Let's make a list of players who have proven the Boneyard to be full of idiots? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Let's make a list of players who have proven the Boneyard to be full of idiots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think after T Brown, it has to be the full team from this past season. I don't think one solitary player escaped bashing from at least 10 posters during the season
Not a positive year on so many levels

Reaction Score
i always loved taliek (i promise!) but if you think about it his legacy was saved by rashad/emeka/basically everyone else in the last 3 minutes of the duke game. taliek was AWFUL against duke, and i guarantee there would be posters to this day talking about how disappointing he was if we hadnt pulled that game out and won a ring two nights later. just another example of how fickle legacies/memories can be, and why 95% of the time its silly to bring up rings/championships without context

Reaction Score
i always loved taliek (i promise!) but if you think about it his legacy was saved by rashad/emeka/basically everyone else in the last 3 minutes of the duke game. taliek was AWFUL against duke, and i guarantee there would be posters to this day talking about how disappointing he was if we hadnt pulled that game out and won a ring two nights later. just another example of how fickle legacies/memories can be, and why 95% of the time its silly to bring up rings/championships without context

Taliek started that 12-0 run with a good defensive rebound, bringing it up and feeding Anderson for a 3-pointer.

The Turnaround began with his rebound and assist.

Reaction Score
i know, and he had a pretty nice drive and dish to emeka when we ended up finally taking the lead(not an assist but good penetration). but he was largely terrible that game, just making more of a bigger point about how easily peoples perception of a player can change

Reaction Score
msgordon said:
i know, and he had a pretty nice drive and dish to emeka when we ended up finally taking the lead(not an assist but good penetration). but he was largely terrible that game, just making more of a bigger point about how easily peoples perception of a player can change

That's true, he was - but KEA (Gonzaga) and Bazz (St. Joe's) got similar breaks when they had terrible games. They both made up for it in later rounds, and so did Taliek by shutting down Jarrett Jack.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

JC loved his heart and effort, and the bottom line is he was our starting PG on a NC team, a team that had no business being in the E8 and a team that game from nowhere to lose in the S16 in the last minute to 1 seed TX in TX. He also won 2 BET's

everybody has bad games, don't discount the play of a man you love

Reaction Score
On the plus side - Kemba. His sophomore year late in the season I thought he was playing hero ball. Then I realized he was playing that way because he was the only one on the team that cared whether we won or lost. (Still love his comment after winning the Maui Invitational the next year : "We wanted to show the world we're still UConn".

On the negative side - Stanley Robinson. With his athleticism I thought he was going to set the NBA on fire. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is three times now

Few felt he could coach
Many felt he was gone last year
Several gave these BS rumors consideration
All true.

Proud to say I was never among them.

Reaction Score
JC loved his heart and effort, and the bottom line is he was our starting PG on a NC team, a team that had no business being in the E8 and a team that game from nowhere to lose in the S16 in the last minute to 1 seed TX in TX. He also won 2 BET's

everybody has bad games, don't discount the play of a man you love
i agree with all of this. im not discounting his play at all, im speculating that most people would have had a few things gone different

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Taliek Brown for sure.

However I think Boatright should be there too. Not many people liked him fresh/soph years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom