Let's hope we get a 6 seed in the NCAAs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's hope we get a 6 seed in the NCAAs

Reaction Score
Who would you guys prefer? One of those Mountain West teams like Wyoming or Boise St or a surging Power 5 like Indiana or Tex A&M? Could we see the Pikiell Rutgers matchup?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My fear is that we are going to get one of the play-in winners.

Reaction Score
I don’t really get this either - take the higher seed. Realistically I’d really like to get to the sweet 16, rather a #4 second game instead of a #3.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You’re afraid of 75% of the field. Everyone we play will be good
Wrong. I'm afraid of certain seed lines and certain teams. I feel very confident that we would beat the likes of Duke, the MW teams, the other ACC teams, Wisconsin, Purdue, Auburn. I do not want to see Kentucky, Baylor, Tennessee, or Illinois. Also want to avoid Creighton and Nova. There are about 8-10 teams I don't want to see. If the bracket falls the right way, we may not see any of them. The tournament does not crown the best team; it crowns the top 68 team that gets hot and gets the right matchups.

We were not the best team in the country in 2011 or 2014. We just got hot and avoided teams we would have struggled with (Virginia and Louisville in 14 for instance).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Wrong. I'm afraid of certain seed lines and certain teams. I feel very confident that we would beat the likes of Duke, the MW teams, the other ACC teams, Wisconsin, Purdue, Auburn. I do not want to see Kentucky, Baylor, Tennessee, or Illinois. Also want to avoid Creighton and Nova. There are about 8-10 teams I don't want to see. If the bracket falls the right way, we may not see any of them. The tournament does not crown the best team; it crowns the top 68 team that gets hot and gets the right matchups.

We were not the best team in the country in 2011 or 2014. We just got hot and avoided teams we would have struggled with (Virginia and Louisville in 14 for instance).
Except for the fact you have zero clue ( like everyone else in this world) about what teams will be on what seed lines in what regions , your post would be coherent.

Scractch that. even then it wouldn’t.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Except for the fact you have zero clue ( like everyone else in this world) about what teams will be on what seed lines in what regions , your post would be coherent.

Scractch that even then it wouldn’t.
If we end up in Buffalo, will you help find so we can all take a shot at him?

Reaction Score

Scractch that. even then it wouldn’t.
I’m wondering how this guy hasn’t won the Buffett challenge once or twice already if he’s so clairvoyant??? He actually knows which teams we will beat and which we will lose to?? With that kind of knowledge you would think he’d be filthy rich.

Reaction Score
My fear is that we are going to get one of the play-in winners.
So just picking one idiots bracket, Lunardi, you would be more worried playing one of Wake/Wyoming/Indiana vs one of Notre Dame/Michigan/Davidson/Rutgers.

Please explain

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I think we'll be a 5 seed - feel like we will probably get a mid-major that we should be able to dominate down low and on the boards - 6 seed would most likely give us the winner of a play in game from a major conference - again its matchup that will determine how far we can go, not seed

Reaction Score
Don't see how we're not a 5 seed at worst so the bracket will be what it will be. Most at large teams can beat each other so it's about matchups, intensity, efficiency and luck.

Reaction Score

In 2014, LVille yes. Not afraid of Virginia. In 2011, Duke wasn’t beating UConn either

Reaction Score
We re not getting a 6, we re pretty much locked into a 5 (prolly be the strongest 5). Slight chance we are the weakest 4- if everything breaks right

Reaction Score
The team has come a long way. They just don’t quite have the horse power to play at a sustained championship level. If we get to the Sweet 16, it’s a job well done.

Reaction Score
We're just about locked in as a 5. Now hoping for a weaker 12/4 in our quad and anyone but Zaga as the #1 seed.

Reaction Score

Wait, did you just put in a series of posts that you are confident we beat Duke but afraid we lose to a play in winner?

Reaction Score
The team has come a long way. They just don’t quite have the horse power to play at a sustained championship level. If we get to the Sweet 16, it’s a job well done.
90% of this board doesn’t believe that and thinks if we get hot it’s 2011 or 2014.

Reaction Score
Wait, did you just put in a series of posts that you are confident we beat Duke but afraid we lose to a play in winner?
Yeah, his arguments don't make much sense. Let's just get the best seed we can and go from there. Don't even know who the play-in teams are and he's afraid we lose to one of them? But more confident we beat an 11 seed that he also doesn't know who it will be. That's some pretty sound logic there.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yes. Duke is extremely overrated and don’t have anyone to handle Sanogo. Play-in winners tend to do well in the field.

Reaction Score
There's only one scenario that I'm actively rooting for and that's to be in a 4/5 with Houston. I just think Houston is solidly a 5 too - not sure if winning vs Tulane and then either SMU or Memphis can make them a 4.

Reaction Score
Yes. Duke is extremely overrated and don’t have anyone to handle Sanogo. Play-in winners tend to do well in the field.
It really is amazing how infrequently your posts have any connection to actual reality.

I particularly like how you attach all these percentages and probabilities to things you have completely made up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom