can't wait to watch Purilton next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom