Let's face facts, this team flat out stinks. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Let's face facts, this team flat out stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so freedom of speech and having your own point of view isn't allowed?
i verbally attack no 1 and am rude to no 1.
unlike others.....
Threads like this make me grateful for the Ignore function.

Done.
Which is what we should do, ignore him. Don't reply, don't even read. Little piece of crap.

Reaction Score
i think Nolan played his best half of the season. 2 flops, 2 missed layups,0 rebounds. dude can ball.

uconn with no offensive rebounds. getting destroyed on the glass, again.
only reason this game is close is because uconn has hit several 3's.

me prediction is still pain, for us fans.
you can see this coming from a mile away.

Reaction Score
At this
i think Nolan played his best half of the season. 2 flops, 2 missed layups,0 rebounds. dude can ball.

uconn with no offensive rebounds. getting destroyed on the glass, again.
only reason this game is close is because uconn has hit several 3's.

me prediction is still pain, for us fans.
you can see this coming from a mile away.

At this point why put Nolan in over Lubin?

Reaction Score
Does this team know how to drive, play defense or rebound? Front court bball = fail

Reaction Score
this entire team is a fail, including the coach.
pathetic basketball performance this year.

we should decline the invite to the NIT.
no reason to get humiliated by Yale, twice in 1 season.

Reaction Score
We. Won. A. F-----g. Title. 300. F-----g. Days. Ago.

Get a grip and stop whining like a little beeitch.

What does last years title have anything to do with this teams performance and extremely disappointing season? The poster didn't say the program stinks. He said this team stinks. And to be honest he's pretty much right at this point. We've lost to Yale and just got absolutely destroyed by Tulsa 15 games into the season. We don't do a single thing well related to basketball. Shooting, rebounding, passing, in bounding the ball, running offensive sets. We basically stink at all of them.

Face the facts man. Doesn't mean our program sucks. But last years title is irrelevant to this teams crappiness. If anything it makes it worse. If we stunk last year it would make sense. Instead we win a title and one year later are a middle of the pack mid major. If that doesn't stink then I don't know what does.

Reaction Score
I think people need to start being realistic here. Ollie the recruiter has failed Ollie the coach.

Now that Hamilton seems to be wearing down, name one player besides Boat that you feel confident in to consistently play well...

Reaction Score
I have been hoping against hope that this team would sort all its inequities out as the season has progressed, but I see very little improvement in an upward direction. If it wasn't for the unexpected 3's we would have been stomped out of the gym. Missed layups, Brimah enjoying the bench more than the floor, Nolan putting in his usual solid replacement mins for Brimah, falling apart in the 2nd half. why should we even entertain a possibility that they will magically get an invite to the NCAA tournament. If they get an invite to the NIT that would be a joke. Even if they win that, it would be a sham because that tournament is exactly that.

Reaction Score
I think people need to start being realistic here. Ollie the recruiter has failed Ollie the coach.

Now that Hamilton seems to be wearing down, name one player besides Boat that you feel confident in to consistently play well...

if you look at next year's likely roster... and what their numbers could possibly be.

PG. Adams 10 pts 5 assists
SG. Purvis 15 pts
SF. D-ham 15 pts 5 board
PF. Facey 7 pts 7 boards
C. Brimah 10pts 7 boards 4 blocks
6th man - Omar 14 pts.

if they all improve and come close to those numbers. that isn't so bad.
obviously they need to improve defensively and rebounding wise.

I think we have no chance of getting Stone but if the miracle happened.
we could be a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
if you look at next year's likely roster... and what their numbers could possibly be.

PG. Adams 10 pts 5 assists
SG. Purvis 15 pts
SF. D-ham 15 pts 5 board
PF. Facey 7 pts 7 boards
C. Brimah 10pts 7 boards 4 blocks
6th man - Omar 14 pts.

if they all improve and come close to those numbers. that isn't so bad.
obviously they need to improve defensively and rebounding wise.

I think we have no chance of getting Stone but if the miracle happened.
we could be a top 10 team.

Problem with projecting is look at what any reasonable expectation was for Purvis/Cassell/Brimah. Does anyone here feel like any of those 3 (or really anone outside of Boat, DHam, or Omar as of late) has played up to even a conservative expectation? I'd be absolutely shocked if anyone answered "yes" to this.

Reaction Score
The OP is saying it how it is...even if we don't like what he says. This team is not good right now...because they are so young. Only Boat, Amida and TSam played any substantial minutes last year...everyone else is a freshman. I consider Purvis and Facey freshman also because they did not play last year. This team needs time to learn to play with each other.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help that our bigs provide no offense which in turn allows the opponents guards to face up on there man instead of sagging and collapsing on our bigs inside. Our whole game plan is either a contested outside shot or a erratic drive to the hole. No way we can win like that....The only way to solve this problem is to recruit a big that can score ala Diamond Stone.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Are you off or on your meds again? I don't know which affects you more. You really are a pain.

He is the semi typical fan this year that carried over from the football season to now the basketball season.

Last year was magical. This year is has been horrific.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It hasn't been horrific. It's been disappointing.

Horrific is Marist.

Did you go to the Central game today? That team is horrific.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can because the others have been pretty rude with you otherwise:

Go f*(k yourself

Reaction Score
well, in my defense. the only message board i ever posted on before this 1, was the NY Mets board.
and half of that board is posters like me. we are all p'ed off and disgruntled over there.
i expect more from the Uconn Men's team than i do from the Mets.
Well, that explains everything. Let the man be...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Happy for Ignore that filtered out the entire thread, but Google cards alerted me to the thread as 'news' of a sort w/o the OP, either content or identity. Shows a few Weare UConn Comment Likes. OP liking himself, or what?

Reaction Score
in reality, I don't think anything the OP posted is inherently incorrect; it's just the way he posts it. He states that TSam is a limited player. This is true. He says Phil has regressed. Yup. Sam Jr. has not been the shooter we expected and the exhibition season led us to believe. DHam is very talented but is a freshman and is susceptible to freshman mistakes. Amida and Facey are still developing and have their good moments and their raw moments. Purvis hasn't exactly lived up to Ferrari status although he has played better as of late. Omar is looking more like frosh year Omar. What's wrong w/ any of that? Do we "flat out stink"? No. But, we have to look at this roster for what it is. There is not a lot of talent here and we have deficiencies in some key areas --> ballhandling, passing, frontcourt toughness, etc. Tough to win when those fundamental areas are often missing.

Reaction Score

I have a solution for you. Stop watching & stop posting. I get your frustration, but what you don't understand is why I come to this board. It's not to read a childish fan rant about their feelings about how our players stink. That does nothing for me. I come here to learn more about the team, what's happening, and news and updates. Emotional posts and basketball analyses by casual fans are a complete waste of my time. So, I ask you. Who are you posting for? You're not providing anything of value and you're seeminglu just rubbing salt in the wound for a whole bunch of us who love this team (flaws and all). So, if this is some sort of personal therapy for yourself, why do you have to drag us into your dark space? Why do you feel compelled to make the rest of us feel as awful as you feel?

Reaction Score
Gutless and heartless were the mojo words of last season... This is the year of Nolan and Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom