Let's make a list of players who have proven the Boneyard to be full of idiots? | The Boneyard

Let's make a list of players who have proven the Boneyard to be full of idiots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I root for the 'dogs, and have loved every minute when a Boneyard 'dog delivers.

I'm on vacation this week. Entertain me. Give me a list. I'll start with Ricky Moore. I loved every minute he played.

Name your player. Bonus if you can name the posters who thought the player sucked.

Reaction Score
Before I came to the yard, Taliek has to be number one and always.

After, Deandre Daniels. Ripped apart for being a top 10 recruit prior to grad school.

Reaction Score
Oh you mean in a sense that the players proved the idiots fans wrong.

I was gonna say, every recruit has, at least once, elicited at least some form/degree epic stupidity out of at least one member of our esteemed brethren.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Taliek without question.

On the other side, Tim Boyle. He has proved so far he is nowhere near as good as the local yocals believed.

Reaction Score
Taliek without question.

On the other side, Tim Boyle. He has proved so far he is nowhere near as good as the local yocals believed.

But he has proven to be as good as the football team itself.;)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just about anyone who has put on a UConn uniform... after a loss, this place is a cesspool and every player gets criticized.

Most recently:
-Purvis towards the end of this year. Hopefully that continues next year.

-Kromah for 13/14. Only 1 person around here believed he'd earn his way to a starting role over Calhoun and we all chastised him. I don't think we win a championship without Lasan.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kemba Walker.

He was a key bench player during the 2009 Final 4 run, but he seemed to never hit a big shot during his Sophomore year. He, Robinson, and Dyson made me think at the time that the game was passing Calhoun by. I thought he could no longer motivate...
...THEN came Walker's 3rd year of eligibility. In terms of basketball, I've never been so happy to be proven wrong (but only about Calhoun and Walker).

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
But he has proven to be as good as the football team itself.;)

I don't agree...lets agree to disagree.

He couldn't win the job last year and signs point he wont win it this year either.

Reaction Score
AJ Price, Kemba, Shabazz, Deandre Daniels.

All were declared busts at one point or another.

It's equally odd that players who started fast out of the gates, like Josh Boone and Omar Calhoun, had tepid junior seasons, to say the least. Boone especially was fantastic as a freshman.

I don't remember if people knocked Jake Voskuhl but he had a decent career.

Reaction Score
I don't agree...lets agree to disagree.

He couldn't win the job last year and signs point he wont win it this year either.

I hope he doesn't win the job, they need to upgrade I agree. Not sure the answer is there fully, unless it's there without enough experience, but they need to be a lot better in that position.

My point, which was tongue in cheek, the team isn't any better around him so let's not throw one of our own under the bus until they become complete.

Reaction Score
These are kids. Are you supposed to be surprised that they develop & get better between 17 & 22?

Idiots = to not expect growth.

To criticize In-game or over a bunch of games ... But they are supposed to get better.

Reaction Score
Giffey is one of the recent ones that really ended up outplaying his early career expectations on here. The guy shot under 30% from 3 his junior year and then comes back and shoots almost 50% his senior year, while being key defensively and as a rebounder on a championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom