Let's Not Get Left In The Cold Again | The Boneyard

Let's Not Get Left In The Cold Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this is CR but the unsubstantiated rumor that popped up re: Big 12 following the Yale loss has me praying that Warde and Susan are full bore on all possibilities from a Big 12 eastern division (with Cincy, Memphis and UCF and USF) to B1G as Aresco tries to negotiate a new TV contract for the conference in the coming months. Anyone who has access to their ear by any means has to plead that we don't want to be standing there with our pants down again and a stupid look on our face saying things like "there was nothing we could do". At this point as I look at the crap AAC schedule I don't trust them to just be competent. I looked at the list of A10 members and threw up. Is there anything we can do as fans? I would like to know.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I know this is CR but the unsubstantiated rumor that popped up re: Big 12 following the Yale loss has me praying that Warde and Susan are full bore on all possibilities from a Big 12 eastern division (with Cincy, Memphis and UCF and USF) to B1G as Aresco tries to negotiate a new TV contract for the conference in the coming months. Anyone who has access to their ear by any means has to plead that we don't want to be standing there with our pants down again and a stupid look on our face saying things like "there was nothing we could do". At this point as I look at the crap AAC schedule I don't trust them to just be competent. I looked at the list of A10 members and threw up. Is there anything we can do as fans? I would like to know.
Go to the games - take your family, your friends, your coworkers. Fill the football stadium even when we suck. And have your DVRs recording the game while you attend them. Tell family and friends living and around NYC to watch every UConn game - basketball, football, hockey, womans bb - anything they can watch, they need to.

Reaction Score
With the Big 12 just getting screwed, they may be looking for additional teams to get a conference championship game?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I suspect the rules will be adjusted to allow a ten-conference to have a championship game.

The large conferences now get whatever they want when they want it.

Failing that, I'm still not convinced the Big 12 will willingly cut their take in order to expand to 12.

And if they do....I just don't see Memphis happening. They needed the AAC/Big East to become completely desperate before they were even considered.

Cincinnati is a natural for them. Memphis works geographically after that, but they've been pretty toxic for most of their existence - I'd expect UCF to get picked ahead of them.

Reaction Score
With the Big 12 just getting screwed, they may be looking for additional teams to get a conference championship game?
Hell we can at least pretty much guarantee 1 win for many conference opponents if we join. More wins count for something, and could be one attraction to sell.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 just got shut out of the BCS and TCU and Baylor have the same number of losses as Ohio State, 1 but they must have liked Urban Meyer's face better. We elevate their basketball to be a threat every year for men and women's teams but it works better to have more teams on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom